Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR
View Poll Results: Trade or Sell 2010 997.2 Turbo with 6sp/ssk for GT4?
Hell Yes!
71.43%
Hell No!
14.29%
Upgrade the turbo's exhaust instead and save $100K
14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Order placed...mistake made?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 04:43 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoltz
How do you use the 997TT? Is it a daily driver? Weekend car? Do you put a lot of miles on it? Do you take it places or do you take it out, go for a cruise and bring it back to the house?

With the GT4, you'll be giving up a considerable amount of power and torque, the roomier cabin of the 911 and the lower belt line of the 9x7, in exchange you'll get better sound, better dynamics, a purer driving experience I think. Does that mesh with your usage?

I think how people use their cars has a big affect on satisfaction.
agree whole heartedly that how one wants to use a car affects satisfaction
I would add that the GT4 has ample, usable cargo capacity - to me more practical and accessible than 911. Great for trips. Great for a couple plus gear for a week.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:14 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I appreciate the replies...

Around town, where I primarily drive the TT, it's not as quick as you might think. People who say otherwise are misleading you. Certainly, when you put your foot down, IF YOU HAVE SOME OPEN ROAD, it will put your gut in your throat after about a half-second delay. That being said, hope there are no kids on the streets or cops around when you do this, or you'll be in jail.

Needless to say, I usually accelerate like this only on open highway ramps and the rare, open street. It's fun to show off for the person who's never ridden in a pcar, but it's really a track-only feature, as it should be. Honestly, my 381hp '06 C4S felt fast as hell too, but with the added benefit of a kickass exhaust.

The GT4 will see the track, but it will primarily be driven as a DD about 3 days/week. It's 500 pounds lighter than the the TT and that alone should feel great. The GT4 performs by the numbers almost identically to the new Shelby GT350R, but nobody seems to realize that.

The biggest issue might have more to do with history. Is the Cayman a true Porsche? I think it is, even if it's not a 911. If I decide I NEED to get back a 911, I'll hopefully be able to do so down the road.

If you know anyone who might want a 2010 turbo, please let 'em know. I've got a good 6 months to decide.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 668 Posts

I will never quite grasp why there is a question as to whether the Cayman is a "true" Porsche.

The Cayman R was my first. To me - it is as much "Porsche" as any other model.

I have a STRONG preference for mid-engine as a track car. To each their own. I would never disparage anyone who prefers a 911 and rear engine. For me - the mid-engine balance can't be beat.

Good luck in your decision.

Quick Reply: Order placed...mistake made?