Sponsored by: APR

Anodized Black Bushed AL Trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:34 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Went to the dealer yesterday and saw various trims in person:

* black trim on a 911 GTS - was very black with noticable grain. This is what I first thought the trim would be like and think it looks good. Much darker than many of trims depicted in the photos.

* standard aluminum trim - this was actually my first time seeing this in person and its quite nice. It is real aluminum with brushed grain, not a plasticy looking faux aluminum (I'm looking at you my old b5 s4). I think it provides a nice contrast with my interior (LWB, alcantara and platinum stiching).

* leather trim - subtle, almost makes the trim and center console disappear.

* painted trim - I really liked how the 987 Spyders and Rs had painted centers tunnels and would have liked to have done something similar but didn't think it would look the same with the new Star-Trek center console. It did look nice though; the white trim on the white 911 looked quite nice on the beltline trim.

In all, I'm happy with my decision to revert back to the standard trim.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:12 AM
dmfl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan

And even if you'd been right, three exclamation points? Really?
The "!!!" not meant to be aggressive to anyone - just very frustrated and annoyed that we cannot get any conclusion on this "dark", "anodized", anthracite" trim.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

After doing the same trip to the dealer as "Switchface" I decided to go with the leather trim. Looked very nice with the carbon on the LWBs and one less material miss match in the cabin.

My current GTS has the same finish on the panels as the rest of the interior details. Sure, it's not a very luxurious material, but at least it matches the rest of the cabin in a nice way. I would prefer that over the brushed aluminium that is standard in the GT4.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:26 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have more pics of the black brushed aluminum? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Have the dark aluminum in my GT3 and GT4. Charcoal gray dark. I really do not like the bright aluminum brushed trim. Looks like *** IMHO.
And after saying this I have no idea what color the trim is in the 07 C2S or 07 GT3 RS.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:26 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Does anyone have more pics of the black brushed aluminum? Thanks.

A couple of interior trim threads seems to have the 'best' pics of the black al trim -- but I've seen a couple in person and found that the lighting has a big impact on the pictures.

Other than exterior color, this trim was the most difficult cosmetic item for me to decide on...I did go with the black al.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Giacomo007
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-03-2016, 10:43 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I've got the black in the gt4, it's nice.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

I just went to my garage and there is a very subtle difference between the GT3 and GT4 dark/black aluminum trim. GT4 seems a tad brighter but not by much. You have to look for it and would not really notice it. It will not photograph well with a flash and lighting is important in how it photographs. Do not really notice it in person.

Quick Reply: Anodized Black Bushed AL Trim