Sponsored by: APR

GT4 CCB questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:55 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Would be more brilliant if they were not so over-assisted, though most eventually get used to it.
That's just a muscle memory thing, like a CGT clutch.

First app is always a bit edgy, and even a bit embarrassing if you've got a passenger. Doesn't bug me after the first time, though, and that goes for heel-toe work with PCCB too.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
That's just a muscle memory thing, like a CGT clutch.

First app is always a bit edgy, and even a bit embarrassing if you've got a passenger. Doesn't bug me after the first time, though, and that goes for heel-toe work with PCCB too.
That part I can get used to assuming pedal placement is good, though the higher pedal can significantly change the heel-toe rock on some cars.

The threshold modulation bit is the part I have more trouble with, especially right on the line like at the autocross. Back to back I find it significantly easier to stay just outside of the ABS with steels because of easier modulation due to the higher pressure. It's still 1/4 of the pedal effort many race cars run to improve threshold modulation, but it helps.

Of course I do debate this with Steve- he feels the PCCBs are more consistent from the beginning to end of a run, and he prefers their initial bite, which I can see. Raise the pedal effort ~30% and you'd have the best of both worlds. IMHO of course...
Old 05-12-2017, 01:14 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
That part I can get used to assuming pedal placement is good, though the higher pedal can significantly change the heel-toe rock on some cars.

The threshold modulation bit is the part I have more trouble with, especially right on the line like at the autocross. Back to back I find it significantly easier to stay just outside of the ABS with steels because of easier modulation due to the higher pressure. It's still 1/4 of the pedal effort many race cars run to improve threshold modulation, but it helps.

Of course I do debate this with Steve- he feels the PCCBs are more consistent from the beginning to end of a run, and he prefers their initial bite, which I can see. Raise the pedal effort ~30% and you'd have the best of both worlds. IMHO of course...
Haha...don't you drive an old floor-hinged monster like me? If so, you have to have a triple-jointed right ankle.

Good point on PCCB in a pure competition setting—and the unique crucible that is autocross. Interesting to think about for sure. I have wondered about what PCCB might feel like with a different or modified MC.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Haha...don't you drive an old floor-hinged monster like me? If so, you have to have a triple-jointed right ankle. .
I wish... I think it's exacerbated because I'm a tight fit especially with buckets, so I can't swing my legs off-axis like I do in older cars.

On the master cylinder topic I've wondered about that improvement myself. I've even looked through the PET for part numbers but was unable to find a solution, meaning it'd be more involved. If PCCB replacement disks were closer in price to Vette parts I feel sure someone would have done it already, possibly me. As it is I'm ordering iron again on my GT3 ;-)

Quick Reply: GT4 CCB questions