Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery H7/Group-94R "Fitment" in the Cayman/GT4 ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 03:34 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,492 Likes on 831 Posts
Question ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery H7/Group-94R "Fitment" in the Cayman/GT4 ???

Guys,

If any of you have some thoughts on the following I'd appreciate your input if it's useful and not sarcasm.

I Do-Not Track my GT4 ................

I want to replace the stock battery and go to the Antigravity H/7/Group-94R Lithium Car Battery in my 2021 Cayman 718 GT4.
There are lots of threads on Rennlist about the Antigravity Lithium Batteries for the Porsche Models.
And they are not all of a positive nature but many of the threads have positive comments from Rennlist Members.

What I am trying to find out with No-Luck at all is the following.
For "Track-Duty" many go for the 30ah with Super-Light-Weight compared to the stock battery.
For overall use the H/6Group-48 Lithium Car Battery for the Cayman/GT4 which is the 48ah unit.

However and this is where my question comes in below.
If I'm going to spend what the Antigravity H6/Group-48 cost in the 60ah series retails at $949.00 plus I suppose Shipping and possibly Tax.
I have decided based on that cost above ^^^ I'm going to spend 1-time and go for the H7/Group-94R in the 80ah series at a cost of $1,199.00 plus shipping and possibly Tax.
For me the benefit will be with mine, GT4, sitting for longgggg periods of time I won't have to even be a little bit concerned.

The reason I'm reaching out on a separate thread is because I have already posted over on one of the Dedicated ANTIGRAVITY threads and have not received any information from Chad (Employee) or Scott (Owner).
I very recently sent a PM to ANTIGRAVITY (Chad) so maybe come this week I'll find out for a fact about the fitment which is what I really want to know.
I think I should mention in all fairness to ANTIGRAVITY Chad & Scott they were at SEMA last week through Thursday so I'm thinking that's why they have not replied.

Like I said above I'd Really-really like to have some useful feedback on the Fitment which is what I actually am reaching out to all of you for ???
And some of you already have one of the Antigravity Lithium batteries so maybe you could take a look at your install and give some feedback.
I'm not interested in comments regarding Cost and it's a waste of my money.
I've wasted a heck of a lot more than the cost of 1-battery guys over the years and I imagine you have as well so let's leave cost aside, please.

Note*
I have read all the Threads over on the Porsche

991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R threads.

I would love to also to Copy & Paste this over on that area but I think I'd get severely reprimanded by TXshaggy (Moderator).
Maybe if TXshaggy sees this thread/post he could jump in and offer some input on it also being Copied & Pasted over on the other Porsche technical area ???
I think those guys spend more monies than we do over on this Cayman/GT4 area.
Based on all the threads already on the ANTIGRAVITY Lithium batteries in those areas.

Thanks guys for your help,
Terry
USA

Old 11-08-2021, 12:35 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,045 Likes on 590 Posts

Hi Tiger, please give us a day or two to get to you.... we can answer all your questions, but we were at the SEMA show all last week and will be much busier than normal this week so we will not be on the forums for a few days until we can get staff some time to make sure we provide you with all your questions answered. We do have phone tech staff that might be able to answer quicker by calling our offices at 310 527 2330.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Autoad
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

H7 should fit just fine. The battery tray has a few different threaded holes in the bottom to accommodate the different lengths. If you want to double check since the 718 might be different, you can take a peek under the hood, the extra hole is visible without removing the existing battery.

Source: I put an H7 in my 981 GT4 (just an Interstate from Costco, that's all they had for AGMs at the time)
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (11-09-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 05:11 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Tiger, please give us a day or two to get to you.... we can answer all your questions, but we were at the SEMA show all last week and will be much busier than normal this week so we will not be on the forums for a few days until we can get staff some time to make sure we provide you with all your questions answered. We do have phone tech staff that might be able to answer quicker by calling our offices at 310 527 2330.
Chad,

No-Worries I'm not going anywhere and I'm positive the new GT4 sure isn't.

Look forward to hopefully doing business with you guys at ANTIGRAVITY.

Terry

Originally Posted by Autoad
H7 should fit just fine.
The battery tray has a few different threaded holes in the bottom to accommodate the different lengths.
If you want to double check since the 718 might be different, you can take a peek under the hood, the extra hole is visible without removing the existing battery.

Source: I put an H7 in my 981 GT4 (just an Interstate from Costco, that's all they had for AGMs at the time)
Autoad,

You probably just answered what I'm wanting to know on the fitment of the larger Antigravity H7/Group-94R.
My understanding is the Antigravity Lithium batteries are the exact same dimensions/size of the Lead-Acid and AGM you had installed.
I probably should have maybe posted above this picture where I did measure as well as observing the other two (2) optional mounting holes in my 2021 GT4.

And for what it's worth on Rennlist.com from another member ...........
Thank-You kind Sir for taking the time to reply, it's 100% appreciated.
I'm hoping Chad (Antigravity) will confirm .............

Terry
Autoad (11-08-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 11:27 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,045 Likes on 590 Posts

Tiger, first off we heard you were a Vietnam Vet and I think we reached out to you yesterday....at least the staff said they were going to but they were still super busy.....I'm Scott the owner on this answer, its usually Chad but he's busy at this time). So please talk to the office since we want to get you a special discount.

Let me explain how this works. The H7 would in fact work perfectly fine in your Car. It is the standard size battery in your car. But what I was going to mention also is that our H6 will also work just as good in the Car and is in a slightly smaller footprint, but has the exact same 60 Amp Hour Lithium Battery pack inside the Battery Case. To explain this, Any of our 60Ah Batteries have the exact same Battery pack inside, and only the exterior plastic Case is size changing but the internals are the same. So with the Porsches you have the option of 3 size batteries in most all Porsches since the Battery Hold-down is adjustable by moving it to the next size larger or next size smaller. The next thing is that the H6, H7 batteries are the exact same Height, and Width..... the only thing that changes is the length. So the H7 is 1.5" Longer from left to right than the H6. So either of them will work perfectly fine actually. So our H6 is in fact a more popular size than the H7... but they are the same battery in performance just the H6 is a little less long which some people like since it makes for more room in the battery tray area. But honestly it doesn't matter which one you go with.

LEt me also say that our Cases are the sizes that is called the BCI (Battery Council International) sizes... so they are design to be the exact drop in fit for the sizes they represent. They are standardized sizes. So they all will work.

If I missed any questions let us know. Some one will get back to you.
tigerhonaker (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 05:21 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Tiger, please give us a day or two to get to you.... we can answer all your questions, but we were at the SEMA show all last week and will be much busier than normal this week so we will not be on the forums for a few days until we can get staff some time to make sure we provide you with all your questions answered.
We do have phone tech staff that might be able to answer quicker by calling our offices at 310 527 2330.
Hi Scott,

See comment below buddy ...........

Originally Posted by Autoad
H7 should fit just fine.
The battery tray has a few different threaded holes in the bottom to accommodate the different lengths.
If you want to double check since the 718 might be different, you can take a peek under the hood, the extra hole is visible without removing the existing battery.

Autoad,

Thanks again for your assistance buddy.

Click on Link below guys if interested ???

Just placed my 1st order with ANTIGRAVITY today ...........
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17775367

Terry
Viper pilot (11-09-2021)

Quick Reply: ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery H7/Group-94R "Fitment" in the Cayman/GT4 ???