Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Texas GT4s--any other cars on the boat leaving Germany 7/17, arriving Houston 8/7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by fishing
That's it! Moses Smith is the owner of the shop and a hell of a driver. I haven't been doing many DE events, but will register for several at COTA with the GT4. Looking forward to seeing the Sapphire blue! Great choice! If you see a Carrara white GT4 in front or under the pavillon, you will know I am there.

I will definitely come find you if I see a Carrera white GT4 out there! So, my SA sent me a screen shot that my estimated arrival at dealership has been moved up from 9/4 to 8/21 now. I hope it keeps moving in that direction and I can pick her up in a few weeks.

I'm trying not to think about it too much as I feel like a kid trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:18 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by alleykat
You wouldn't happen to have been driving it this past Friday headed towards Houston? I was going to see my mom in Austin and caught a glimpse of a blue GT4 i wanna say around Brenham not sure.I was confused seeing such a car out in "the middle of nowhere" I guess you can say.I was in my white 997 headed opposite direction.
That wasn't my car. It is still at the installer's shop. I was over at their shop on Friday discussing placement options, etc. Wish it had been me on the road with it!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
I will definitely come find you if I see a Carrera white GT4 out there! So, my SA sent me a screen shot that my estimated arrival at dealership has been moved up from 9/4 to 8/21 now. I hope it keeps moving in that direction and I can pick her up in a few weeks.

I'm trying not to think about it too much as I feel like a kid trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.
Great! I look forward to it.

My car has made it to the dealership. I am going to schedule a clear film and pick the car up Friday August 7!!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:49 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 278 Posts

Great! I look forward to it.

My car has made it to the dealership. I am going to schedule a clear film and pick the car up Friday August 7!!

That is awesome Scott the car looks great!! I don't know how you are waiting that long to pick it up, great self control!

Going to bring it to cota then, plenty of time to break it in before Chin?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:19 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by electron mike
That is awesome Scott the car looks great!! I don't know how you are waiting that long to pick it up, great self control!

Going to bring it to cota then, plenty of time to break it in before Chin?
Thanks Mike. Yours will be here soon!!!

Unfortunately, it won't be ready until Friday afternoon. I can't make it then or on Saturday as my wife and I are bridesmaids and groomsmen for her cousin's wedding this weekend. Go figure, but I will milk this brutal inhumane sacrifice as leverage when needed! I would also like to have clear film on the car before I drive back to Tyler.

I doubt I will make COTA with Chin. I am considering Nov 1 with Edge Addicts. I'll track occasional sessions at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson until then.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:39 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. Yours will be here soon!!!

Unfortunately, it won't be ready until Friday afternoon. I can't make it then or on Saturday as my wife and I are bridesmaids and groomsmen for her cousin's wedding this weekend. Go figure, but I will milk this brutal inhumane sacrifice as leverage when needed! I would also like to have clear film on the car before I drive back to Tyler.

I doubt I will make COTA with Chin. I am considering Nov 1 with Edge Addicts. I'll track occasional sessions at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson until then.
Definitely milk that sacrifice for some brownie points! COTA in Nov will be nice, much cooler.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:51 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys, how long does it take to get the car from the Port of Houston to DFW usually?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:20 AM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by consolidated
Hey guys, how long does it take to get the car from the Port of Houston to DFW usually?
Mine took 7 days.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:23 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Once it is released from the port, I would think it would be just a day in transit. After that, no more than a day for dealer prep.

Having said that, my GT4 was offloaded at the Port of Houston on a Monday, released for delivery a week later, delivered to the dealer in Houston a day after that, and delivered to me a day after that. I have had other Porsches delivered to me at the dealer in Houston as quickly as two days after being offloaded at the port.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:30 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine took 7 days.
Originally Posted by jfr0317
Once it is released from the port, I would think it would be just a day in transit. After that, no more than a day for dealer prep.

Having said that, my GT4 was offloaded at the Port of Houston on a Monday, released for delivery a week later, delivered to the dealer in Houston a day after that, and delivered to me a day after that. I have had other Porsches delivered to me at the dealer in Houston as quickly as two days after being offloaded at the port.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I need August to move along, too hot anyways.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:49 AM
m3irish
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have further info on the arrival date of the Hoegh Bangkok? No update watching the vessel tracking sites since 7/23. :/
Old 08-02-2015, 10:47 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m3irish
Anyone have further info on the arrival date of the Hoegh Bangkok? No update watching the vessel tracking sites since 7/23. :/
It is docked at Jacksonville now!! Should be in Houston next week.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:36 AM
m3irish
Racer

Originally Posted by electron mike
It is docked at Jacksonville now!! Should be in Houston next week.
What great news to wake up to. 😃
Old 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM
rickdm
Racer

Congratulations, I saw the first two to arrive at Park Place: a white and silver one. I found out I am on the Bishu Highway (who names these ships?) scheduled to arrive at the dealer on August 21st. Happy as long as it arrives in time for the Porsche corral at the WEC race at COTA in September.

rickdm
Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rickdm
Congratulations, I saw the first two to arrive at Park Place: a white and silver one. I found out I am on the Bishu Highway (who names these ships?) scheduled to arrive at the dealer on August 21st. Happy as long as it arrives in time for the Porsche corral at the WEC race at COTA in September.

rickdm
The white one is mine! I can't pick it up until Friday

Quick Reply: Texas GT4s--any other cars on the boat leaving Germany 7/17, arriving Houston 8/7?