Does Durametric support GT4??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 09:23 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4carl
Will it read codes and over-revs? thanks carl
It definitely read codes from mine. I also checked the over-rev page, which did come up, but mine were all 0 at the time, and not knowing the relationship between the various stages and actual rev ranges, I don't know if mine were all 0 because that's accurate or because it didn't talk to the ECU properly.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
let's clarify for the too. i have a pro.
the features can be grouped into 'read' 'code' 'service indicators' and 'operate/test'
for the gt4, which i've tried it on:

you can read the codes of many modules and reset error codes
you can get information in most modules
you can read the over-revs
you can do some operate/test operations in some modules (called activations/commands)
you cannot CODE
you can reset service indicators
you can get some info for logging (actual values)

This is different than the 997 and 987 models where you can code stuff. lots of stuff. and read and get to more modules.

Good tool, won't do as much as a PIWIS, probably does most of what PIWIS does EXCEPT coding.
Durametric doesn't support coding on ANY 981 cars even on the Pro cable, and it seems newer model years don't even allow dealers using PIWIS to do very much. Programming window close with the fob used to be possible but it seems around MY2014 it started to be grayed out even to dealers. I'm sure we have the American legal culture to thank for that.

Quick Reply: Does Durametric support GT4??