Default 4 Post Lift

Going to order a 4-post lift. Any recommendations? Thanks
Old 11-22-2015, 10:06 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Going to order a 4-post lift. Any recommendations? Thanks
I am having a quality lift brand installed by autoquip in Long Island. Nice lift with all of the features I needed but with service in case I ever need it. Parking GT4 on it. You will also need a high lift door if you don't have a deep garage.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 274 Posts

I recently had a Bendpak HD9XW installed along with a bridge jack in my garage. Great lift so far, but I suggest you get the longer ramps if you want to drive a GT4 on front first. The front splitter will not clear with the standard ramps, but it will if you don't mind backing it on.

The extra high height and width is a nice feature of the XW, but it still will fit in a 10 ft wide space.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts

I have a Park King 4 post lift and really like it. No problems in 10 years use. I have 14' ceilings and still ran into clearance problems depending on which car was on top so I got a Liftmaster 8500 garage door opener and love it! It fits directly on to the wall and bar that opens the door so there's no track hanging down from the ceiling. Big improvement over typical garage door opener!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

I have a Bendpak HD-9 and it is great. The aluminum ramps are a must have option IMHO. They slip right off and are easy to store out of the way and eliminate hanging ramps. The only way I can get my car on the lift is reversing in even with the longer aluminum ramps. I have 11.5' ceiling and converted both doors to high lift with Liftmaster 8500's.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:46 AM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used ARESCO in Michigan for two 4 post lifts - GREAT customer service.

Used them without any problems over the past 15+ years.

I've been told to only buy a lift that is made from "american made steel" - supposedly Aresco is a rebranded lift that is made of American made steel.

http://aresco.org/
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In less than a week I ordered a black Direct Lift PP8S from Derek Weaver, it was shipped, delivered (this was a big deal for me as it only goes to the freight terminal and you have to figure out how to get 2000lbs both loaded on your trailer and more importantly UNLOADED at home!), and installed it.

Ordered Monday before noon and it was lifting on Saturday and that's only because that's when I had time to build it, was delivered on Wednesday. The only item I needed to buy/add was ~2.5-2.75 gallons of hydraulic fluid.

The install took two of us goofing around 6 hours, we could do the next one in 4 or less. You won't be able to do it solo without an engine hoist.

Perfect size for my needs/garage. Includes 2 chocks, 2 ramps, 4 drip trays and a jack stand tray as well as 4 casters (polyurethane wheels so they don't mar my epoxy floor) which are more important that I ever thought they would be.

The ability to lower the lift on to the casters so it "lifts itself" and you can re-position it or move it to a different garage bay etc is priceless. For my setup I have it directly over my S4 during the summer months and then I put it perpendicular for the winter when I know I won't be using it at all. That way I don't have to worry about parking in the right spot to be able to open rear doors.

If it matters Direct Lift is the residential brand for Rotary lift. My Porsche dealer as well as my XPEL installer/detailer all have Rotary lifts exclusively. If I didn't get the Direct Lift I would have gotten a Bendpak.

Something that was important to me about the Direct Lift that might be important to you is that it is ALI/ETL Certified:
http://www.autolift.org/auto-lift-in...ation-program/
Old 11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
I have a Bendpak HD-9 and it is great. The aluminum ramps are a must have option IMHO. They slip right off and are easy to store out of the way and eliminate hanging ramps. The only way I can get my car on the lift is reversing in even with the longer aluminum ramps. I have 11.5' ceiling and converted both doors to high lift with Liftmaster 8500's.

That is a nice setup, just had my high lift garage door completed today.

Nice pulley for the thule, I have heard mixed reviews on them in terms of install, was that easy as I need to do something with my box,
Old 11-23-2015, 05:51 PM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks, I will check out the recommendations!
Old 11-23-2015, 05:53 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
That is a nice setup, just had my high lift garage door completed today.

Nice pulley for the thule, I have heard mixed reviews on them in terms of install, was that easy as I need to do something with my box,
Thanks! The problem with the Thule lift install is that the kit is really just a bunch of parts. You must measure everything out on the ceiling and adjust placement to the joists. At the same time you are working on a ladder with only two hands. It takes a whole lot longer than it should... One up it works great though and solves a big problem if you have a box.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:05 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
In less than a week I ordered a black Direct Lift PP8S from Derek Weaver, it was shipped, delivered (this was a big deal for me as it only goes to the freight terminal and you have to figure out how to get 2000lbs both loaded on your trailer and more importantly UNLOADED at home!), and installed it.

The install took two of us goofing around 6 hours, we could do the next one in 4 or less. You won't be able to do it solo without an engine hoist.
I'm looking into getting a 4 post lift. Is the PP8S deliverable by lift gate service or do you need a forklift?

I'm a little confused about the installation instructions. It says you need 6' clearance in front and 9' clearance in back to install some safety rods. The lift itself is 14.5' long so you need at least a 21' garage assuming the 9' clearance can stick out of the garage? Is this clearance needed during operation or just for installation?

I'm also concerned about the slope of my garage. I have about 3.5" of grade over the length of the lift. How does the lift work when leveling? At the lowest position do the runways sit flat on the ground or does it remain level so that the outer end of the runway is sitting a few inches off the ground? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:43 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

I just got the Bendpak HD-9. It is a good lift and the biggest standard lift relative to its competitors. I would have gotten the park king but it was smaller in fact most other brands are smaller unless you go with "extra" width or length models then they were too big.

I think the build is fine, it it as nice as the park King? Probably not but it works and it's nice enough. It's definitely a value lift.

I paid someone $800 to install it. It is a two person job.

Jeff
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Advantage lifts makes a great product, heavy duty and 100% stable. Sadly I had to give mine up when I moved to Cali but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got this going in the new house.

http://aresco.org/bendpak_HD_9SW_4post.html
Old 06-13-2016, 01:48 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased a 4 post lift from advantage lifts and used autoquip to install. Great product and heavy duty....

Quick Reply: 4 Post Lift