Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:48 PM
kmmalek
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather have more displacement and the attendant greater torque.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:01 PM
gixxerjoe
8th Gear

Originally Posted by n4v4nod

yup!

Will this option be available for the US and for all models? What type of PPF will Porsche use? Will it be like Xpel, self healing?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:16 AM
ciscostud
Advanced

Originally Posted by kmmalek
I'd rather have more displacement and the attendant greater torque.
There is no replacement for displacement!! 8-)
Old 02-25-2019, 02:22 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerjoe
Will this option be available for the US and for all models? What type of PPF will Porsche use? Will it be like Xpel, self healing?
I got my entire car done in xpel for $2,400. Not sure I would pay a porsche premium on this.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:21 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mithiral67
I got my entire car done in xpel for $2,400. Not sure I would pay a porsche premium on this.
That's a smoking hot deal. I doubt you can replicate that reliably in a lot of the country. Also if you're doing European delivery, PPF isn't as common.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:37 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackholescion
That's a smoking hot deal. I doubt you can replicate that reliably in a lot of the country. Also if you're doing European delivery, PPF isn't as common.
Ha, I didnt price around, but good to know its a good price. I had planned on finding a new place because the place I used didnt know how to keep appointments. Took a total of 4 trips to get the whole car done. First trip, they forgot about my booking and couldnt fit me in that day at all, needed to reschedule 3 weeks out. So I learned to call before I drove the hour to their shop. Second time, called at 8am to confirm my 9am appt, they had me down. So I drive in to find out they thought I was dropping the car off over night. I explained no, when i made the appt that I would want it all done in a day and I would work in their waiting area, which they had agreed to on the phone. That did happen because another car was scheduled that morning and the installer wouldnt be free until the afternoon and they could only do half of my car. So stayed the whole day for the front to be done in the afternoon. 3 week wait again for the sides and back. Repeat the process of ensuring they had me down, show up for the half day to complete the car. Oops, we ran out of xpel sheets large enough to cover the back. 4th appt 3 weeks later to complete the car. 8 hours of driving might have made this a break even process.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Ha, I didnt price around, but good to know its a good price. I had planned on finding a new place because the place I used didnt know how to keep appointments. Took a total of 4 trips to get the whole car done. First trip, they forgot about my booking and couldnt fit me in that day at all, needed to reschedule 3 weeks out. So I learned to call before I drove the hour to their shop. Second time, called at 8am to confirm my 9am appt, they had me down. So I drive in to find out they thought I was dropping the car off over night. I explained no, when i made the appt that I would want it all done in a day and I would work in their waiting area, which they had agreed to on the phone. That did happen because another car was scheduled that morning and the installer wouldnt be free until the afternoon and they could only do half of my car. So stayed the whole day for the front to be done in the afternoon. 3 week wait again for the sides and back. Repeat the process of ensuring they had me down, show up for the half day to complete the car. Oops, we ran out of xpel sheets large enough to cover the back. 4th appt 3 weeks later to complete the car. 8 hours of driving might have made this a break even process.
Sounds like a nightmare. Probably worth it over several thousand dollars though. I've seen quotes from 4-6k for my M2. 4k Locally. 6k in more populated and well heeled areas. It's all supply, demand, and what the market can handle. Just labor more than anything with only a couple hundred bucks in material.

All that having been said, the $2700 price for full front isn't too far above quotes I've seen for <insert car here>. They probably don't use xpel but it's definitely fine, especially for PTS and European delivery. I'm shocked they aren't charging more.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:11 PM
35Mugen
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Pretty sure I saw that you could get a dash cam on the Toyota / Lexus configurator as well. They catch on fast and who wouldn't mind PPF or a dash cam with warranty and residualized Saves you from having to take a day or two off work to have it installed. Better to get it upon delivery... that's got to be worth some $$$.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Ya, that’s inexpensive. Custom cut and edges wrapped? Even if not, it’s still inexpensive.

Agree, factory offered is awesome. Wonder what kind of warranty is included?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:11 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackholescion
Sounds like a nightmare. Probably worth it over several thousand dollars though. I've seen quotes from 4-6k for my M2. 4k Locally. 6k in more populated and well heeled areas. It's all supply, demand, and what the market can handle. Just labor more than anything with only a couple hundred bucks in material.

All that having been said, the $2700 price for full front isn't too far above quotes I've seen for <insert car here>. They probably don't use xpel but it's definitely fine, especially for PTS and European delivery. I'm shocked they aren't charging more.
Lol, who know if I got xpel, all I had for proof was the hundred of so pamphlets in their waiting area.

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Ya, that’s inexpensive. Custom cut and edges wrapped? Even if not, it’s still inexpensive.

Agree, factory offered is awesome. Wonder what kind of warranty is included?
Custom cut, but no edge wraps. I could see dissembling for wraps causing a big jump in price.

This was also 5 years ago.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:28 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Lol, who know if I got xpel, all I had for proof was the hundred of so pamphlets in their waiting area.

Custom cut, but no edge wraps. I could see dissembling for wraps causing a big jump in price.

This was also 5 years ago.
i was more talking about Porsche not using xpel.

Wrapping edges definitely costs $Texas. Mine was cut from template and still came in at 4k. Was 4400 but I got a deal via the dealer at the same place I was going to take it locally. The M2 has a complex front bumper but not $1600 worth haha.

Hopefully that place hasn’t wisened up and your next car is just as cheap to get the wrap on!
Old 02-27-2019, 06:04 PM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 70 Posts

Crickets on this page for two days...I sense something is going to be revealed very soon...
Old 02-27-2019, 06:46 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMMY JAMES
Crickets on this page for two days...I sense something is going to be revealed very soon...

Thank goodness for crickets. The drivel has been killing me. Radio silence until there's something to say would be awesome.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:17 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

A poster on RT said the road car will have a swan neck wing like the clubsport. I don't know if that's true but think it would be cool as I don't really know of any road cars that currently have that. Maybe the Senna
Old 02-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerjoe
Paid less than half that for XPEL over the same area.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?