Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   GT4/Spyder (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder-235/)
-   -   Australian GT4s (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/891511-australian-gt4s.html)

G-forceGT4 05-02-2019 10:21 PM

Great driving bud & good work chasing down those GT3's!

Charliekay 05-02-2019 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S (Post 15814870)
Great driving bud & good work chasing down those GT3's!

Thanks mate. Next Wakefield day is in 4 weeks so hoping to be in the top 3 street registered cars. Hopefully quicker than all the .2 GT3RSs and going to try and chase down the 2RS as well. Big ask but always trying to push myself.

Warwick Morris 05-03-2019 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S (Post 15814704)
Thanks for posting Charlie, your blazing fast in that car!
Quick question, I read about your upgrades earlier in the post & wondered about the whp #'s you posted being significantly lower than the #'s/dynos posted by DMS giving info on their headers & runners. I think the dyno they're using has about a 12% drive train loss & the hp's shown are ~ 400 whp

The dyno we both use has an approx 1.31 RW to Crank conversion factor. Our cars thus run in the 440 to 450 crank bhp range. My car only uses X51 heads and cams. The X51 intake robs power. See my earlier extensive thread on those mods. I'll no doubt end up trying the Dundon runners (like Charlie) and hopefully that will be about the max that these engines can produce as 3.8l motors. Dundon don't have any data on that combo at present.

Charlie and I are both heading in the same direction to make these cars GT3/GT3RS killers. With the 718 coming at some point, these 981 cars will become even more affordable to club competitors and we will hopefully see a burgeoning GT4 competition all using about the same mods. It should hopefully be a lot cheaper for second owners to modify their cars as there becomes less "try and see" development.

G-forceGT4 05-03-2019 01:07 PM

Thanks for your comments Warwick. I have read some, although not all of this extensive thread. It's great when members post their experience with different mods & provide #'s from dyno runs they've done, so guys have more info than just that provided by tuners/motorsport shops.

I did read a bit more about dyno dynamics & they typically read ~ 15% less than others like Dynojet. Using this conversion factor 450 - 12%(dynojet - drivetrain) = 396. This - 15% (dyno dynamics) = 337 (very close to #'s you provided).
I actually prefer the 981 cars to the 718's & Alex Preuninger from Porsche said they're sticking with the 3.8 9A1 motor in the 718 CS b/c they have proven to be very reliable engines for the club racers.

Charliekay 05-13-2019 12:59 AM

Anyone interested in a set of Strasse Forged SV1 Deep Concave Monoblock wheels?

Rolling Stock in Sydney bought these wheels back from the original customer and are in the process of refinishing them, but thought they would offer them up for sale and let the customer pick the colour.

They are OEM sizes and offset.

These are the wheels are they sat on the car before being cleaned and now sit in primer waiting for the final colour - https://strassewheels.com/case/porsche-cayman-gt4/

Price: $5,000 finished in your choice of colour. (Original RRP: $10k+)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...50bb27c9b2.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...83f52f4707.jpg

Dicknose 05-15-2019 08:57 AM

Did my first day at Luddenham (West Sydney)
what a fun tight little circuit!

Also there was a 718 Cayman GTS and a GT3RS there, so 3 Porsches to outnumber 2 Ferraris.
Managed to beat the GT3 - not bad for a Boxster!
although looking online I saw Charlie’s time... I’m a little off that pace.

Would go back again - it’s tighter than Wakefield, but also a hell of a lot closer!

Charliekay 05-15-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dicknose (Post 15841704)
Did my first day at Luddenham (West Sydney)
what a fun tight little circuit!

Also there was a 718 Cayman GTS and a GT3RS there, so 3 Porsches to outnumber 2 Ferraris.
Managed to beat the GT3 - not bad for a Boxster!
although looking online I saw Charlie’s time... I’m a little off that pace.

Would go back again - it’s tighter than Wakefield, but also a hell of a lot closer!

It is a great little circuit, a little tight but still great.

What time did you do and out of curiosity what time did the 3RS and GT3 do?

I went back in July last year, not long after they opened so didn't have much to compare my time to, but hoping to go back and go sub 50 seconds there.

Dicknose 05-17-2019 04:51 AM

I did 51.5
the GT3RS was about a second slower.
the 718 GTS only did 1 session - I think he was much slower.

Charliekay 05-17-2019 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dicknose (Post 15846543)
I did 51.5
the GT3RS was about a second slower.
the 718 GTS only did 1 session - I think he was much slower.

51.5 is a quick time and I would be really happy with that. I was also on Trofeos that day, and actually the first day I ran 265s at the front so it gave me an advantage (I went there that day to test the 265 setup as it was the week before the Porsche Club Supersprint).

What was the car that did the 50.8?

Dicknose 05-21-2019 09:36 PM

MX5 - race car, turbo and slicks! Was driven well.

Im on Cup2s 295/245
Happy with my time but still room for improvement, especially the last corner - need to push harder as I wasnt getting understeer. Only in my last session did I start to push the "top right, down the hill". Had been trying to keep it clean and stable for the left but again - wasnt near understeer and left so much extra speed wanting. Pushed harder there and dropped the half second from 52.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...fdb70648f0.jpg
Me failing to keep up with the MX5

Charliekay 05-22-2019 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dicknose (Post 15856840)
MX5 - race car, turbo and slicks! Was driven well.

Im on Cup2s 295/245
Happy with my time but still room for improvement, especially the last corner - need to push harder as I wasnt getting understeer. Only in my last session did I start to push the "top right, down the hill". Had been trying to keep it clean and stable for the left but again - wasnt near understeer and left so much extra speed wanting. Pushed harder there and dropped the half second from 52.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...fdb70648f0.jpg
Me failing to keep up with the MX5

That is awesome mate and a serious looking MX5.

The corner before the longest straight is one of the most important corners for time on a track, so easy to see how you can find 0.5s. Looking forward to seeing you go out and cracking into the 50s

James88 10-09-2019 01:58 AM

Something weird is happening here in Oz, people are actually buying GT4's :cool:. Has anyone noticed there's only 6 left on Carsales?

JIMMY JAMES 10-09-2019 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by James88 (Post 16156799)
Something weird is happening here in Oz, people are actually buying GT4's :cool:. Has anyone noticed there's only 6 left on Carsales?

I'm waiting until next year when the 718 GT4s start landing. There will be more 981s on offer then, at fairer prices.

James88 10-09-2019 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by JIMMY JAMES (Post 16156894)
I'm waiting until next year when the 718 GT4s start landing. There will be more 981s on offer then, at fairer prices.

I think you'll be waiting a loooong time Jimmy. I can't see the 981 prices coming down any further, especially with the much dearer 718.

JIMMY JAMES 10-09-2019 07:29 AM

A lot of things can happen in 6 to 10 months, including volatile economic factors which might impact the car market. I'm not expecting a huge drop. But I think there will be a marginal price adjustment downwards.
And of course there is the golden rule of carsales.com.au... the asking price is not the selling price!
Ultimately, there is always another Porsche out there. Doesn't have to be a GT4. But that's my focus at the moment...for 2020.
Time will tell...