Sponsored by: APR

Definitive Delivery Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:44 PM
realdrray
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Definitive Delivery Checklist

So as **** as I am and with all the suspension adjustability and aero adjustments i was wondering if anyone had a definitive checklist of things that should be checked prior to taking delivery. As several people seem to have already taken or are taking delivery in the next few weeks does anyone have a list of items that should be checked while taking delivery, a few things that i thought of were:
-alignment printout
-tire pressures
-nav and electronics(bluetooth)
-feeling under the front lip to ensure no scratches(i've had lots of low cars and i know how easy it is the scrape the lip)

any other things anyone can think of? maybe we can compile a list that we can print and take with us to delivery to help sooth our OCD
Old 08-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure they installed lip
Make sure they installed the aero scoops under the front end (and correct wing alignment matches?)
Make sure no spring blocks in the suspension from trucking/shipping (if applicable)
Old 08-19-2015, 02:57 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

DME print out
ask them to take a pic of the mileage at delivery from the truck (this will minimize the risk of "long trips to the gas station")
Old 08-19-2015, 04:55 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcD147
DME print out
ask them to take a pic of the mileage at delivery from the truck (this will minimize the risk of "long trips to the gas station")
What's a DME?
Old 08-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
What's a DME?
I believe it is an over-rev report letting you know if the engine was over-revved.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:12 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by realdrray
So as **** as I am and with all the suspension adjustability and aero adjustments i was wondering if anyone had a definitive checklist of things that should be checked prior to taking delivery. As several people seem to have already taken or are taking delivery in the next few weeks does anyone have a list of items that should be checked while taking delivery, a few things that i thought of were:
-alignment printout
-tire pressures
-nav and electronics(bluetooth)
-feeling under the front lip to ensure no scratches(i've had lots of low cars and i know how easy it is the scrape the lip)

any other things anyone can think of? maybe we can compile a list that we can print and take with us to delivery to help sooth our OCD
I doubt a dealer is going to give you an alignment printout unless that's standard Porsche practice? Tire pressures for sure. What are you worried about with nav and Bluetooth? Or do you just want an orientation session? As for scratches under the lip, they're inevitable IMHO, so if there are already a few, I don't see the point in demanding a replacement when you're just going to put those scrapes right back on, possibly even leaving the dealer lot judging by some driveways I've seen at Porsche dealers.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
As for scratches under the lip, they're inevitable IMHO, so if there are already a few, I don't see the point in demanding a replacement when you're just going to put those scrapes right back on, possibly even leaving the dealer lot judging by some driveways I've seen at Porsche dealers.
Sorry, but I disagree with this statement.
I am spending over $100k on a brand new car and I expect it to be perfect, and that includes the front lip.
This is no $10k Hyundai.
If it's going to get scratched up, let me the original owner make the first scratches.
If I find scratches on my front lip I am going to demand that they order and send to me a new one....period.
If I'm buying a used car, then scrapes would be acceptable, but I'm getting a brand spanking new car, and like I said I expect everything to be perfect as it should be.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:22 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Sorry, but I disagree with this statement.
I am spending over $100k on a brand new car and I expect it to be perfect, and that includes the front lip.
This is no $10k Hyundai.
If it's going to get scratched up, let me the original owner make the first scratches.
If I find scratches on my front lip I am going to demand that they order and send to me a new one....period.
If I'm buying a used car, then scrapes would be acceptable, but I'm getting a brand spanking new car, and like I said I expect everything to be perfect as it should be.
Fair enough. I guess I just don't see how a few scratches appreciably shortens the life of the lip, and if they're not even visible and you know you'll be adding them immediately thereafter, then this stance seems to be purely based on principle rather than any amount of rationality. But that's certainly not unique to this situation among car enthusiasts.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My process is a lot different. I say "yeah, yeah, yeah" to the "blah, blah, blah", 20 second scan of the paperwork, sign check, grab keys and drive off.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 130 Posts

Try not to let a checklist ruin your enjoyment of the moment!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:17 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

check the spoiler mounts at the back, some people have reported one of the sides not sitting flush against the trunk.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:44 AM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the car is low, but after leaving the dealer and going through multiple entryways and driveways (my brothers driveway, a gas station and the dealership driveway) and even a speed bump, I think people will be pleasantly surprised. I didn't scrape once and I looked under to check, it was clean. I was just careful and approached slowly like usual with a slight angle.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:39 AM
cbdoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Try not to let a checklist ruin your enjoyment of the moment!
This.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:28 AM
m3irish
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
What's a DME?
German speek for engine control unit (ECU). It's the computer that runs the motor.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:07 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Fair enough. I guess I just don't see how a few scratches appreciably shortens the life of the lip, and if they're not even visible and you know you'll be adding them immediately thereafter, then this stance seems to be purely based on principle rather than any amount of rationality. But that's certainly not unique to this situation among car enthusiasts.
Good points here - Being reasonable and easy/pleasurable to deal with will help you build your long term relationship with your dealer and their personnel and put you in a position to get the cars you want, when others can't, in the future. You don't have to settle, but being difficult over issues that have no impact won't get you to or keep you at the front of the line in the future!

Quick Reply: Definitive Delivery Checklist