Guards Red - Freshly Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by marlie
Wow awesome photos man, are you happy that you chose GR? I have gone for GR too
I am super happy with my choice. I will admit I am a little paranoid of police giving me a ticket for just looking fast but it just looks so good! This is my first Porsche and first red car. I liked red best on the GT4 and my family convinced me to not be a wimp and go for it. My wife says that although there are some other red cars on the road, this car is RED! It is like it glows in the sun. She has followed a few times in her car and describes it as if this car paints others cars shades of grey as it passes by...
Old 09-15-2015, 12:43 PM
marlie
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome, will admit I was worried that GR looked a bit orange but have still ended up going for it and your photos are helping. I can't wait to get the car, it's been a long long wait.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love it Sonorous.

Off topic question but I'm wondering where you're located in NY. When my inlaws finally had enough of the City they moved to Monroe for about 15 years. Your latest pictures make it look like you're right in their old back yard (they have since retired and moved down to Richmond, VA to be near my brother in law and his family).

Keep the pic's coming... they're keeping this future GR GT4 owner salivating!

Last edited by Da Hapa; 09-15-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:13 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Love in Sonorous.

Off topic question but I'm wondering where you're located in NY. When my inlaws finally had enough of the City they moved to Monroe for about 15 years. Your latest pictures make it look like you're right in their old back yard (they have since retired and moved down to Richmond, VA to be near my brother in law and his family).

Keep the pic's coming... they're keeping this future GR GT4 owner salivating!
Thanks and good eye, the location of these photos could easily be considered the backyard of Monroe. Probably only 15 miles away or so... I live in the opposite direction on the other side of the Hudson River. There are a lot of great driving roads in this whole area!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:14 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Thanks and good eye, the location of these photos could easily be considered the backyard of Monroe. Probably only 15 miles away or so... I live in the opposite direction on the other side of the Hudson River. There are a lot of great driving roads in this whole area!
Agreed. Some of the roads in this area are amazing.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:38 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 160 Posts

^Sick pic sonorous
Old 09-15-2015, 08:33 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

More great photos sonorous!

I am super happy with my choice. I will admit I am a little paranoid of police giving me a ticket for just looking fast but it just looks so good! This is my first Porsche and first red car. I liked red best on the GT4 and my family convinced me to not be a wimp and go for it. My wife says that although there are some other red cars on the road, this car is RED! It is like it glows in the sun.
This is exactly how I feel...but I wimped out. I keep saying if my GT4 weren't my one and only car, if it were a secondary car, I would grow some ***** and go with Guards. Its such a classic Porsche color, but its super aggressive and vibrant at the same time.

She has followed a few times in her car and describes it as if this car paints others cars shades of grey as it passes by...
Oh man...that's powerful.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Brideyo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tks for pics really loved seeing them. Have the same car colour coming too with black struts. Seeing those are making me really look forward to getting the car now . Did you get buckets and red stitching ??
Old 09-16-2015, 09:40 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Love it! Glad to see you're enjoying it. I'm very familiar with some of these roads.

Hopefully next spring I'll be able to plan a group trip down the Tail of the Dragon area. Now those are some roads!

Are you almost done with your break in miles?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:11 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I am happy the photos are helping, especially for the waiters!

Originally Posted by Brideyo
Tks for pics really loved seeing them. Have the same car colour coming too with black struts. Seeing those are making me really look forward to getting the car now . Did you get buckets and red stitching ??
This car was a "bucket shortage" allocation so I have 2-Ways but with the red stitching and belts. In the end I am just happy I got to jump up in position and actually secure this great car. Since I could not get LWB, I did option heated seats. I also went for the highly debated "2-Zone" auto climate control. This past weekend my choices were validated. I was able to enjoy a long drive with a happy wife in the passenger seats with windows down in 60 degree autumn like weather. Her zone had the heat cranked up and with heated seats blazing and we both has big smiles on our faces!

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Love it! Glad to see you're enjoying it. I'm very familiar with some of these roads.

Hopefully next spring I'll be able to plan a group trip down the Tail of the Dragon area. Now those are some roads!

Are you almost done with your break in miles?
Sounds like a fun trip, keep us posted! She is not fully broken in yet. I need to drive more as I am dying to open her up! It is so hard to be good!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Phil posted a very thorough journal on RL of the work they did on my car with lots of pictures. I thought it would be good to cross post it here for those that wanted more information. https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post12723487

Teaser: (photo credit to Detailer's Domain)

Old 11-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great, Guards Red is classic !
Old 11-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Rac10000
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks great. Phil does fantastic work. These pics pretty much solidified my color choice.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice photos. I am firm in holding out for GR on my build. It will be my first RED car. Wife's 05 Boxster carmon red (Burgundy) doesn't really count IMO.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Vintage72
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 201 Posts

soooo beautiful . . .

Quick Reply: Guards Red - Freshly Detailed