Old 10-29-2019 | 03:23 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default BBi Autosport White Porsche GT4 Track Prep Roll Bar Install

Attachment 1335528

BBi Autosport White Porsche GT4 Track Prep Roll Bar Install

Featured Install ➡️ We installed our BBi Autosport StreetCup Roll Bar / Schroth Racing Harness Safety Package for increased protection and proper restraint, and the was powdercoated in Gloss White to match the exterior. We have these bars in stock uncoated ready to be powdercoated or painted in any color. New dealers are weclomed and we ship worldwide!!! Here are some pictures that we would like to share below.

Vehicle Specifications
  • BBi Autosport StreetCup Roll Bar
  • BBi Autosport Sub-Belt Brackets
  • BBi Autosport Harness Bolt Kits
  • Schroth Racing Harnesses

BBi Autosport GT4 Safety Package Install

BBi Autosport GT4 Roll Bar

BBi Autosport Sub-Belt Brackets

Bar & Harnesses Installed

Finished Project

BBi Autosport 981 GT4 StreetCup Harness Bar

Key Features
  • Chrome moly steel tubing utilized for excellent strength to weight ratio
  • Modular construction to allow access to engine for servicing without removing entire roll bar
  • Shoulder harness mounting crossbar positioned at appropriate height as per Schroth's instructions
  • TIG welded and utilizes "X" braces on rear section for superior strength and rigidity
  • Mounts to frame structure and rear strut tower to provide strongest mounting points and maximum protection
  • Utilizes laser cut mounting plates & inner diameter tube clamps that are CNC turned and milled for a precise fit
  • Designed to work with stock or any aftermarket seats on the market
  • Minimal effect on seat travel to accommodate taller drivers
  • Can be used with stock seat belts or 6 point harnesses for track use
  • Designed to work with wrap-around style harnesses while optional eyelet bolt provisions are available for clip-in harnesses
  • OEM fit & finish. The main hoop contours entire arch of the roof with an even curve
  • Finished in satin black powder coat. Other colors available
  • Bolt-in installation requires no drilling and minimal carpet trimming

BBi Porsche 991 GT3/ GT3RS / Cayman GT4 Sub-Strap Mount

When equipped with optional Sport Bucket seats, this bracket is required to install 6-point race harnesses. This bracket bolts directly to the seat and keeps the harnesses at the proper 10-20° angle regardless of the seat position.

Features
  • Provides mounting location for sub-belts at the proper 10-20° angle regardless of the seat position
  • Precision CNC laser cut and bent from one piece high carbon steel for superior strength
  • Stylish design with laser cut BBi logo and durable satin black Powdercoat finish
  • Attaches to seat assembly using factory mounting points with all hardware included
  • Compatible with Porsche 991 GT3 and 981 Cayman GT4 models equipped with Sport Bucket Seats
  • Made in the USA

Product Link ➡️https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...b-belt-bracket

BBi Harness Install Kit

BBi Harness Install Kit included extended bolts to properly accommodate both the OEM seat belts and racing harnesses at the factory mounting locations on the 991 GT3 / 981 GT4 Sport Bucket Seats . This kit features metal sleeves fitted around the bolts so that the belt brackets can pivot freely on the bolt. Sold as a kit per seat.

Product Link ➡️https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...at-991-981-gt3

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 10-29-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Correct Color
Old 10-31-2019 | 05:45 AM
jpbacs12
Rennlist Member

Looks really well made
Old 10-29-2020 | 07:45 PM
donR
Pro

Looking at roll bar options for my Cayman, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this bar and how much does it weigh?
Old 10-29-2020 | 08:33 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Work of art!
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:17 PM
lawlence
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by donR
Looking at roll bar options for my Cayman, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this bar and how much does it weigh?
Great bar with perfect fitment. Not sure how much it weighs but they're all about the same for these cars. I was able to install it myself with without any help.
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:23 PM
donR
Pro

Originally Posted by lawlence
Great bar with perfect fitment. Not sure how much it weighs but they're all about the same for these cars. I was able to install it myself with without any help.
Thanks, what is the harness bar height like? I thought maybe it would be a little high for some seats? Thinking of going with the Recaro Profi SPG.
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:30 PM
lawlence
Rennlist Member

Thanks, what is the harness bar height like? I thought maybe it would be a little high for some seats? Thinking of going with the Recaro Profi SPG.
It's at the right level for me, I'm 5'6 with LWBs at nearly full low setting using the lower harness slot in the seat. The harnesses sit level with my shoulders with a neck restraint. I'm probably on the low end of driver height distribution, so the harness bar height should be fine for all applications.

I had a BGB bar previously (came with the car) that had the harness bar that goes over the center trim/carpet instead of through. That bar was far too high. That spurred my decision to purchase the BBi bar after doing a ton of research.
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:59 PM
donR
Pro

It's at the right level for me, I'm 5'6 with LWBs at nearly full low setting using the lower harness slot in the seat. The harnesses sit level with my shoulders with a neck restraint. I'm probably on the low end of driver height distribution, so the harness bar height should be fine for all applications.

I had a BGB bar previously (came with the car) that had the harness bar that goes over the center trim/carpet instead of through. That bar was far too high. That spurred my decision to purchase the BBi bar after doing a ton of research.
Thanks, the harness bar height does sound good and it looks like a really solid bar with the cross bracing. I regret not getting a car with the LWBs.

What is it like for visibility out the back noting I don't have a rear wing on my car? Also there are lots of trim pieces to cut. I notice some suppliers offer a trim kit and just wondering what the cost is for the trim parts? That rear carpet piece looks quite a lot to replace if you wanted to reverse the mod.

I guess my only other concern is whether or not there is any issues with servicing and engine access from the top with the cross bracing in the way?

Last edited by donR; 10-29-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2020 | 10:51 PM
lawlence
Rennlist Member

Thanks, the harness bar height does sound good and it looks like a really solid bar with the cross bracing. I regret not getting a car with the LWBs.

What is it like for visibility out the back noting I don't have a rear wing on my car? Also there are lots of trim pieces to cut. I notice some suppliers offer a trim kit and just wondering what the cost is for the trim parts? That rear carpet piece looks quite a lot to replace if you wanted to reverse the mod.

I guess my only other concern is whether or not there is any issues with servicing and engine access from the top with the cross bracing in the way?
No issues really with visibility. You still retain most of the rear window and look thru the top of the X.

The X can be removed for servicing relatively easily. 4 bolts and you're done, although I would probably remove the shock tower parts as well since it all needs to come apart for the cover to come out anyway.
The following users liked this post:
donR (11-04-2020)
Old 04-25-2023 | 05:07 PM
DomTheBomb
Rennlist Member

does this bar reduce how far back you can move your seat?

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport White Porsche GT4 Track Prep Roll Bar Install