Old 07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
How are you attaching the sub belts?

No chassis modifications is great? How about cosmetic modifications?
We have been sourcing a sub mount strap bar from Brey Krause similar to the ones used on the 996s and 997s; this allows you to anchor the 6-point sub strap to the seat base.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:16 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have gotten several inquiries about mufflers as well and why we did not list these in our Stage 1 package and we wanted folks to note that we did so because a lot of your enjoy your PSE and we were trying to keep the kit in the $10K or below range.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:09 PM
jonathangt4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So around 10k for gains of 385 to 415..
Supposedly tune alone would bring the car to 406 based on mcchip dkr. You're telling me after LT headers de catted.. upgraded throttle body... and intake gains are only +9hp? I'm having second thoughts on this car. I'm really into building my own cars.. I was at least expecting around 430 crank after those bolt ons. Not too sure any more..
Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 PM
hadokenny
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathangt4
So around 10k for gains of 385 to 415..
Supposedly tune alone would bring the car to 406 based on mcchip dkr. You're telling me after LT headers de catted.. upgraded throttle body... and intake gains are only +9hp? I'm having second thoughts on this car. I'm really into building my own cars.. I was at least expecting around 430 crank after those bolt ons. Not too sure any more..
Sounds like you should get the turbo'ed 991.2 911 instead. GT4 is the wrong car if you want power. NA engine is going to cost a lot more $$ per HP.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jonathangt4
So around 10k for gains of 385 to 415.. Supposedly tune alone would bring the car to 406 based on mcchip dkr. You're telling me after LT headers de catted.. upgraded throttle body... and intake gains are only +9hp? I'm having second thoughts on this car. I'm really into building my own cars.. I was at least expecting around 430 crank after those bolt ons. Not too sure any more..
I am just conservative because I'm tired of the over promising and under delivering that plagues this industry. I'm undercutting estimates and results and would sooner have folks be happier than anticipated.

In terms of crank power, the headers and mufflers are estimated to be 15 and 15 each but i tell people 9 and 7 respectively. If the throttle body is estimated to be worth 10, i tell folks 7 and to expect 1 - 2 from filters and 10 more from a file. By my numbers that is 30 - 35 which is crank so assume maybe 25 - 30 rwhp. You could do lighter drivetrain parts like race oil or an 11lb single mass aluminum flywheel and really stack the deck.

Believe me, now that the 3.0F6 turbo that makes 420/370 is out, I want to know if we can shove that motor in a 981 street car. We have always been all about the NA thing for endurance racing purposes but can you imagine that motor in a 981 with a flash?!? That's 50 lb/ft if torque more than any NA 3.8L Porsche motor, including the GT3.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 09-10-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Believe me, now that the 3.0F6 turbo that makes 420/370 is out, I want to know if we can shove that motor in a 981 street car. We have always been all about the NA thing for endurance racing purposes but can you imagine that motor in a 981 with a flash?!? That's 50 lb/ft if torque more than any NA 3.8L Porsche motor, including the GT3.
Why stop there, or is the 3.8l F6 turbo AWD only?

Last edited by d00d; 06-25-2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:31 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No. That has always been a dream of mine because i feel as if we need to make a 500hp fire breathing turbo Cayman WITH ALL OE DRIVETRAIN PARTS. The problem is that there was never any place to put intercoolers without cutting holes in the unibody and special manifolds would have been needed so I gave up once I found out that flat 4 turbos and flat 6 turbos were on the horizon. If i can get my hands on a F4 turbo 981 and study it for a day, this should not be that hard. We do need to create a different thread for this though, which i will!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:04 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For anyone that wants to hear what the Cargraphic headers with cats sound like mated to a PSE, I took this video. I will take some more video from this weekend's event at Sebring.

John
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_6132.MOV (1.31 MB, 882 views)
Old 09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts
Default GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!

For anyone that wants to hear what the Cargraphic headers with cats sound like mated to a PSE, I took this video. I will take some more video from this weekend's event at Sebring.

John
Are you sure that the guy in the shot that was giving it gas is not Mark Wahlberg?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That's Wolverine actually, given how big his poof is getting! We have an office pool going to see how big it can get! It's a bit difficult when he works with glass and aluminum given the whole adamantium claws thing but he handles it.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

John

That sounds great! But that PSE is different that the one on the GT4. Likely would sound even meaner with the GT4 PSE.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:47 PM
jonathangt4
Intermediate

I am just conservative because I'm tired of the over promising and under delivering that plagues this industry. I'm undercutting estimates and results and would sooner have folks be happier than anticipated.

In terms of crank power, the headers and mufflers are estimated to be 15 and 15 each but i tell people 9 and 7 respectively. If the throttle body is estimated to be worth 10, i tell folks 7 and to expect 1 - 2 from filters and 10 more from a file. By my numbers that is 30 - 35 which is crank so assume maybe 25 - 30 rwhp. You could do lighter drivetrain parts like race oil or an 11lb single mass aluminum flywheel and really stack the deck.

I was hoping you were going to say you were being conservative with those numbers.. this has got me thinking of installing a single turbo on my gt4
Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Our car is leaving the shop this week and headed to the U.S. and the onliy thing more exciting than the fact that I have a VIN is that i can finally get these parts on the car.

For Stage I, I have the ECU flash for 8050 RPM, the 3-4-5-6 gears, the 4-point harness bar that has been revised for the LWB seats, the upgraded plenum and 82mm throttle body, the longtube Cargraphic headers that were revised for the GT4, the 12lb single mass flywheel with the dampened clutch and the high flow filters. In fact, i might even do a full short ratio 1-2-3-4-5-6 transmission. Matt at Guard won't let me install the only remaining 4.12 R&P in existence, even though i am keen on doing it just to be a snob and see what i can really do to wake this car up in the gearing department. The 3 biggest reasons NOT to do the R&P are 1.) reliability (we won't sell anything that we have seen fail.) 2.) lack of significant advantage - the car already has a 3.89 R&P and 4.12 isn't enough of a jump 3.) applicability - You guys hate the tall 2nd gear and what you really need is a shorter 2nd and while it would lower the max RPM in 2nd, it's just not feasible.

As much as I have gotten frustrated over feedback on this forum, I need to open it up and ask what we can do to improve our offerings because I follow these threads from afar but i have to say that i'm left scratching my head sometimes when i read replies from shops and you guys are asking for things like harness bars and gears to be made by them, which we already make. Warranty concerns?! Yes, absolutely valid for not wanting to proceed but let's be honest with ourselves; if you are the least bit concerned about being able to make the dealership pay for parts and labor for a CEL on your dash, you should not be considering 1 single non-OE modification whatsoever.

The addition of the X51 Power Kit cylinder heads has been inquired about because folks know that Porsche builds a good product but must realize that powertrain warranty will be subject to out of pocket dollars and you are willing to rely on our abilities and Porsche product and trade that worry for 450 crank hp in his GT4 with short ratio gears and an even lighter weight flywheel.

We are driven 50% by creating offerings that keep our business in the foreground but also because we have always felt that this car has deserved more power since day 1 in 2006. If you have comments on the parts we sell, comments about the harness bar, comments about exhaust manifolds, comments about suspension offerings, feel free to PM me so that we can attempt to revise anything we need to in order to try and stay ahead of the game.

Thank you very much.

John

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 09-23-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ What about a new rear toe link so we can use smaller wheels?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

John,

I still don't have my car yet and likely won't be making any modifications for the near future. With that being said, its exactly the reason you mentioned that I would lean towards your shop over others (many of which are only an hour away).

I think a lot of the guys in the GT4 sub-forum are GT3 guys, so I don't know if they feel the same underdog Cayman passion that some of us 987 guys do. For many years a lot of us have been saying "if only they gave the Cayman the ___ it deserves", but you guys have been putting your money where your mouth is. For that, I think its important to show support for what you have and will do for our platform.

Obviously, if you put out a bad product, it wouldn't matter, but from all accounts I'm aware of, you have battle-tested products and a good track record. You've got my vote FWIW.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!