Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Serious Advice Needed - DEALER SCRAPE MY GT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:30 AM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

I would go physically see the car. I would also take photos and share them with someone familiar with bodywork and paint. You could always post pictures here and have us weigh in on the damage.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

As long as it is a bumper all is good. especially if they are getting a new bumper vs repainting. this happens all the time at the port (and u are never told). the bumper always has a different texture than the rest of the car. it sucks but don't lose sleep over it.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:54 PM
hadokenny
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

It's just a bumper. They offered to get u a new one and they are honest about it. There are more important things in life to stress over...

With that said I would still demand them to clear-bra the whole car to make things right.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good advice here. I would go the 'cool cucumber' route and get over it rather than risk losing the car. It's just the bumper and you should be able to get a clean carfax and I'm sure that many of us don't even have a clue about how our cars were roughed around or repaired before leaving port...

I personally wouldn't ask for a discount or anything for free, instead I'd ask to be placed high on the list for the next GT3/ RS/.2GT4 even though that could be a long time from now. Your SA likely has to deal with a lot of regular ***hole customers and playing it cool could land you in a sweet spot with that dealership for years to come. ...not garanteed but kharma will be on your side and you WILL get over it.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:33 PM
matttheboatman
Three Wheelin'

Received 614 Likes on 236 Posts

If you only knew what goes on behind the scenes... sorry to hear about this and the fact that you know may now bother you. But, Porsche has a body shop at the port where they "touch up" a lot of things and no one is the wiser. Honesty is always the best policy, but it would have been better to not have known.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:58 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
If you only knew what goes on behind the scenes... sorry to hear about this and the fact that you know may now bother you. But, Porsche has a body shop at the port where they "touch up" a lot of things and no one is the wiser. Honesty is always the best policy, but it would have been better to not have known.
Yes, cars get packed tight enroute and unintended mishaps do happen
Old 06-07-2016, 09:22 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
Good advice here. I would go the 'cool cucumber' route and get over it rather than risk losing the car. It's just the bumper and you should be able to get a clean carfax and I'm sure that many of us don't even have a clue about how our cars were roughed around or repaired before leaving port... I personally wouldn't ask for a discount or anything for free, instead I'd ask to be placed high on the list for the next GT3/ RS/.2GT4 even though that could be a long time from now. Your SA likely has to deal with a lot of regular ***hole customers and playing it cool could land you in a sweet spot with that dealership for years to come. ...not garanteed but kharma will be on your side and you WILL get over it.

Despite my earlier comments, this is sage advice. Hope it works out for the best!

Quick Reply: Serious Advice Needed - DEALER SCRAPE MY GT4