Race Tech Forged - pulled trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:13 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExMB
"RTF/RTM seems to be forgetting that the GT4 came with a special booklet detailing driving on circuit, track, the updated maintenance requirements to maintain warranty."

There are many other cars that come with this same literature BTW
Old 12-21-2016, 11:14 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

double post.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:07 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by MK_TT
There are many other cars that come with this same literature BTW
Agreed. But this is the GT4 forum where RTF/RTM posted his understanding of the warranty in and not the other cars forum.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
I appreciate your continuing to engage with the community on these issues. It would be way worse for all of us if you stayed quiet and we weren't able to see for ourselves RTF's questionable morals, ethics, and business practices. Just keep digging buddy.

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
According to Porsche the word " Track " is clearly stated in the warranty as well and will not be covered.

Doesn't matter if you're driving 180mph or driving 1mph on a track your Porsche warranty is NOT covered just like the Porsche manual states.

Bottom line is that we'll stand behind our product.

Thats all nothing more to be said about this topic.
racing is not tracking
and i tracked the living daylight out of all my porsches since 2004. i have never ONCE been denied warranty. hell dump my car with tire marking, 6 point harness all there, with usually way more than -3 camber. i am sure they know i track the damn thing.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:54 AM
Ahilaly
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have pages and pages of messages between Raz (manager of RTF) and Carl (Owner of RTF) showing their complete incompetence and inability to run a company. I received my wheels two weeks after the promised deadline at which point I discovered the front wheels did not clear the brakes (Iron Brakes). They quickly machined a second set of front wheels for me which also did not clear the stock (Iron Brakes). Raz then delivered a third set of front wheels which did clear hoke wever he had to change the spoke angle which in return changed the look of the wheels slightly.

Before alliowing them the opportunity to make a second wheel I asked for a refund which they politely declined to do asking for a chance to make it right. After the second set of wheels failing to clear brakes I demanded a refund at which point Carl the owner called me and explained that the company is broke and they had spent my money and cannot afford to refund me. He claimed to have been very well connected in the industry and dropped some big names. He asked for a third shot with the wheels claiming that they used the wrong forgings and have now purchased forgings from the same supplier as HRE and that they were guaranteed to fit. I reluctantly allowed them to make me a third set of front wheels which actually fit but look slightly different.

I have pages of messages and weights/measurements of all the variations of wheels sent to me along with photos. I contacted RTF again after reading this thread two days ago and asked for a refund again with no luck. Please let me know how I can be of assistance in resolving this issue as these people should not be doing business in the Motorsport industry let alone business at all.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch... RTF, may want to cut losses, cancel rent, return leased equipment, etc and go on a hiatus to work for someone that builds quality wheels as a hard lesson learned. If this is their first gig in the motoring world, jumping right into the Porsche community where people have high expectations and some deep pockets/connections isn't a very smart idea.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Time for a steel cage match
Old 12-22-2016, 02:23 PM
gulf911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Time for a steel cage match
Cast or Forged?
Old 12-22-2016, 03:40 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by gulf911
Cast or Forged?
We'll say it is forged but actually have it cast and shipped from China
Old 12-22-2016, 06:03 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahilaly
I have pages and pages of messages between Raz (manager of RTF) and Carl (Owner of RTF) showing their complete incompetence and inability to run a company. I received my wheels two weeks after the promised deadline at which point I discovered the front wheels did not clear the brakes (Iron Brakes). They quickly machined a second set of front wheels for me which also did not clear the stock (Iron Brakes). Raz then delivered a third set of front wheels which did clear hoke wever he had to change the spoke angle which in return changed the look of the wheels slightly.

Before alliowing them the opportunity to make a second wheel I asked for a refund which they politely declined to do asking for a chance to make it right. After the second set of wheels failing to clear brakes I demanded a refund at which point Carl the owner called me and explained that the company is broke and they had spent my money and cannot afford to refund me. He claimed to have been very well connected in the industry and dropped some big names. He asked for a third shot with the wheels claiming that they used the wrong forgings and have now purchased forgings from the same supplier as HRE and that they were guaranteed to fit. I reluctantly allowed them to make me a third set of front wheels which actually fit but look slightly different.

I have pages of messages and weights/measurements of all the variations of wheels sent to me along with photos. I contacted RTF again after reading this thread two days ago and asked for a refund again with no luck. Please let me know how I can be of assistance in resolving this issue as these people should not be doing business in the Motorsport industry let alone business at all.
WELL CONNECTED.
i am really well connected with PAG/PCNA and many many very large banks. hell i even worked closely with our fed reserve chair....

connected as thjat may be. fed reserve didnt send me money and porsche didnt send my 911R.

so connected is well..... not all that useful
Old 12-22-2016, 09:17 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
WELL CONNECTED.
i am really well connected with PAG/PCNA and many many very large banks. hell i even worked closely with our fed reserve chair....

connected as thjat may be. fed reserve didnt send me money and porsche didnt send my 911R.

so connected is well..... not all that useful
Lol...
Old 12-24-2016, 12:27 AM
jslee225
Racer

After reading this I wouldnt put these on my car even if they were free.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:19 AM
GT4Tony
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jslee225
After reading this I wouldnt put these on my car even if they were free.
+1. Nor if I were paid to do so.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged - pulled trigger.