Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

immocars rear camber plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022 | 06:23 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Default immocars rear camber plates

These bad mama jama just showed up in the mail to get rid of the rear tire rubbing without sacrificing alignment or ride height setup... I promised my wallet this is the last thing I change

The following users liked this post:
TDT (05-09-2022)
Old 06-02-2022 | 09:26 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Here' they are installed compared to the stock mount. The tires now sit noticeably inboard, and that's even before dialing back the bottom spacers: I can definitely see being able to fit 305s and run camber without issues.

All and all the installation wasn't too bad. Removing the sway bar link let the suspension drop a tad more and then I use a ratchet strap to pull in the shock shaft (not the spring, just the shock) and being able to clear the plate.

Old 06-02-2022 | 10:12 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Are you going to be able to get proper toe? did you replace the toe links?
Old 06-02-2022 | 10:23 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awrryan
Are you going to be able to get proper toe? did you replace the toe links?
I do have Tarett rear toe links. However given these plates gain camber from the top as opposed to the bottom of the suspension, you may be able to get proper toe with the stock links... Someone else who installed them told me they had to tread in the adjustable toe links all the way...

I'll let you know if I can get proper toe with the adjustable links or if I need to reinstall the stock links.
awrryan (06-03-2022)
Old 06-07-2022 | 03:11 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

So here's the final alignment setups. Car is 50/50 track and street and has the following bits:
1) Tarett toe links (F &R)
2) Tarett front caster pucks
3) Swift springs (448# F and 560# R)
4) immocars RSM
5) DSCSport module
6) Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2

Anu2g (07-23-2022)
Old 06-07-2022 | 06:54 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luca Paindelli
So here's the final alignment setups. Car is 50/50 track and street and has the following bits:
1) Tarett toe links (F &R)
2) Tarett front caster pucks
3) Swift springs (448# F and 560# R)
4) immocars RSM
5) DSCSport module
6) Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2

looks good to me!
Old 07-22-2022 | 04:09 PM
aarodynamics
Rennlist Member

I wanted to add that I received these from Immocars this week and they fixed the rubbing issues I've been running into since the car was brand-new on stock wheels/tires. It's unfortunate Porsche didn't provide enough clearance to fit stock wheels/tires, but I'm incredibly thankful Immocars stepped up and produced these.

Last edited by aarodynamics; 07-22-2022 at 04:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by aarodynamics:
Luca Paindelli (07-22-2022), TDT (07-22-2022)
Old 09-04-2022 | 02:03 PM
AndreasF
Track Day

Do you have a link on where to get them? Can´t seem to find the company on the web.
Old 09-04-2022 | 02:06 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndreasF
Do you have a link on where to get them? Can´t seem to find the company on the web.
Send an email to Mathieu at info@immocars.ch
Old 09-04-2022 | 03:02 PM
AndreasF
Track Day

Originally Posted by Luca Paindelli
Send an email to Mathieu at info@immocars.ch
Thanx! Assumed it was a us-based company that I didn´t find. All I could find was this Swiss car sales company But Switzerland is perfect since I too am in europe.

On my previous car, a 718 GT4 , I had a set of Apex sm-10 in 19” which worked perfectly. Ran 265 front and 305 rear along with Manthey front camber plates and rear toe links. And some shims.
A week and a half ago I took delivery of a GT4 RS. Put on the Manthey parts and shimmed the rear to -2.5 deg camber. Now it rubs on the inside when pushing max on track… Tyres are Dunlop sport maxx2 in 245/295 f/r as it’s what it came on.
vantage (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022 | 09:01 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Ah, this is very interesting! I'm thinking about setting up for SCCA Time Trials Tuner class, which allows for camber plates, but not the replacement toe arms with monoball bearings (which is all of them as far as I can tell). No issues with inboard clearance on 305s? What's your ride height?
Old 09-04-2022 | 10:51 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
Ah, this is very interesting! I'm thinking about setting up for SCCA Time Trials Tuner class, which allows for camber plates, but not the replacement toe arms with monoball bearings (which is all of them as far as I can tell). No issues with inboard clearance on 305s? What's your ride height?
I believe you need to run 7mm spacers to use 305/20. As far as ride height I'm probably 5-10mm below the minimum of stock.
Old 09-05-2022 | 02:29 AM
AndreasF
Track Day

Stock ride height. No issues that I could tell with clearance on either side of the tyre. Ran AR-1 305s with -2.2 - -2.3 deg camber. It sure looked like I might rub at the rear judging only from stance looks, so there might be issues if running lower ride height. Never tested this myself.

My current setup is rubbing on the outside of the wheel about 4-5” rear of center. Running 1.2mm (0.047”) toe each side. It might be possible to roll the inner flare/edge a bit and gain 3-4mm (1/8”) extra clearance. Don’t know how risky that would be for the paint not to crack though.
Old 09-05-2022 | 03:47 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndreasF
A week and a half ago I took delivery of a GT4 RS. Put on the Manthey parts and shimmed the rear to -2.5 deg camber. Now it rubs on the inside when pushing max on track… Tyres are Dunlop sport maxx2 in 245/295 f/r as it’s what it came on.
The 295 is 0.8" taller than a 305/30/19, so 0.4" up closer to the fender. I guess that's what's making the difference. Either that or your Apex wheel was a 10.5 rather than an 11? Edit: Oh, and/or your RS could be at a lower ride height.

Good on you tracking a GT4 RS flat out right after getting it btw. (Although that's one car I might hesitate to roll the fenders on!)
Old 09-05-2022 | 10:19 AM
AndreasF
Track Day

The 295 is 0.8" taller than a 305/30/19, so 0.4" up closer to the fender. I guess that's what's making the difference. Either that or your Apex wheel was a 10.5 rather than an 11? Edit: Oh, and/or your RS could be at a lower ride height.

Good on you tracking a GT4 RS flat out right after getting it btw. (Although that's one car I might hesitate to roll the fenders on!)
Well, the delivery was pushed about three weeks so it wasn't my intention to track it so close to collecting it. But I had no choise since I had an upcoming trip to Nürburgring which was already booked and paid since long. So instead of family weekend I spent two full days in the car breaking in the engine and brakes before the trip

The ride height looks a bit lower, at least in the front, but press material says -30mm compared to 718 Cayman. This is also what they said about 718 GT4 so by that they should be the same height. Funny thing is, when I look in my registration papers it states a height of 1267mm for the RS which is 10mm higher than my old GT4 where it says 1257mm. Very confusing... They also widened the rear track by 8mm (5/16") which I didn't know at the time of adding shims.

edit: about rolling the fenders; it was never my idea to roll out the width of the fender, if that's what you thought I meant. The fender is folded up on the inside so the profile looks like a U with flat bottom. However the inside lip is pointing slightly inwards and is not completely parallel to the outside piece i.e the fender. So my thinking was to somehow squeeze the lip closer to the inside of the fender. Without disrupting the bottom of the U-shape. Should add couple of mm clearance if it's possible to do. But my first thing will definitely be rear camber plates from Immocars.

Last edited by AndreasF; 09-05-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Quick Reply: immocars rear camber plates