Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Say Hello to my Little Friend

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 01:31 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,458 Likes on 761 Posts

^ My 991.2 GT3 will be yellow. I love red and always wanted to experience one in yellow
Old 05-13-2016, 03:13 AM
NZRED
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! It is a beauty. Welcome to the CR group. ( one of the few cars out there that every color seems to look great on ). Not sure what the crystalline option is you list as going on after the 3m is it a window tint? I am just researching that now.

I have 3 older brothers to thank for giving me the car bug, and we have passed the love on to 2 daughters. ��
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by NZRED
Congrats!! It is a beauty. Welcome to the CR group. ( one of the few cars out there that every color seems to look great on ). Not sure what the crystalline option is you list as going on after the 3m is it a window tint? I am just researching that now.

I have 3 older brothers to thank for giving me the car bug, and we have passed the love on to 2 daughters. ��
Yes it is a window tint made by 3M. A popular choice - not cheap. Figure ~$300 more than regular tint
Old 05-13-2016, 03:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Okay - I spent some time with my little friend this morning - and not the friend you are thinking

CAR IS A PEACH. I THINK MAYBE EVEN A CHERRY

Any hoot. I am coming from a 991 GT3. Which I thought was one awesome car if not one of the best and if you go over to the GT3 forum they will tell you the same . I just wanted a Manual back in my life and boy does this car not disappoint. It is like riding a bicycle- manual felt natural to me after the first mile. Just a great transmission. Equal to the PDK in the GT3, if that is your preference, for transmission. You know - all those that said they are now converted and will never go back to a Manual - GFLWT - Sure, on the track I certainly see how it would be the transmission of choice for lap times and ease and I get it that you can go to Starbucks and grab your java and hop in the car and drive while reading the newspaper at the same time. BUT - you are missing out BIG TIME. Never will I go back go paddles until I have to walk the plank.

Okay - some have said it in not a real "GT" car. What are you sniffing(if white please share). This car is Porsche "GT" all the way thru and down to the rubber that sits on the pavement. Just a freakin PEACH( or CHERRY) - I know - enough.

Now - I will say this before heading to the Dealer to hard wire my Max 360 and enjoy this beautiful day in Chicago - After my hour drive I ordered a sport exhaust and will replace the OEM combined with my Sport Header in Cats when they get hear. I think for some they will be happy with the exhaust. I need more. It needs to be more obnoxious like my GT3 with the SW exhaust. Now, this is the only complaint I can make and it is not a complaint. -Just a preference for more volume which I have remedied.

I will leave all those on the fence or not willing to pay $10,000 over. Do it before it is too late. Car is worth it and it is an experience that every one must enjoy once in their life. Car just drives like know other. What a complete package Porsche delivered.- Love it

More to come on my comparison to my GT3

Just to add - My wife just texted me to come home and and she will be waiting in the bedroom. I told her I am going driving - I will be on the couch tonight . At least i know this car can get you laid
Old 05-13-2016, 03:36 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

You should go scarface on the exhaust and take an ice pick to it. It'll be loud in the interim before the aftermarket exhaust gets here
Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^It is time to update my Avatar.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:43 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Okay - I spent some time with my little friend this morning - and not the friend you are thinking CAR IS A PEACH. I THINK MAYBE EVEN A CHERRY Any hoot. I am coming from a 991 GT3. Which I thought was one awesome car if not one of the best and if you go over to the GT3 forum they will tell you the same . I just wanted a Manual back in my life and boy does this car not disappoint. It is like riding a bicycle- manual felt natural to me after the first mile. Just a great transmission. Equal to the PDK in the GT3, if that is your preference, for transmission. You know - all those that said they are now converted and will never go back to a Manual - GFLWT - Sure, on the track I certainly see how it would be the transmission of choice for lap times and ease and I get it that you can go to Starbucks and grab your java and hop in the car and drive while reading the newspaper at the same time. BUT - you are missing out BIG TIME. Never will I go back go paddles until I have to walk the plank. Okay - some have said it in not a real "GT" car. What are you sniffing(if white please share). This car is Porsche "GT" all the way thru and down to the rubber that sits on the pavement. Just a freakin PEACH( or CHERRY) - I know - enough. Now - I will say this before heading to the Dealer to hard wire my Max 360 and enjoy this beautiful day in Chicago - After my hour drive I ordered a sport exhaust and will replace the OEM combined with my Sport Header in Cats when they get hear. I think for some they will be happy with the exhaust. I need more. It needs to be more obnoxious like my GT3 with the SW exhaust. Now, this is the only complaint I can make and it is not a complaint. -Just a preference for more volume which I have remedied. I will leave all those on the fence or not willing to pay $10,000 over. Do it before it is too late. Car is worth it and it is an experience that every one must enjoy once in their life. Car just drives like know other. What a complete package Porsche delivered.- Love it More to come on my comparison to my GT3 Just to add - My wife just texted me to come home and and she will be waiting in the bedroom. I told her I am going driving - I will be on the couch tonight . At least i know this car can get you laid
Glad to hear it Jimmy! And LOL on the wife comment!
Now we need pics!

And how did you solve the headlight nipples issue?
Old 05-13-2016, 03:47 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Well, I am back in Chicago now and at 6:30 am my CR GT4 will be delivered to my house. Trucker is arriving around 11:00 tonight and is staying close by for AM delivery. I am very excited and forget about getting much work accomplished tomorrow. I got robbed with my 991 GT3 delivery because it sat at the port for 5 months, awaiting an engine replacement, and when it did show up at Dealer and I picked it up - I was not excited but more very cautious and some what stand off-ish Tomorrow is my official Porsche day- I brought this home to my 6.5 year old to review and he has not put it down( Dealer saved it for me). He is so excited that it makes be happy.
Congrats Jimmy, what company you end up using to deliver your car? Might have to go this route. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:51 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

Lol. Glad you love it Jimmy!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:55 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

lol...good review

Agree that the car could stand to be a little louder
Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Thanks Guys,

They had the Factory send the CR nipples and all were installed before delivery. They also gave me he OEM black ones if I wanted to switch back later.

I used "Angels Moving Autos:. They are a Rennlist Sponsor and the Owner expressed 5 months a go on the GT3 forum that she would hoped more would use them, so I did. She was very attetitive and constant email updates while in transport- nice touch
Old 05-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Jaycycles10
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear your car made to Chicago safe and sound and you are already enjoying the hell out of it. Absolutely love the black satin wheels with yellow calipers set against the Carmine Red. Can't wait to see it in flesh.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:19 AM
NZRED
Intermediate

Thx for the info on the window tint. ��
Old 05-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Going to eat a little crow and I should not jump to judgement w/o more seat time but the exhaust is pretty good. I think for most they will not need more. I just like to dial it up from a 7 to a 10. Man - in a couple hours I am going to take her out for a nice run - Oh , did I mention how freakin cool CR is. At night it changes in to this darker hue which gives it a different characteristic- More sinister looking
Old 05-14-2016, 07:41 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Sweet! Great review Jimmy! super jealous..

Jeff

Quick Reply: Say Hello to my Little Friend