Sponsored by: APR

DSC Sport Controller - GT4 Settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 08:45 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by DR.S
@mgordon18 thanks, but I´m still confused reading these quotes.
so what is the difference between the quoted "sport" and non-quoted "normal" ?

I guess copying the values for both modes (side by side) would be clear and more efficient discussing the differences in suspension response / behavior...
I'm not really sure what you're asking, but the above is all I got. It represents changes made to the original 718 GT4 file (from 09-02-2020) found on the DSC Sport website. Start with that, then slowly make all the changes written out above.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2021, 10:29 AM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

I really really really wish there was a feature to compare maps in DSC Sport: it would make map review and tuning so much easier...... I tried a few different software to compare to no avail.

Here's the file with what colnagoG60 and mgordon18 have discussed based on their tweaking: this is the 718 file from DSC Sport repository modified as discussed in post #146
Attached Files
Old 02-14-2021, 12:16 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Luca Paindelli
I really really really wish there was a feature to compare maps in DSC Sport: it would make map review and tuning so much easier...... I tried a few different software to compare to no avail.

When making changes from the stock file, its recommended to save the changes under a new file name (e.g. "settings.v2", "settings.v3", etc). As far as comparing, you could just open a 2nd instance of the tuning software, and open the respective files:
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2021, 12:20 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

For those who want to learn more about tuning settings, and using the software, DSC has turorial videos available...this one being a little more informative:

Old 02-14-2021, 12:20 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
When making changes from the stock file, its recommended to save the changes under a new file name (e.g. "settings.v2", "settings.v3", etc). As far as comparing, you could just open a 2nd instance of the tuning software, and open the respective files:
Yes, that's what I've been doing, but it's not as straight forward as you need to find the difference. What would be helpful is to export the numerical settings in a TXT format and then use something like notepad++ to do a an automatic side by side comparison that highlights the differences... Otherwise when comparing say two maps like the 981 and the 781 you'll have to go thought all the individuals settings and compare each individual one which is quite time consuming...
Old 02-14-2021, 12:37 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luca Paindelli
Yes, that's what I've been doing, but it's not as straight forward as you need to find the difference. What would be helpful is to export the numerical settings in a TXT format and then use something like notepad++ to do a an automatic side by side comparison that highlights the differences... Otherwise when comparing say two maps like the 981 and the 781 you'll have to go thought all the individuals settings and compare each individual one which is quite time consuming...
Fair enough. For those new to the settings, most changes are going to happen on the "GForce", "Shock Calibration", and "Velocity" tabs.

"GForce": I'd focus on the values in the "G Comfort Parameters" section

"Shock Calibration": Focus on the starting and ending values of the Front and rear...software will automatically fill in 1-99%. You will only need to enter the starting and ending values at 0% and 100%.

"Velocity": Here you will need to check the values in the shaded area for Comp and Rebound, for the "front and rear", but "Left and Right" are going to be the same. Historically, the "Travel Stops" section has always been "0s".
Old 02-14-2021, 01:57 PM
DR.S
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

What I mean is to post ALL the values of the three main tables (like in #122) for both modes.
I guess this is one step before what Luca is intending.
From my POV this would be more convenient to compare differences ...

Old 02-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

@mgordon18 thanks, but I´m still confused reading these quotes.
so what is the difference between the quoted "sport" and non-quoted "normal" ?

I guess copying the values for both modes (side by side) would be clear and more efficient discussing the differences in suspension response / behavior...
@DR.S you are aware that there are two suspension modes, "normal" and "sport" selected by the console button with the "shock damper" logo on the center console.

Each mode has a separate calibration or map, containing the same variables, but with differing values (contained in a single physical .ptds file).

When you are using the DSC app to modify a calibration file you can select which map to work with, "normal" (yellow background in app) or "sport" (red background in app), typically/conventionally
the "normal" map is configured with values that optimize for "comfort" and "sport" is optimized for handling.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:16 PM
DR.S
Banned

Thanks Larry, I know this all

As Luca mentioned, a tool which compares all values "at one time", would be very nice...

BTW, what is 9x1 with LNC ?
Old 02-14-2021, 05:22 PM
Luca Paindelli
Rennlist Member

As Luca mentioned, a tool which compares all values "at one time", would be very nice...

The LNC stands for "lunch control": this is a lunch control setting of the SUSPENSION, NOT THE CAR

It temporarily changes the setup of the shock to provide for better grip upon take off. You find it in the "Accel" tab with "Lunch start" and "Lunch end"

Old 02-14-2021, 07:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Sorry I misunderstood your question; you wanted to know the differences in the values between the maps themselves...
Old 02-15-2021, 04:38 AM
DR.S
Banned

YESSS

I looked yesterday once again in the maps and the differences between the modes are still not logic to me...
It would bring light into the dark, if there would be a "stock" map, i.e. a map with values like in the OEM controller.

Thanks Luca, I guess I would have understood "LC" as launch control...
Old 02-15-2021, 05:02 AM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 269 Posts

Lol, you’re going to have to take the time to build that tool yourself.
I extracted the values from my maps from my DSC to excel, and plotted graphs so that I could visualise the rate of change in damping, when making changes to my maps.
Ref OEM controller values, question has been asked before, DSC/TPC will not disclose, which is fair enough.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:12 AM
DR.S
Banned

TDT, feel free to share your Excel

For which reason should it be a secret to show the OEM values...

Last edited by DR.S; 02-15-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:03 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

OK, so I think I'm finally done...at least addressing all "my" issues/needs/wants. Anything different "for me" at this point is just splitting hairs, or slight changes in Shock Calibration (+- 100 at the soft end) to adjust for tire pressures/seasonal changes.

My last main change was in the "Default Rate" in the G-Comfort settings...lowered the stock file value to (10) and it removed that last bit of low speed abrasiveness I was getting in the rear. Car now has reduced accordion/gummy feel I was most recently getting (may or may not be a good thing in keeping tires on the road, but I feel more confident), and now has that firm/taught feel I was going for from the start. Mostly glad I got rid of the cabin jostling I didn't like from stock PASM. I'll probably drive in Sport 99% of the time and would switch to Normal on only "ongoing road construction bad" type roads.

Here are the changes, with my all-seasons at 33lbsF/36lbsR after 20 min ride to dealer on highway, with air at 54F (..and even though firm, still think it could handle some stiffer springs...YMMV):

DSC "718GT4_GRS_LNC_by TC_09-02-2020" file.

"Changes only" from above file:

* Normal *

Velocity:
Rear L/R Cmp-High, Cmp-Med, Cmp-Low: 6.0, 3.0, 0.0
Rear L/R Reb-Low, Reb-Med, Reb-High: 0.0, 3.0, 6.0

I've also updated these changes on the first post.

* Sport * (daily driving in this mode)

G-Comfort Parameters:
Default Rate: 10.0

Shock Calibration:
L/R Front: 1200 - 100
L/R Rear: 1300 - 500

Velocity:
Front L/R Cmp-High, Cmp-Med, Cmp-Low: 6.0, 3.0, 2.0

Rear L/R Cmp-High, Cmp-Med, Cmp-Low: 6.0, 3.0, 0.0
Rear L/R Reb-Low, Reb-Med, Reb-High: 0.0, 3.0, 6.0

Last edited by colnagoG60; 02-25-2021 at 05:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DR.S (02-27-2021)

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Controller - GT4 Settings