Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Seat belt warning sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016 | 10:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Default Seat belt warning sound

I do not believe mine functions. A couple of times I have driven off and forgot I to fasten seat belt and no light or alarm sounding was triggered.

Any one noticing the same?
Old 05-23-2016 | 10:56 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Mine definitely works. It's an alert that shows in the MID and as a light in the instrument cluster, and there's definitely a chime.
Old 05-23-2016 | 10:57 PM
Phil T
Rennlist Member

It doesn't come on immediately.....drive about 100 yards or so and it should alert you........Phil
Old 05-23-2016 | 11:27 PM
rnlGT4
Intermediate

Had my seat belt chime disabled on delivery! Maybe they disabled yours to Jimmy?!😎
Old 05-24-2016 | 10:09 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Found out the issue. The warning sound was set to "low" and in this car every thing loud so was hearing nada.

I set it to high now.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2016 | 10:22 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Found out the issue. The warning sound was set to "low" and in this car every thing loud so was hearing nada.

I set it to high now.

Thanks
Where can you customize the volume of warning sounds? I thought I'd rummaged through every settings page this car had on the MID and PCM when I got it, but apparently not.
Old 05-24-2016 | 10:38 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

You just go to "Display" and then to "Settings" and there is a choice for sounds, if I recall. Very simple.- Gives you 3 choices. Did it while I was driving last night - do it while you are parked though
Old 05-24-2016 | 10:41 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
You just go to "Display" and then to "Settings" and there is a choice for sounds, if I recall. Very simple.- Gives you 3 choices. Did it while I was driving last night - do it while you are parked though
Oh ok, so it's not specific to warning chimes. I remember that setting; I guess I'll experiment with it. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2016 | 11:04 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Yes - it is for the Warning Chimes
Old 05-24-2016 | 02:19 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rnlGT4
Had my seat belt chime disabled on delivery! Maybe they disabled yours to Jimmy?!😎
I'm surprised a dealer would disable this! You'd think liability is an issue.

I got an email from Porsche the other day with a "Good to Know' app. I downloaded it and haven't spent a lot of time....but I nosed around the Cayman section and found instructions to several controls.

The volume control (discussed above) was one of them. It does not separate GT4 from other 981, so there are plenty of instructions for things our cars do not have (like automatically folding in side mirrors, or having passenger mirror angle down automatically when reversing).

It was a bit irritating to read of some things that would only require software (since the motor is already present). But it did contain helpful hints all in one place which is convenient.
Old 05-24-2016 | 07:24 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I'm surprised a dealer would disable this! You'd think liability is an issue.
Actually, in the US it is illegal for a dealer (or any indie shop) to disable any government mandated safety device, including seatbelt warnings and interlocks.
Old 05-25-2016 | 09:15 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STLPCA
Actually, in the US it is illegal for a dealer (or any indie shop) to disable any government mandated safety device, including seatbelt warnings and interlocks.
I'm not sure, but I think it's also illegal for dealers to remove or modify any OEM emissions equipment. If it is illegal, that hasn't stopped emissions "tampering" by dealers from happening.
Old 05-25-2016 | 10:01 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by okie981
I'm not sure, but I think it's also illegal for dealers to remove or modify any OEM emissions equipment. If it is illegal, that hasn't stopped emissions "tampering" by dealers from happening.
It's illegal for anyone to modify or remove emissions equipment on a car that will be used on public roads, and the penalty to the shop doing such work is huge, something like $30K per car, so it surprises me to hear that dealers would do this -- especially post-Dieselgate. Maybe they just cover themselves by making the owner sign something saying the car will only be used off-road after they install that catless exhaust?

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning sound