Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

LWB Question. Doesn't slide forward enough? Adjustable rails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:30 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
OK, to wrap this thread up I sat in another GT4 with bucket seats this weekend to test the amount of forward travel. It was IDENTICAL to my car and another GT4 with buckets that I sat in previously.

So, in conclusion, the forward seat travel with bucket seats is consistent across GT4's after being in three of them.

The LWBS in the 981 Boxster Spyder are able to slide much further up (closer) to the steering wheel (3-inches at least). I'm not sure if this is due to the location of the rear bulkhead in the Spyder or if they use different floor mount points to attach the seats.
Blah, thanks again for the help.
I went in to check on the status of my GT4 (v250 now) and spotted a GR/Carmine GT4, but unfortunately it was a customer's car so I couldn't check for myself
I told her about my issue and she said I should be fine because she's 5'4 (like me) and she was fine. I told her I don't want to take delivery of a car and not be able to drive it home. She told me it'll be fine so w/e- As long as they take care of the issue if it arises.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
OK, to wrap this thread up I sat in another GT4 with bucket seats this weekend to test the amount of forward travel. It was IDENTICAL to my car and another GT4 with buckets that I sat in previously.

So, in conclusion, the forward seat travel with bucket seats is consistent across GT4's after being in three of them.

The LWBS in the 981 Boxster Spyder are able to slide much further up (closer) to the steering wheel (3-inches at least). I'm not sure if this is due to the location of the rear bulkhead in the Spyder or if they use different floor mount points to attach the seats.
Would be interesting for someone with a spider to see if the rail is in a different position or is custom to the spider vs the GT4. If you look at how close the thigh bolster is to the front lower dash when the seat is fully up. 3 more inches of travel would make it impossible to get out of the seat without moving it back. I can barely get out without moving the seat back.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:36 PM
MrNurse
Pro

This is definitely a long shot, but do you think there's any way to contact Porsche and have them build my GT4 with the Boxster Spyder rails?
Old 01-19-2016, 06:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
This is definitely a long shot, but do you think there's any way to contact Porsche and have them build my GT4 with the Boxster Spyder rails?
the longest shot in the world probably. easier to just purchase after the fact.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:52 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

What kind of question is this.. seriously.. some of these are just silly.

Honestly, what do you thinK?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:19 PM
MrNurse
Pro

It's ridiculous that they would build a car where you would have to be over 5'5 to use LWBs. Why would they make the GT4 be different than all their other cars?

I just found the PCNA contact info so I sent them an email in hopes to get a response. I figured it doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited by MrNurse; 01-19-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,327 Likes on 807 Posts
Talking

Why do I get this mental picture of a short-legged torso?

Old 01-19-2016, 08:32 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's ridiculous that they would build a car where you would have to be over 5'5 to use LWBs. Why would they make the GT4 be different than all their other cars?

I just found the PCNA contact info so I sent them an email in hopes to get a response. I figured it doesn't hurt to try.
All the luck in the world, but I already tried to get them to build a GT4 with the Spyder's rear camera and the GT3's HD Radio only option (to avoid the SiriusXM roof wart) and they said no, and those are just regular option codes for items, not a customized implementation of an existing option such as you're requesting, so don't hold out hope.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:47 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Mrnurse,

Here you go:
http://www.discovermymobility.com/st...ers/index.html

Time to close this thread.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:03 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by jphughan
All the luck in the world, but I already tried to get them to build a GT4 with the Spyder's rear camera and the GT3's HD Radio only option (to avoid the SiriusXM roof wart) and they said no, and those are just regular option codes for items, not a customized implementation of an existing option such as you're requesting, so don't hold out hope.
Oh you also emailed PCNA and they responded? I don't expect a solution from them either. I'll prob end up having the rails modified if they stock ones don't work.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Oh you also emailed PCNA and they responded? I don't expect a solution from them either. I'll prob end up having the rails modified if they stock ones don't work.
No, I asked my SA to talk to Porsche AG, which she did. They said no.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:11 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

lord have Mursey.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,229 Likes on 2,727 Posts

If you are v250 then forget it. It's done.

Wear thick soled shoes. If that doesn't help, change the rails or put some plates to relocate the anchors.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:05 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I cannot for the life of me understand why someone 5'4" cannot reach the pedals. It doesn't add up. My wife is 5'2" and has never had any problems reaching the pedals on any of my cars
Old 01-19-2016, 10:13 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by rk-d
If you are v250 then forget it. It's done.
This. I missed that tidbit. MrNurse, your build is now your build.

Quick Reply: LWB Question. Doesn't slide forward enough? Adjustable rails?