Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015 | 08:58 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Originally Posted by anselmw
Hopefully it makes it here soon so I can get some drives in before the snow!
http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/tir...alpin-pa4.html
Old 10-10-2015 | 09:14 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Can't wait to see some delivery photos! You'll be one of the first with LWB's in the area. Not sure how you'll be able to sleep tonight!

Congrats!!
Thanks!

I thought the same about the LWBs but then didn't Larry get one with LWB long before mine?

I actually slept fine...nights before track time are the worst for me usually with anticipation/adrenaline

This may sound blasé but I'm not anywhere near as excited as I should be. I think I have been waiting so long that I've become conditioned to NOT having it and it won't really hit me until I drive it home this afternoon! Don't get me wrong I've been dreaming/salivating over it ever minute hanging on every video and feedback post on the internet/forums (like the rest of you!) but I think I've gotta see/touch drive it before it's "real"
Old 10-10-2015 | 09:17 AM
JohanS430
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jenner
Thanks!

I thought the same about the LWBs but then didn't Larry get one with LWB long before mine?

I actually slept fine...nights before track time are the worst for me usually with anticipation/adrenaline

This may sound blasé but I'm not anywhere near as excited as I should be. I think I have been waiting so long that I've become conditioned to NOT having it and it won't really hit me until I drive it home this afternoon! Don't get me wrong I've been dreaming/salivating over it ever minute hanging on every video and feedback post on the internet/forums (like the rest of you!) but I think I've gotta see/touch drive it before it's "real"
Congrats- we will be looking forward to pictures. Sapman- can't wait to see your build show up
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:19 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by sapman
Mine was supposed to go v300 today. Waiting to hear back from dealer if that's the case.
If it's at V300 it'll probably on the same boat that several of us will be on that's leaving mid-month.

Originally Posted by Jenner
Thanks!

I'm feeling the same way! Check in with me in a few weeks and we'll see. Ha.
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:52 AM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Pete, when is the boat carrying your car supposed to leave? Do you have a date? If my car goes v300 on the 23rd, I'm guessing mine will be on a later ship.
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:56 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by aualexa2
Pete, when is the boat carrying your car supposed to leave? Do you have a date? If my car goes v300 on the 23rd, I'm guessing mine will be on a later ship.
The last status I saw was that I'm leaving the port of Emden on 10/16 and arriving at Davisville at the end of the month. I would assume you'll be on the mid-Nov boat with that V300 date.
Old 10-10-2015 | 12:29 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

In addition to the Cars and Caffeine event in Connecticut tomorrow, there is also another large C&C event happening in central NJ. These are a good bunch of car nuts and it's worth checking out.

Folks,

For this weekend’s C&C, we are changing the day to Sunday, Oct 11 so we can visit a new location: Donaldson Farms in Hacketstown. If your family has have not made their fall activity trip (apple/pumpkin picking, corn mazes, etc.), this C&C would be a good one to attend as the farm offers all those activities and more.

Here are the details:

- One of the parking lots for the farm will be designated for C&C only. There will be a separate entrance for us and we will be located in an area away from the rest of the visitors.
- One of our members walked the field this morning and described it is "hard as a rock."
- If a few of you would like to help tomorrow morning, we would welcome some volunteers around 7:30-8:00AM to help direct the C&C crowd to the right parking area! Just show up early if you can help

Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

358 Allen Rd
Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Some tips on directions can be found here: https://donaldsonfarms.net/directions/

Some special notes about this location:

The field is grass; please make every effort to not disturb the grass.
Absolutely no speeding or loud revving on the premises.
While we will be there quite early, there will other visitors to the farm with kids so please exercise extreme caution as you come and go.
As with all other events, we ask you to respect our hosts and their neighbors by being on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

Last edited by PistolPete; 10-10-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2015 | 01:08 PM
anselmw
Racer

The last status I saw was that I'm leaving the port of Emden on 10/16 and arriving at Davisville at the end of the month. I would assume you'll be on the mid-Nov boat with that V300 date.

I will have to see if they completed this week. If so I should be in the same boat but my dealer was thinking it could kiss this one and be on the next one so he gave me end of Novemebr best estimate. Our Macan came early so hopefully same will happen here. I also confirmed my LWB were on the order but I won't feel confident about it until the car arrives
Old 10-10-2015 | 02:35 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Whoa, dealer just got back to me.

V332 and left port Emden on 10/7 on the Green Dale!

Estimated dealer invoice is now 10/30.

Go go go!!!
Old 10-10-2015 | 05:02 PM
sapman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohanS430
Congrats- we will be looking forward to pictures. Sapman- can't wait to see your build show up
Same here, looking forward to seeing yours too.
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:45 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Where is Jenner with his delivery photos? Must be still out driving...
Old 10-12-2015 | 03:10 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Default my car is done...

finally

its going to port of Emden on the 16th....
Old 10-12-2015 | 03:13 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarcD147
finally

its going to port of Emden on the 16th....
So that make 3 (or 4?) NYC area owners with cars that boat!

Me
JohanS430
MarcD147
sapman(?)
Old 10-12-2015 | 04:57 PM
sapman
Burning Brakes

So that make 3 (or 4?) NYC area owners with cars that boat!

Me
JohanS430
MarcD147
sapman(?)
I hope so, but am waiting for confirmation from my SA.
Old 10-13-2015 | 01:09 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Where is Jenner with his delivery photos? Must be still out driving...
What a weekend. Take delivery and all my free time went out the window and unfortunately it wasn't spent with the GT4.

The GT4 is so incredible and exceeded my incredibly high expectations that I couldn't explain it to fellow Rennlister AuAlexa2 (who came by the dealership when I took delivery on Saturday) that we got together on Sunday so he could understand what I was talking about. He's almost got as many miles on my GT4 as I do!

Not the best pics, my wife is still learning her DSLR and the sun was so bright she was having trouble getting it to even take pics.

Easily the best car I've ever driven/owned. Nothing else like this available on the new car market at any price considering almost nothing comes with a manual transmission anymore.

My build:
Exterior Color
Carrara White Metallic 2Y
Interior Color
Leather Interior, Black with Alcantara® stiching in Guards Red 68
Exterior
Wing Supports in Black 802
Performance
Extended Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal 85
Manual 480
Wheels
20" GT4 Wheels in Platinum 473