Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Looking good Jimmy.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:34 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

LWBs - Boy- when you plop in to these you feel like your ready for battle. Really cool looking, as well, but will have to get used to the upright driving position. You can not just recline the top section and relax.
definitely would not be agreeable to the way I drive

Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 PM
mcdavis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the car with heated seats (P11 was not available and it hurts my back) and I never got them...the dealer didn't even bother to try to correct it (it is not my local dealer). I also didn't get a GT4 manual - I got a base Cayman manual...and am still waiting to receive a "real" manual.

Just be happy you got the car!

-mark
Old 05-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,393 Likes on 724 Posts

FWI - My Dealer enabled the G Force and Rev meter will no problems

Well - lets say that I told their Tech Dept that if they could enable I would buy lunch. They made it happen and I had over $200 worth of pizza and goodies delivered to the Dealership. They were pumped and they all thanked me and could not do enough asking me for what ever I would like done.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I would like to add that although it is premature because I need some quality time in her - but my initial gut is that I will need to put on a valveless sport exhaust to extract the sound/volume that I want. It is certainly a little tame but new exhausts do get a little better with some seat/break in time .
Old 05-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Some updated photos after being cleaned by Dealer

Old 05-11-2016, 12:27 AM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Man that looks awesome! Love the yellow calipers under the black wheels- great contrast!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Well,

I am back in Chicago now and at 6:30 am my CR GT4 will be delivered to my house. Trucker is arriving around 11:00 tonight and is staying close by for AM delivery. I am very excited and forget about getting much work accomplished tomorrow. I got robbed with my 991 GT3 delivery because it sat at the port for 5 months, awaiting an engine replacement, and when it did show up at Dealer and I picked it up - I was not excited but more very cautious and some what stand off-ish

Tomorrow is my official Porsche day- I brought this home to my 6.5 year old to review and he has not put it down( Dealer saved it for me). He is so excited that it makes be happy.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

those calipers look so good with carmine I may have to paint mine yellow
Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,230 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Well,

I am back in Chicago now and at 6:30 am my CR GT4 will be delivered to my house. Trucker is arriving around 11:00 tonight and is staying close by for AM delivery. I am very excited and forget about getting much work accomplished tomorrow. I got robbed with my 991 GT3 delivery because it sat at the port for 5 months, awaiting an engine replacement, and when it did show up at Dealer and I picked it up - I was not excited but more very cautious and some what stand off-ish

Tomorrow is my official Porsche day- I brought this home to my 6.5 year old to review and he has not put it down( Dealer saved it for me). He is so excited that it makes be happy.

Awesome! That's been one of the best and most surprising things about owning this car -- sharing the fun with my girl. She loves the car more than I thought she would - she loves it so much I got her own. Whenever I'm out in the garage cleaning the car, she'll grab her microfiber towel and Windex and clean her little car. It's ridiculously cute.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:20 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Awesome! That's been one of the best and most surprising things about owning this car -- sharing the fun with my girl. She loves the car more than I thought she would - she loves it so much I got her own. Whenever I'm out in the garage cleaning the car, she'll grab her microfiber towel and Windex and clean her little car. It's ridiculously cute.
I love that you are involving your daughter! Bravo!

My love of cars was instilled in me by my Dad. Neither of my sisters caught the "bug" - but I've loved cars since I can remember. Dad had several cool, fun cars and it was something we had in common. When I was in college he had a '72 red Alpha spider. He let me take it to college! I ended up returning it after a semester - I didn't really have time to enjoy it and I was paranoid that something would happen to it (door ding in the awful parking lot). But it was awesome that Dad trusted me with his "fun" car (which of course was a stick).

I know plenty of Dads who only invite their sons to be involved, and they assume girls won't "get it". Of course some won't but it's great that your daughter wants to share this with you (and you with her).

Luv the father/daughter photo!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
That's so adorable! At least get her waterless car wash
Old 05-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

My love of cars was instilled in me by my Dad. Neither of my sisters caught the "bug" - but I've loved cars since I can remember. Dad had several cool, fun cars and it was something we had in common. When I was in college he had a '72 red Alpha spider. He let me take it to college! I ended up returning it after a semester - I didn't really have time to enjoy it and I was paranoid that something would happen to it (door ding in the awful parking lot). But it was awesome that Dad trusted me with his "fun" car (which of course was a stick).

I know plenty of Dads who only invite their sons to be involved, and they assume girls won't "get it". Of course some won't but it's great that your daughter wants to share this with you (and you with her).

That is a great story and advice(hidden). I only have one child and if he would of been a her - I still would of done all the Guy things with her.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:55 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,230 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

Thanks! I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to share the love with their kids - boy or girl. But everyone is different, so I don't judge.

As it is, my daughter has already picked out a 911 cabrio in Sapphire Blue, so I might be asking for trouble, haha.

Originally Posted by user1029
That's so adorable! At least get her waterless car wash
lol...poor thing with her windex. She's looks like she's squeegeeing cars at a stop light.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:26 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Lots of love for CR!

Quick Reply: Say Hello to my Little Friend