Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Lithium Antigravity Battery Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 08:26 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Seems to me there are far easier ways to lose a few pounds. Don’t see many threads titled “Removed fire extinguisher and owners manual — car won’t start.”
Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 169 Posts

I've seen Porsche lion race batteries spontaneously catch fire just sitting on a shelf outside the car. Would bet on an antigravity battery with a bms over a plastic wrapped bunch of lion cells that Porsche sells for some multiple of the price any day. Intelligent battery management sounds good to me even if means a little tuning is required.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:42 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

So far so good! Antigravity battery is in, battery tracking app isn't showing any weird spikes over 24 hours in the car and no errors or issues on an hour test drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by ajw45:
Antigravity (01-04-2021), RolloGigolo (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 12:17 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Sent a pm, ready to give this battery a try. Lmk
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 12:43 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 673 Posts

When is the next sale? you said Feb/March? Thx
Old 01-20-2021, 03:40 PM
lawlence
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

I purchased an H6 battery that supposedly had the updated BMS but I am having the same issues as @jakermc above. I even emailed antigravity to confirm the battery had the updated BMS prior to shipping in light of this thread. It was purchased back around Thanksgiving, and I only got around to putting it in today. Put the stock battery back in and no issues. I would advise anyone with a GT4 to hold off until they can figure out what the real issue is.

And same as @CAL GT4 above, this fiasco burned out my front right indicator lamp. Glad nothing else was damaged as far as I can tell. Super dangerous as I was in traffic when the errors started popping up. The ignition cut out multiple times and the parking brake was engaging randomly. I managed to limp it back home safely.

Last edited by lawlence; 01-20-2021 at 03:43 PM.
tigerhonaker (10-29-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 04:03 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

And the issues are not just isolated to the GT4. A google search reviewed problems in other forums dedicated to other car manufacturers.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:19 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 559 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by lawlence
I purchased an H6 battery that supposedly had the updated BMS but I am having the same issues as @jakermc above. I even emailed antigravity to confirm the battery had the updated BMS prior to shipping in light of this thread. It was purchased back around Thanksgiving, and I only got around to putting it in today. Put the stock battery back in and no issues. I would advise anyone with a GT4 to hold off until they can figure out what the real issue is.

And same as @CAL GT4 above, this fiasco burned out my front right indicator lamp. Glad nothing else was damaged as far as I can tell. Super dangerous as I was in traffic when the errors started popping up. The ignition cut out multiple times and the parking brake was engaging randomly. I managed to limp it back home safely.
a little weight savings is not worth your life
tigerhonaker (10-29-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
And the issues are not just isolated to the GT4. A google search reviewed problems in other forums dedicated to other car manufacturers.
Jake, I know you have a bee in your bonnet about your experience with us, but lets speak the facts... You bought the 30Ah battery which had the older BMS that was not updated for the GT4, we apologized that you wouldn't have known this, then we offered to get you the latest one and you declined. We paid shipping back to us and refunded you in full. We explained clearly to you that with the prior BMS in the 30Ah version of our battery it had settings that were more conservative and that would trigger flags in your car because the GT4s tend to put out a higher voltage than the 911s for whatever reason and our Lithium protections would kick in and the car would throw a flag. GT4s sometimes kick into the 15.5v range which was outside our protections. We explained we have seemingly resolved those issues with a newer BMS parameter settings and rarely encounter this problem anymore even in GT4s. So, as much as you would like to beat us up on this issue, you have not tried the latest battery yet you keep chiming in as if there is still a problem. We understand your frustrated, but you don't have to keep calling us out when we have worked to resolve this. I don't know if this is out of spite but it seems you keep posting in a negative way about us.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lawlence

Hey Law,

Chad said he spoke to you and you were using the 24Ah battery... and while we have never heard of a battery burning out a headlight or causing a ebrake to go on or off we would like to talk to you more. WE think the 24Ah will not be enough for the GT4... that is why we were suggesting the 40Ah model that has much more capacity. 24Ah if low on charge and put into sport mode is not alot of Amp Hours to run the sport mode since the car draws alot more energy in the SPORT mode. So we always suggest the 40Ah model. Anyway Chad will get you refunded or squared up your choice.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:10 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Jake, I know you have a bee in your bonnet about your experience with us, but lets speak the facts... You bought the 30Ah battery which had the older BMS that was not updated for the GT4, we apologized that you wouldn't have known this, then we offered to get you the latest one and you declined. We paid shipping back to us and refunded you in full. We explained clearly to you that with the prior BMS in the 30Ah version of our battery it had settings that were more conservative and that would trigger flags in your car because the GT4s tend to put out a higher voltage than the 911s for whatever reason and our Lithium protections would kick in and the car would throw a flag. GT4s sometimes kick into the 15.5v range which was outside our protections. We explained we have seemingly resolved those issues with a newer BMS parameter settings and rarely encounter this problem anymore even in GT4s. So, as much as you would like to beat us up on this issue, you have not tried the latest battery yet you keep chiming in as if there is still a problem. We understand your frustrated, but you don't have to keep calling us out when we have worked to resolve this. I don't know if this is out of spite but it seems you keep posting in a negative way about us.
I have nothing personal against you or the company, I got my refund and have no issues. But I do think people considering your product should know the full story before making a decision. So would you like to be so bold and refute what I posted, to which I will reply with enough links to embarrass the hell out of you or would you like to peacefully walk away and leave me out of it, and instead focus on your product ?
RolloGigolo (01-22-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:51 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

I've only had my antigravity battery in for about 3 weeks and maybe 30 miles now but so far so good. I bought the 60ah model and have an early build (2015) car.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:44 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jakermc
I have nothing personal against you or the company, I got my refund and have no issues. But I do think people considering your product should know the full story before making a decision. So would you like to be so bold and refute what I posted, to which I will reply with enough links to embarrass the hell out of you or would you like to peacefully walk away and leave me out of it, and instead focus on your product ?
Jake, hopefully this won't continue on, I have no idea what your talking about the "Customer should know the full Story before making a decision..." The full story is already posted here on this thread as well as in other threads on Rennlist. As stated in several threads, there was issue with our Battery Management protection system being kicked on when the GT4s hit higher voltages that exceeded what other Cars would normally put out, which was above 15v.... We were the ones on Rennlist explaining that we found that the GT4 puts out higher voltages than the 911 and was causing flags. We stated that in several different threads right when we noticed this issue. Then we then made changes to eliminate the issues.

Unfortunately, your statement of "I will reply with enough links to embarrass the hell out of you..." only proves that you have a extreme anger towards our company, and want hurt our reputation or something. I find it quite odd since we offered to replace your battery with the proper one with the updated BMS (which you rejected to even try) , and we fully refunded you, yet you keep trying to paint some negative narrative to our batteries when you have not even used the correct one yet. So please Post whatever you wish if this allows you to feel vindicated and provides the outlet you need to feel you have hurt us and relieves the pressure. We surely do not want to continue with this.

Last, I can only say that people can just go on RENNLIST and read all our past comments and see how we operate as the highly respected, trustworthy company we are. We've been a Vendor on Rennlist for close to 3 years, and have provided honest education on all he aspects of Lithium Motorsports Batteries community with facts and without hype or overselling. We are the most used Lithium Battery in the Porsche community by far for a reason, we do make excellent products that work, and the community trusts us. I've apologized for your situation of getting the wrong battery but I won't be bullied by threats about posting links. We are an outstanding company making some of the best products on the market, there may be and occasional glitch, as happened with he GT4, but we move on and fix it, and if anybody is unhappy we take care to make sure they get a full refund or are made happy with the correct product.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Jawnathin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 56 Posts

Hello, a few questions. This is for a 2016 Boxster Spyder 981. The OE battery is part number is 5K0 915 105 D. Picture below.

Does the Spyder have the same battery incompatibilities as a 981 GT4? They use the same drivetrain but possibly different electrical systems based on the Porsche technical bulletin found on post #44.

Which size battery is needed? Using your webpage it shows H7 but other sources say H5 is the correct size.

Which AH rating is required? Does that size and rating have the updated BMS?

To install, do I just pull the old battery and put in the new one? Or do I need to maintain electricity to the car while the battery is out? If so, what’s the recommended way and do you offer that accessory?

After installation, are any other steps or programming for the car required?

Last edited by Jawnathin; 01-25-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Hello, a few questions. This is for a 2016 Boxster Spyder 981. The OE battery is part number is 5K0 915 105 D. Picture below.

Does the Spyder have the same battery incompatibilities as a 981 GT4? They use the same drivetrain but possibly different electrical systems based on the Porsche technical bulletin found on post #44.

Which size battery is needed? Using your webpage it shows H7 but other sources say H5 is the correct size.

Which AH rating is required? Does that size and rating have the updated BMS?

To install, do I just pull the old battery and put in the new one? Or do I need to maintain electricity to the car while the battery is out? If so, what’s the recommended way and do you offer that accessory?

After installation, are any other steps or programming for the car required?

Hi Jawnathin, based on what you've sent and what I've found on the battery shown, this would be an H5 battery. That is a little odd though as just about any modern Porsche generally uses the H6, H7, and H8 as options for fitment from what we've seen..all of these including the H5 are the same in width and height but it's the length the just gets consecutively longer with each size and from what I see in most online guides the H7 or H8 is listed for the Boxster. So definitely some contradicting info out there if this is what is in your car. Can I trouble you to tell me where you came across the H5 as fitment? was it here in the forum or on another site by chance? In regards to compatibility, no issues like the handful we've come across with the GT4 that I'm aware of currently. Typically I would lean towards and H6-40-RS for something like this but please feel free to email me directly as well and we can dig a little further into it and see what the best option will be and also see if we can identify best fitment.
Best regards,
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Quick Reply: Lithium Antigravity Battery Review