Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Teo
Same car, other pictures, US spec, from pff.de

Baby blue.....yuck.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default The 'Riviera Blau' gt4 spotted in person at Werk II Zuffenhausen...

Originally Posted by Z356
The OP's photo was posted by @itscarsome a few days ago at his website. She (I believe it's a woman) is based in Stuttgart.

Me thinks its the real thing...and looks to me like 'Riviera Blau'!

Porsche has already done some PTS Cayman gt4s & 981 Spyders for publicity & marketing purposes. Don't let the report that PTS production for regular gt4/spyder customers will start later this Fall/Winter prevent you from accepting the fact these two 'Riviera Blue' examples appear to be actual PTS vehicles!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

'fergusgo': Thanks for the photos!

Brian: The slightly odd thing here is that it has a BB (Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg) plates and not the ones you would expect (LB - Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg) normally associated with Porsche Sales, Marketing & Customer Service offices at Ludwigsburg!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
By the way, before I forget, by incredible luck I saw this 'Riviera Blau' gt4 with license plates 'BB*EM 221' entering the Porsche Zuffenhausen factory at around 2:38 PM on Friday, July 17th. I had just finished a luncheon & visit with executives of 'Porsche Exclusive' at Werk II and had my rental car parked in the lot right across 40 Porschestrasse & the Customer Center. As I started to leave past the gate to get to Adestrasse, this 'Riviera Blau' gt4 turns into Porschestrasse & heads to the security gate. Hoping I could photograph it, I turn around & try to follow. But he was 'waved in' by the gate without stopping...which means that the driver is a factory employee with permission to bring himself & the car he is driving into Werk II. And then the car disappeared into the the complex!

So this US specced 'Riviera Blau' gt4 is some sort of Porsche factory car. I think we should all expect to see this beautiful PTS gt4 again in some manner related to publicity, advertising, a display at a car show or something else related to PAG.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Düsseldorf and blogging on thread below about my trip:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

Old 07-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

The slightly odd thing here is that it has a BB (Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg) plates and not the ones you would expect (LB - Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg) normally associated with Porsche Sales, Marketing & Customer Service offices at Ludwigsburg!
Not odd...many Porsche GT press cars have 'BB EM' plates. I believe their offices at Weissach are in Boblingen.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 07-25-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Gotta agree, that blue looks awful. Mexico blue would be awesome though.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:11 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Böblingen Kraftfahrzeug-Kennzeichen...

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Not odd...many Porsche GT press cars have 'BB EM' plates.
You are right about the 'BB*EM' association with cars from Porsche. Here is one from one of my one posts back in 2013 showing
pre-production gt3s on a test ride:

...I believe their offices at Weissach are in Boblingen.
Let's clarify for other Rennlisters (like me) what I think you are implying here. Porsche doesn't have an office per se in Böblingen.
Rather, Weissach itself (although far away to the west & north of Böblingen) falls under the larger district that gets assigned a BB
license plate codes according the peculiar German 'Nummernschilder' regulations! That is your point, correct?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...eutschland.svg

Eduardo
Düsseldorf
Old 07-26-2015, 05:23 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Not that I think any other Rennlisters care, but I was referring to the district of Boblingen, of which Weissach is a part, not the town of Boblingen.

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 07-26-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:24 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Not that I think any other Rennlisters care, but I was referring to the district of Boblingen, of which Weissach is a part, not the town of Boblingen.
I understood. And I believe it's always best to post information that the readers will find useful and/or interesting. That is what I try to do in most of my posts. I didn't know until this exchange that Böblingen district reached out all the way to Weissach. I think others will find it interesting information too.

Eduardo
On my way to Leipzig!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:40 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Baby blue.....yuck.
Paint to Sabotage
Old 07-27-2015, 08:10 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
Paint to Sabotage
I'm pretty sure there's a "iiiiii-caaan't stand it" joke somewhere in there.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:02 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mgerber
It looks too dark for Gulf. Might be Riviera or Mexico. Hard to tell with that picture quality and lighting.
Originally Posted by maroli
the lighting is all kinds of off, but it doesn't look mexico, gulf, or riviera to me. it's stunning, whatever it is.
This is Trquoise BLue. Riviera is a truer pastel blue. The car below in this thread appears to be Mexico IMO. I have owned a Riv car. Paint code is 39E. Mexico is 336. Mexico is slightly darker than Riviera.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:04 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Baby blue.....yuck.
This is Riviera....stunning IMO.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Originally Posted by fergusgo
Agree that this is indeed a genuine Riviera Blue GT 4. Further images of the same car I believe. Photos courtesy of spaetzle_photography on Instagram https://instagram.com/p/47BghGtzR1/

Uhmmm, I have a Riv car, and this is not Riv....too much green in it..
Old 08-02-2015, 08:38 PM
fergusgo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Agree it's not clear what colour it is from these photos but other photos of the same car certainly look to be Riviera. Eduardo has also seen said car in the flesh and from his comments he believes it to be Riviera as well. I'm sure other pics of the car will appear online to allow us to clarify though.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:12 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Riviera...

This is Trquoise BLue. Riviera is a truer pastel blue. The car below in this thread appears to be Mexico IMO. I have owned a Riv car. Paint code is 39E. Mexico is 336. Mexico is slightly darker than Riviera.
Originally Posted by fergusgo
Agree it's not clear what colour it is from these photos but other photos of the same car certainly look to be Riviera. Eduardo has also seen said car in the flesh and from his comments he believes it to be Riviera as well. I'm sure other pics of the car will appear online to allow us to clarify though.
I am pretty certain the car I saw in person (which is the topic of this thread) was 'Riviera Blue'.

Camera lenses don't always capture the color the human eye see.

But I m confident that the color I saw on July 17th, as this car was entering Werk II at Zuffenhausen at around 2:37 in the afternoon, was 'Riviera Blue'!

To TurboDouge: Is 'Turquoise Blue' an approved color for the 991/981 at present time?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Porto Cervo, Sardinia
Old 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,871 Likes on 969 Posts

Rumor has it this car is the elusive Miami Blue.......

I'll leave it to Eduardo to fill in the blanks.

Quick Reply: Is this the first PTS GT4?