Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Track App

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:34 AM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I suddenly realised that there is no mention of video capability in the car, does this mean you are using an iPhone for video rather than any video camera delivered with the sport chrono package?

thought i better ask since I am using both gopro and iPhone.

btw i use polar pro as go pro mount for iPhone.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:52 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by khooni
I suddenly realised that there is no mention of video capability in the car, does this mean you are using an iPhone for video rather than any video camera delivered with the sport chrono package?

thought i better ask since I am using both gopro and iPhone.

btw i use polar pro as go pro mount for iPhone.
No video in car, I just use My iPhone 6 and it is great.

Tire pressure over the compleatly lap. As of my factory setting this show My tires front get really hot from mid-to end lap due to to much understeer.

Cars setting

How much gaspedal I apply, how much dare you guys use over a nur lap. Here we can compare in a instant easy way. We can compare the LOT, everything how we use ouer gt3/4:-)

Wich rpm do you guys use upp scary kesselchen at nur, and what gear? Well app can compare instant and you compare With friends how the drive. Just press play button you see in pic and app pick up film sekvens still//pic at exakt this location. As Well play film if you like. I got a Porsche to pass right here thats why i am not faster at this exact location upp kesselchen, My vmx was 217kmh gps speed here, due to passing Porsche midway upp I lose top end vmax as i let go of gaspedal / hence 41% only due to pass. If not a gt4 Will do 227-232kmh vmax at kesselchen. If I add i a pic of datatrace you see how speed curve dip here due to let go off gas and reaccelerate, no god For top vmax.

Compare My rain laps vs My dry lap

I let go of gaspedal at 203kmh hence datatrace speed curve dip right here as preparing to passing Porsche. If not and one dare to fully press gaspedal from down bergwerk to mutkurve top of kesselchen the datatrace Will go in one steep radius to top whitout dip

Last edited by Nur93; 06-21-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Where on the lap i trigger ESC, just press play Button that show in pic and you get to film sekvens exactly where this happens. Move the finger over iphone display to get to the different ESC trigger points, press play to see you car on track/location

I oversteer at adenauer forst( upward peak marks show oversteer, this Big one here 24% oversteer is hidden behind the White maker), first of i did feel it in car:-), second app film show it, third data show it exactly. All downward peak marks are every sections My car understeer:-), quite alot even I got anti rollbar to hardest setting rear to get less understeer. Film show understeer, as well you hear the sounds off it in film, I as a driver feel it, app show it on tire pressure gismo, and fore sure in this data. Press play Button in pic to get instant info on where you and your car are at track.

Last edited by Nur93; 06-27-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr
^Orthojoe, you saved a lot of people here $1850. If/when your rennlist membership is up, let me know, would be glad to pay the $20.
ditto
Old 06-26-2015, 03:25 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Nur93,

Many thanks for all the posts and info about the app, really great :reckon:

What kind of holder / mounting solution do you use for your iPhone?

I am finally finished with the break-in of my GT4 and I will drive my first NOS laps on Sunday morning arriving at the track at 8.00 am. Will you be there? Would be great to meet you!

Can I use the app without an external GPS antenna? I would like to avoid this hassle and I hope that the Porsche solution is really plug & play.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
Hi Nur93,

Many thanks for all the posts and info about the app, really great :reckon:

What kind of holder / mounting solution do you use for your iPhone?

I am finally finished with the break-in of my GT4 and I will drive my first NOS laps on Sunday morning arriving at the track at 8.00 am. Will you be there? Would be great to meet you!

Can I use the app without an external GPS antenna? I would like to avoid this hassle and I hope that the Porsche solution is really plug & play.
Thanks. I just use a phone holder from biltema, like 21 usd, its relly god as it do not shake. You Always need a vbox-sport 20hz gps if you on iPhone and want latimes and speeds to be accurate. If thats of no important you just use app and iPhone. If on Nurburgring you also need external gps divice to put outside car, due to elevation and alot of threes/Wood ( you also need this on all other products, like Harrys and all raclogis to avoid gps dropouts). If on a flat normal track in an open area then no need For this magnetic external gps divice.

Cheep god iPhone holder, put it same place as me in pic For best gps signal. Vbox-sport under For real 20 Hz update on speed/laptimes.

Magnetic gps enhancer/reciver this is a must if on Nurburgring. Its magnetic so no need For tejp. Best location is mid roof just above front windscreen but also ok where i put in My car at pic

Hdmi conected to iPhone and hdmi cable to see app film on any tv you like. Or Apple tv Streem then no need For hdmi cable. Enjoy. App Film is very good quality if filmed on iphone6. But dont forget the film With overlaid data is just One part of this great app, datatrace/logg is Big fun and very cool instant car data

Last edited by Nur93; 06-26-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:00 PM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Many thanks for the info, Nur93

How do I connect the VBOX and the external GPS antenna to the iPhone?

Are you at the NOS on Sunday morning?
Old 06-27-2015, 03:52 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

We are at Cyprus right now, getting sun. So Will not attend, what is NOS anyway? Vbox sport and iPhone conect via bluetooth and external gps enhancer/reciver you just plug in to vbox-sport. App funktion I guess you know, car data go via cars wifi to iPhone. Good luck. See my gt4 thread for any other app info:-) God luck
Old 06-27-2015, 05:16 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Cheers, Nur93. All clear now!

NOS = Nordschleife ;-)

Hope to see u there one day (white GT4, black wheels with registration plate GT4981 ;-) ). I live 130 km away and I drive the NOS regularly, also Spa, Bilster Berg, Assen, Zandvoort.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:37 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Cheers, Nur93. All clear now!

NOS = Nordschleife ;-)

Hope to see u there one day (white GT4, black wheels with registration plate GT4981 ;-) ). I live 130 km away and I drive the NOS regularly, also Spa, Bilster Berg, Assen, Zandvoort.
Haha, My bad, NOS:-), great, let you know when i am there. Lucky you, 130km away, I am in sweden its ap 1600km away. Still I send My car on transport and fly, Will be at Manthey trackday after summer:-) Drive safe! Cheers( as far as I know, If you have the external gps enhancer/reciver on outside of car as me In pic, then you can even put the vbox-sport in glovecompartment, like no need for it to be put in place where its god gps reciving signal as you anyway got the external enhancer. But still need to use vbox-sport 20hz gps update, so it must be On where ever you choose to put it)
Old 06-28-2015, 11:07 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Thanks!

Do you know if the video can come from a GoPro camera? I do not have enough storage capacity on my iPhone ...

Car feels great indeed on the NOS. Have you put more downforce on the rear wing as proposed by Porsche for the track? I find the GT4 a bit instable on the first half of Fuchsroehre compared to my 997.2 GT3 and GT3 RS.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:03 PM
matttheboatman
Three Wheelin'

Received 614 Likes on 236 Posts

Hello GoHard,

My plan is to get new Iphone 6, clear all the data off my Iphone 5, and use it exclusively as video recorder for track and other.

Will app work on Iphone 5?

Matt

Thanks!

Do you know if the video can come from a GoPro camera? I do not have enough storage capacity on my iPhone ...

Car feels great indeed on the NOS. Have you put more downforce on the rear wing as proposed by Porsche for the track? I find the GT4 a bit instable on the first half of Fuchsroehre compared to my 997.2 GT3 and GT3 RS.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:16 PM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Hi Matt,

Really poor from Porsche if GoPro cannot be used with the app...

App works on iPhone 5S at least
Old 06-28-2015, 12:26 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default GT4 Track App

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Hello GoHard,

My plan is to get new Iphone 6, clear all the data off my Iphone 5, and use it exclusively as video recorder for track and other.

Matt
This is my exact setup. I use a cleared off iPhone 5. I've obviously had issues, but I don't know if it's because of the phone or software
Old 06-28-2015, 10:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,865 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Hello GoHard,

Matt
If you're going to use/buy a dedicated smartphone for the Porsche Track App, it might be worthwhile to consider getting/using an Android device.

With a 'Droid, you can remove the sim card for easy downloading/uploading of videos, something which the iPhone requires a comparatively cumbersome process of going the route of AirPlay and mirroring.

Just FYI, and something to consider.

Quick Reply: GT4 Track App