Sponsored by: APR

2016 GT4 to Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 12:59 PM
jcannon
Banned

Received 149 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
The dealership where you admittedly overpayed for your GT3 didn’t want a GT4 on trade?
out of state purchase before I took the car to Carmax
Old 05-03-2023, 08:27 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jcannon
Understood and that all depend on the seller. Some of us do not care $$. If I offer a quick sale here and mention a dealer trade or wholesale and still get bogus PM inquiries and asking your bottom this and that and inspection this and that....Million dollar question is why the heck would I entertain drama vs a dealer will not ask a single question and simply write the seller a check no question ask. Sure the numbers are lower than on a private sale. I chose to move on and enjoy my other GT3 I just bought. Currency comes and goes and we can always remake $$. Drama is something I will not deal with.
Drama is not something this man deals with!

Okay, so assume you can spare us another novel about why(that no one asked), how much?
The following users liked this post:
Nate Tempest (05-04-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 09:57 PM
jcannon
Banned

Originally Posted by ztnedman1
Drama is not something this man deals with!

Okay, so assume you can spare us another novel about why(that no one asked), how much?
Bring a similar GT4 to Carmax for a appraisal and secured a want to know how much. Hope this help.
Gt3Fan (10-22-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 10:03 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by captain pabst
yes as a GT4 owner with very similar miles who is looking to get rid of his car in a low friction transaction it is an important data point for me and I'm sure others as well
He won't share the information. His post was likely intended as a half-way advertisement with little to no effort in an effort to find a buyer without actually taking the time to post an advertisment in the marketplace. That's why he responded "does it matter."
The following 2 users liked this post by awrryan:
Olcha911 (05-06-2023), Valarr (05-12-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 10:08 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
don’t think anyone needs to see the check, but simply posting the number would be helpful
I agree with you, but I think you're missing the point. He will not post the number. He just wanted the attention or someone to buy his car fast without posting an ad and without any effort (which begs the question why he would even post if the money doesn't mean anything to him).
Valarr (05-12-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 10:09 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Every car is different
Condition not identical
Tires wear and tear not the same
color is different
Car options not the same
No difference to every PPI is not the same depend on who is doing the PPI.
person who did the evaluation on the car may not be the same person who evaluate the next gt4
Book value and mkt values changes by week

Even though it was near mint in your original post?
Old 05-03-2023, 10:15 PM
jcannon
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan
I agree with you, but I think you're missing the point. He will not post the number. He just wanted the attention or someone to buy his car fast without posting an ad and without any effort (which begs the question why he would even post if the money doesn't mean anything to him).
Interesting point you brought up. Carmax gave me a dollar amount and quick list was to see if anyone wants it. Reason is i would love to see the car go to a car guy instead of a dealer. But taking it to the dealer and quick and burn works just as well to me. I said it will go to Camax and it did. I have the title and it is my car and i will do what i please and do not need to explain or disclosed the amount.

Last edited by jcannon; 05-03-2023 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 05-03-2023, 10:28 PM
jcannon
Banned

Old 05-03-2023, 10:32 PM
jcannon
Banned

Old 05-03-2023, 10:35 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Interesting point you brought up. Carmax gave me a dollar amount and quick list was to see if anyone wants it. Reason is i would love to see the car go to a car guy instead of a dealer. But taking it to the dealer and quick and burn works just as well to me. I said it will go to Camax and it did. I have the title and it is my car and i will do what i please and do not need to explain or disclosed the amount.

I find dealing with people like you amusing at times. You make no sense (not all the times, but sometimes, like in this thread), contradict yourself and then post useless information and a diatribe about what you paid for a gt3 while lecturing everyone about your position about money and purchases. All useless information, but very useful to pycho-analyze you. Thank you for the amusement this evening! Those documents look fake. I hope I don't sound too harsh. For some reason, you rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited by awrryan; 05-03-2023 at 10:38 PM.
mywave (05-14-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 10:37 PM
jcannon
Banned

^^^ And please elaborate why i am obligated to disclose what i sold it for. Again, i said it will go to Carmax and it did. Have i said anything on this thread that is amusing? Only amusing part is some of you guys simply cannot take a no and accept the fact i will not disclosed how much.

Last edited by jcannon; 05-03-2023 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:41 PM
kmh0277
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Pro tip, Carvana will give you more money most of the time and you don't have to go anywhere. When trading in at a dealer, always get a Carvana quote first to have in your back pocket. If the dealer can't match it then you can sell to carvana or meet somewhere in the middle. Carvana quotes takes 5 minutes to get from their website and you'll have the quote in an email. I have never sold or purchased from Carvana, but I've used them a lot to haggle.

I've done the CarMax thing twice and the quotes have been significantly lower plus I had to drive there and wait.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:42 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

^^^ And please elaborate why i am obligated to disclose what i sold it for.
you are absolutely not obligated to disclose what you sold it for, to Carmax or anyone; however, the drama and suspense that you created was telling. Either way, disclosing the number is helpful to determine some type of worth fo the car in a specific market. What I find disengenuous is that you advertised in a cavalier way what you paid for your new GT3, but refused to disclose what you traded your GT4 for. No obligation, but you came off like dangling a carrot in everyone's face in what appears to be an effort to make a half-a$$ effort to seek a buyer (or have someone else do that work for you). I have no doubt you recognize the foregoing. I am simply writing this for other peoples' benefit in case they missed something about you. You must know exactly what you did. In writing to you (which is not worth the time), you helped me remember similar traits and why your posts triggered me. I believe I owe you a thank you: Thank you.

Last edited by awrryan; 05-03-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:43 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kmh0277
Pro tip, Carvana will give you more money most of the time and you don't have to go anywhere. When trading in at a dealer, always get a Carvana quote first to have in your back pocket. If the dealer can't match it then you can sell to carvana or meet somewhere in the middle. Carvana quotes takes 5 minutes to get from their website and you'll have the quote in an email. I have never sold or purchased from Carvana, but I've used them a lot to haggle.

I've done the CarMax thing twice and the quotes have been significantly lower plus I had to drive there and wait.
Agreed. A buddy sole his Miata to Carmax and did very well.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:48 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts

LOL!! This feels like we are dealing with a ChatGPT troll bot.

What a dork. Have fun with your mental masturbation, I'm off this stupid ride.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT4 to Carmax