Sponsored by: APR

Heigo half cage

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:00 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Then are the harnesses contacting the belt holes on the seat? Belt should pass freely without touching anything. It appears that for that bar to be at shoulder height, the belt would then contact the seat at the height the seat is set at there.

But you would know better if that is the case. It just looks like that to me in the picture.
When I sit in the seat the top of my shoulders are just slightly above the bar separating the 2 feedthru holes in the seat. Therefore when I wear the belts they are not riding on that bar. The belts are 3" wide and therefore slightly touch the sides of those upper holes.

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
how much of the cross bars block your rear view? can we get a shot of the rear-view mirror reflection? thanks
Not the best. Tried to keep the camera out of the mirror. HTH
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2015, 11:11 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 131 Posts

^ I see what you are saying. That means that the bar is indeed above your shoulder unfortunately. You can see that in the last pic of your original post.

Everyone will have to make their own judgment call as to whether that matters but Schroth doesn't recommend it.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:22 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,875 Likes on 2,404 Posts

looks nice.
and you all noticed GMG also has an offering.
i saw the one cantrell made, also beautiful. so now we have many choices
Old 11-17-2015, 12:39 AM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
When I sit in the seat the top of my shoulders are just slightly above the bar separating the 2 feedthru holes in the seat. Therefore when I wear the belts they are not riding on that bar. The belts are 3" wide and therefore slightly touch the sides of those upper holes.

Not the best. Tried to keep the camera out of the mirror. HTH
Thanks for the picture. Seems like the bars block a lot of the rear view. Doesnt matter to much for a full track car, but for a street-track car, it may be somewhat annoying to have that much of the view blocked. Maybe BGB is a better option.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:49 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
Thanks for the picture. Seems like the bars block a lot of the rear view. Doesnt matter to much for a full track car, but for a street-track car, it may be somewhat annoying to have that much of the view blocked. Maybe BGB is a better option.
Really looks worse than it is IMHO. With this version you have the option of taking out the crossmembers if you choose.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Let me rephrase then. The shoulder mount points are way to high for ME. lol
You could simply raise the height of your seat with the button on the side of seat. Fully raised the LWBS will almost touch the top of the roof.

Quick Reply: Heigo half cage