Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by toppestofkeks
If there's 1 thing we know for sure is that it's not going to be a 4l turbo. Your dealer fed you nonsense. You just wanted some justification to buy something sooner and you got it.
You missed the duallity and hint of sarcasim of the story, the C63S is a 4L turbo! Get it?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:49 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by toppestofkeks
Guess one gets used to "different" corners of the internet
No it was subtle and you had to be looking for it through non-wishful 4.0L glasses. I was poking fun but it would have been easy to miss without some objectivity in your position.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:49 AM
LordLucan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Thats it, I cant stand it any longer. All this talk of this and that. So I have one real bit of info that no Porsche dealer knows.
My local Mercedes dealer contact has a direct line with marketing in Germany, oldy enough, and he is a big Porsche fan too. He was so kind to tell me all the upcoming gossip and he did confirm its a 4L and a turbo! How bout dat!
So we purchased the new AMG C63S....
That’s quite clever! Made me chuckle.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:21 AM
LordLucan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Knutsm01

A lot of the insiders here have said Geneva for along time. Something obviously happened along the way, emissions, strut tower issues, supply chain, 992 preference, production capacity, who knows.
Or perhaps the “insiders” didn’t have any genuine “inside information” at all?
Old 03-09-2019, 02:38 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by LordLucan

Or perhaps the “insiders” didn’t have any genuine “inside information” at all?
Or maybe Porsche sources don't know, or plans keep changing, or Porsche Marketing is just screwing with us....
Old 03-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatte
I do not remember the transatlantic flier or the guys with the race teams or the one who runs a dealership being rude or making fun of anyone.

There were others who did that. TCS specifically explained over and over again in full detail, the reasoning behind what he stated.
Never claimed that they did.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:26 PM
vudores
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 40 Posts

Like many of you I’m anxiously awaiting the GT4 (deposit paid and #3 on a list). So naturally I check this thread and google more often than I’d care to admit. I just stumbled upon this and thought that despite the fact the article doesn’t mention PPF, it may nonetheless be of interest to some of you guys.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/po...-of-stuttgart/
Old 03-10-2019, 12:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by vudores
Like many of you I’m anxiously awaiting the GT4 (deposit paid and #3 on a list). So naturally I check this thread and google more often than I’d care to admit. I just stumbled upon this and thought that despite the fact the article doesn’t mention PPF, it may nonetheless be of interest to some of you guys.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/po...-of-stuttgart/
The article says that the car will weigh 110lbs less....that'll be great if it does and more than offset the weight of the PDK.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:30 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Thats it, I cant stand it any longer. All this talk of this and that. So I have one real bit of info that no Porsche dealer knows.
My local Mercedes dealer contact has a direct line with marketing in Germany, oldy enough, and he is a big Porsche fan too. He was so kind to tell me all the upcoming gossip and he did confirm its a 4L and a turbo! How bout dat!
So we purchased the new AMG C63S....
The wait is killing me. It's like deja vu all over again. It seems like Porsche actively tries to get you to the point of giving up and buying another car like GAZZ did. For those that recall the launch debacle of the last GT4, PCNA withheld notifying its dealers when or if they would receive allocations. It was insane as you had no idea if or when you would get a car. I see that PCNA changed its process with the latest GT3 launch, and promptly notified the dealer upfront of all their regular GT3 allocations. It seams to me with the next GT4, the insanity comes from the many months, even years of Porsche-induced leaks. Yet, still no official launch date. Good grief.

Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

I'm fine with the wait - mostly because I love the car in the garage. I'm not putting myself through the emotional rollercoaster that we went through the last time.
If I decide I want one (based on several factors) and I'm able to get a build - great.
If I can't get a build I'll be patient and maybe buy one as they pop up for sale.
Or maybe I decide I don't want one.

If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not - I'm completely okay with it. It's only a car.
The current GT4 is beautiful and capable, and I built it the way I wanted it. Keeping it is not a hardship!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:08 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
...... Yet, still no official launch date. Good grief.
For sure! I'm on the list for a GT4, but this is exasperating and I suspect Porsche is either manipulating us, or just doesn't have their stuff together. Probably both.

The GT4 will still be an old 981 frame, have an uninspiring interior, probably won't have either a PDK, so what , or a touring option, will offer the same old colors, 95% of it will be from the overpriced Porsche parts bin, and it MAY have a NA flat six, 3.8 or 4.0...all as the rest of the industry is catching up. European emissions are one thing as is e-Porsche, but always trying to take advantage every possible opportunity to maximize profit is insulting to long term customers. Once the GT4 is finally announced and released, Porsche will probably produce all of them the market needs, plus, and dealers will love MSRP + ADM sales.

What suckers we are
Old 03-10-2019, 09:21 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks like Porsche will never take the mid engine platform serious and still has rear engine is great goggles on.
Unlike Aston Martin who see this mid engine segment as their future growth and direction. Some really georgous designs at Geneva.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:54 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

+1 we should all take this position...for a lot of reasons

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I'm fine with the wait - mostly because I love the car in the garage. I'm not putting myself through the emotional rollercoaster that we went through the last time.
If I decide I want one (based on several factors) and I'm able to get a build - great.
If I can't get a build I'll be patient and maybe buy one as they pop up for sale.
Or maybe I decide I don't want one.

If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not - I'm completely okay with it. It's only a car.
The current GT4 is beautiful and capable, and I built it the way I wanted it. Keeping it is not a hardship!
Old 03-11-2019, 01:14 AM
getoffmylawn
Intermediate

Lol at the people contributing nothing to this thread but their personal anxiety from the wait.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by fantom
For sure! I'm on the list for a GT4, but this is exasperating and I suspect Porsche is either manipulating us, or just doesn't have their stuff together. Probably both.

The GT4 will still be an old 981 frame, have an uninspiring interior, probably won't have either a PDK, so what , or a touring option, will offer the same old colors, 95% of it will be from the overpriced Porsche parts bin, and it MAY have a NA flat six, 3.8 or 4.0...all as the rest of the industry is catching up. European emissions are one thing as is e-Porsche, but always trying to take advantage every possible opportunity to maximize profit is insulting to long term customers. Once the GT4 is finally announced and released, Porsche will probably produce all of them the market needs, plus, and dealers will love MSRP + ADM sales.

What suckers we are
It may just be me but I have never been so curiously bored waiting for the next GT4. On one hand I am interested to hear what the specs will be. On the other hand Porsche drove me away from the 981 chassis when they dropped a glorified lawn mower engine into their mid engine lineup and tried to charge me 90K for it. .

It would take a whole lot to swing me back. My 991.2 has been treating me too well.

Too many years of them intentionally handicapping the mid engine cars.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?