Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Now we're talking!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:46 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
DeMan Motorsports 4.0L GT4 is complete and dyno tested!

403HP at the WHEELS! and 340FT/Lb of TQ at the wheels!

Given an average and arguable percentage loss thru the drive train of between 10-12% we could say we have the GT4 4.0L with 450+ HP and 380 TQ!

Hi,

Is this just the stroker and no other mods?
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts
Default DeMan Motorsport 4.0L Stage 1 Stroker package

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Hi,

Is this just the stroker and no other mods?
It consists of 4.0L stroker kit, 82mm Throttle body, Headers and appropriate DeMan Motorsport in-house tuning on our Dyna Pack dyno.

Last edited by Rick DeMan; 01-07-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dyno sheets added

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

DeMan Motorsports 4.0L GT4 is complete and dyno tested!

403HP at the WHEELS! and 340FT/Lb of TQ at the wheels!

Given an average and arguable percentage loss thru the drive train of between 10-12% we could say we have the GT4 4.0L with 450+ HP and 380 TQ!

DeMan Motorsport 4.0L GT4 Stage 1 in RED compared to Stock 3.8L GT4 in GREEN
That's raw!
May I ask why no correction?
EDIT: Also, back to back dyno? or different days?

It consists of 4.0L stroker kit, 95mm Throttle body, Headers and appropriate DeMan Motorsport in-house tuning on our Dyna Pack dyno.
Thank you sir!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

it ain't real until you put a little "4.0" sticker on the bottom rocker.

ok.. that's amazing. can you imagine this car with the headers and exhaust.. probably THE PERFECT PORSCHE.

anyone willing to take the plunge first and report back?
Old 01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
it ain't real until you put a little "4.0" sticker on the bottom rocker.

ok.. that's amazing. can you imagine this car with the headers and exhaust.. probably THE PERFECT PORSCHE.

anyone willing to take the plunge first and report back?
GT4.0 !!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Open invite for anyone to come to shop, take a demonstration ride in our GT4.0 and see actual in house dyno run..

GT4 ownership required...
Old 01-06-2016, 05:11 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Open invite for anyone to come to shop, take a demonstration ride in our GT4.0 and see actual in house dyno run.. GT4 ownership required...
where is your shop ? My build is July 2016
Old 01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,452 Likes on 756 Posts

^So - I can have my GT4 when I pick it up in June, which I need to have shipped to Chicago, and have it shipped to you all for this conversion?

I would be interested in what this costs and entails.

I guess say good bye to the warranty
Old 01-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,452 Likes on 756 Posts

Also - how does the car sound??

Can you post some clips of her?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Good looking curves. Congrats!

Thats about what I would expect from a 4.0, based on my data and experience with my 4.2. These engines are very predictable, until port flow and cam timing alterations are made. I found back in 2010 that the DFI pump timing needed alterations at these higher levels of displacement, and rod ratio, made big impacts on where the timing would be optimized for each combination of stroke/ rod/ bore/ CR, and even the configuration of the piston crown made impacts on this variable. We spent days playing with this in and out of the car, but setting the engine dyno up in the lab was worth its weight in gold when figuring out what the engine wanted, since the changes could be made in minutes, instead of hours. Leaving the engine there for months and playing with it made me beat my head against the wall over and over again.

With the GT4 version of the 4.2, I am in no hurry to start selling engines. Though we have taken the 6.5 years of internal 9a1 4.2 liter experience we have, and invested it into the GT4 version of the engine, the differences are enough between the platforms that I want to see the long term effects of the enhancements before the line forms at the door here.

Since we keep very few original, or Porsche parts, and use a billet crank, rods, rod bearings from an engine that not even a Porsche, machine away original cylinders, use custom pistons, and etc it takes time to build up, and tear down things to see just how good we are at the job of component, and engine development. Lots of times we see that what we thought was perfected, really isn't. I try not to haphazardly toss things together, assuming that they are going to be OK down the road. They seldom are.

I am quite reserved with releasing the final product, because we often learn what we didn't know, and have to work on the recipe a little bit (or a lot!). I was so reserved with the 9a1- 4.2L engine that we wouldn't even release Cayman X to Panorama for it's feature until 2013 (December 2013 pages 66-71), even though the car was completed and running early in 2011. We didn't accept the first customer's car for a 4.2L build until 2012.

I don't fancy factory parts very much, so we even toss away the timing chains from brand new or low mileage engines, along with about 100 pounds of other stuff, right down to the valves, valve seats, springs, and hardware. Original cylinders are removed, and replaced with LN Engineering Nickies, and the list goes on.

Doing all of this the way I choose to, is not fast. That said, we were able to build the very first 9a1, big bore performance engine in the world; when we pulled an engine out an 11 mile Cayman S in mid 2009, and had no idea what we were doing. With none of the special tools needed in hand, and without even having a factory set of technical publications, it all began.

I won't be happy selling these for at least another year or so, as I feel the engine has a lot more to offer with a few unlocked doors that we've been learning more and more about. The factory chose some characteristics for the Gt4 version of the internals that are interesting, to say the very least, when compared to other engines for other variants. The dyno is a nice tool, and I have 3 (two engine dynes, one chassis dyno), but they don't tell the whole story.

I just want to see how they continue to look as we tear them back down after some torture sessions to look at the guts of the beast.

Engines will be built up, and sold on an exchange basis, for faster turnaround; unless someone wants to retain their engine code specifically. Those jobs will take 6 months+ at minimum to process, but if we perform the exchange, then the whole thing can take two weeks.... IF we are able to keep the engines "in stock". Remember, this is not a "swap" or a "conversion", its a hand built performance engine that retains as little of the original character as possible. About the only thing we buy from Porsche, is a few gaskets and seals, but their head gaskets won't even fit this big bore, beast :-)

There are many ways to do all of this, and there are no rules. If there were, we wouldn't call it "Hot Rodding".

Here's a couple of pics:
Attached Images     
Old 01-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
where is your shop ? My build is July 2016
DeMan Motorsport is in the Metro NY area.

DeMan Motorsport
845-727-3070
Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^So - I can have my GT4 when I pick it up in June, which I need to have shipped to Chicago, and have it shipped to you all for this conversion?

I would be interested in what this costs and entails.

I guess say good bye to the warranty
Hi Jimmy,

Yes, car needs to be at DeMan Motorsport in NY for 2 weeks.

Call anytime to discuss pricing and technical details.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

[QUOTE=Flat6 Innovations;12905339]Good looking curves. Congrats!

Thanks for the nice words Jake!
Keep us posted on your results, sounds really expensive throwing away all those factory parts.

Our 4.0L GT4 engines are built on the same philosophy as the Factory Porsche Motorsport 4.0L RS and RSR engines with simillar bore and stroke dimensions.
We love the Factory Crank, bores and Pistons. Porsche uses the same design parts in the 991 GT3 and Turbo for Years with great success and performance.

We have the greatest confidence our engines are built to last and perform as the factory intended.

Can't wait to see what the 4.2 you are making will do!!

Regards
Rick DeMan

Quick Reply: GT4.0 RS?