Sponsored by: APR

Finally got my New GT4

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:38 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OpenWheelFan
Welcome to the GT4 family, @jcorderojr. I too researched, viewed and test drove many units, over many moons before pulling the trigger. The process took me about 7 months. ("Mine" ended up being located in Georgia and trucked to me in NorCal as part of the CPO deal.) I've had it exactly 1 year and two weeks now. Love almost everything about the car except the audio system, more specifically the hands free Bluetooth link to my iPhone. Volume doesn't increase as speed and cabin noise increases, unlike the radio tuner which has some sort of calibration device. This basically makes the functionality useless when driving. True, I didn't buy a GT4 to spend all day talking on the phone while in it. However, it would be nice to utilize the technology in hands free mode.

Curious - was your's a CPO?
Yes CPO
That was a requirement for me
Old 02-09-2019, 10:45 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Welcome to the GT4 family, @jcorderojr. I too researched, viewed and test drove many units, over many moons before pulling the trigger. The process took me about 7 months. ("Mine" ended up being located in Georgia and trucked to me in NorCal as part of the CPO deal.) I've had it exactly 1 year and two weeks now. Love almost everything about the car except the audio system, more specifically the hands free Bluetooth link to my iPhone. Volume doesn't increase as speed and cabin noise increases, unlike the radio tuner which has some sort of calibration device. This basically makes the functionality useless when driving. True, I didn't buy a GT4 to spend all day talking on the phone while in it. However, it would be nice to utilize the technology in hands free mode.

Curious - was your's a CPO?
CPO/LWBS/Full Leather/Leather steering wheel and shifter
Platinum wheels and XPel wrap (2/3)
That’s my build!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:51 PM
OpenWheelFan
Advanced

Nice, mine same except Agate with platinum stitching and belts. Appreciated the first owner doing Xpel bumper to bumper. CPO also a must from my vantage point but others make arguments to contrary. All depends on one's risk appetite.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:12 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Nice, mine same except Agate with platinum stitching and belts. Appreciated the first owner doing Xpel bumper to bumper. CPO also a must from my vantage point but others make arguments to contrary. All depends on one's risk appetite.
Platinum stitching here as well!!
i love agate!
My 2015 Cayman S which I recently sold was Agate as well as a previous Boxter.
Agate looks great on GT4!
It was my first choice but couldn’t find it with options I wanted.😞
Old 02-09-2019, 11:19 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Looks great! Congratulations
Thank you very much BryanCO!
i appreciate your helpful comments during my search👍
Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart
Congrats.

Regarding getting in and out of the LWB's. I find it helps a lot to move them all the way back each time I get out, and subsequently back in. The main issue is having to move your feet slowly to ensure you don't scrape against any interior pieces, especially Alcantara ones and moving the seat back just gives you a lot more room to prevent that.
And may I add.. The best way to protect your seats .... a shameless plug
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9579...er-covers.html

Originally Posted by jcorderojr

Thanks for the tip Gokart Mozart!
Also thanks for your help answering questions during my search process👍
Congrats!! White for the win
Best
Ed
Old 02-14-2019, 11:07 AM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the tip Gokart Mozart!
Also thanks for your help answering questions during my search process👍
Old 03-10-2019, 11:54 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Default Warm enough for nice ride

After my Epic drive from Calgary to WA state GT4 has been idle due to bad weather.
Well the sun is out and temps close to 50!
i took my car out for a 30 min ride on some curvy roads and I have to say that I LOVE MY GT4.
It is a beast.
i have a 2016 Spyder as well and when I was researching tne GT4 I was told by many not to get the GT4 because I already had a Spyder.
Well I’m glad I didn’t listen. They are so different in how they drive.
The GT4 is so planted and so stable that it feels like it’s on rails. I absolutely love it!!!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,331 Likes on 571 Posts

Congrats again and glad it's a "love fest"!

It's interesting to hear how different it is from the Spyder - and great that both cars provide some variety in experience. I might have to take the cover off today and go for a spin - it's also 50 here and we had hard rains that cleared the roads. Other than major potholes to avoid it would be a nice day for a ride!
Old 03-11-2019, 01:26 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 152 Posts

i have a 2016 Spyder as well and when I was researching tne GT4 I was told by many not to get the GT4 because I already had a Spyder.
Well I’m glad I didn’t listen. They are so different in how they drive.
The GT4 is so planted and so stable that it feels like it’s on rails. I absolutely love it!!!!!
Unlike you I had (past tense) a 2016 Spyder (without PCCB) and traded it for a new 2017 Targa 4S so my new wife could drive it too. We're keeping the Targa, but I really missed the NA experience so started looking to add either another Spyder or GT4 but this time with PCCB. Ended up taking delivery of a well optioned CPO GT4 about 10 days ago (couldn't resist having something new to me). My Spyder had Burmester and the Targa has Bose, and I don't find the GT4's audio a big complaint. It's much better than I expected it to be. Two of my favorite Porsches I've owned (RS60 Spyder and 2011 Spyder) had basic audio. Those were very low end compared to the GT4. I'm very happy also, and the only thing I'm curious about is whether to adjust one of both anti-roll bars if any changes might be more ideal for street only driving. I like grip but I also like the suspension taut but compliant especially over high frequency bumps. Something just a hair closer to the Spyder's X73 character would be ideal. I assume my GT4 is stock due to its low mileage but haven't looked to see which holes are being used, and don't know which are stock anyway. It's compliant enough as is but still curious to know what any adjustments may reveal. Ignorance (mine) is bliss!

Congrats on your find!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:39 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Thank you both!
My 2016 Spyder is my Sunday driver. Only comes out on Sunny Sundays. Top has never been up. Lives in a Carcapsule during winter. I only have 3k miles on it.
Tne exhaust sou d is intoxicating.

GT4 will be my pseudo daily driver.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:09 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by MidEngineRules
Unlike you I had (past tense) a 2016 Spyder (without PCCB) and traded it for a new 2017 Targa 4S so my new wife could drive it too. We're keeping the Targa, but I really missed the NA experience so started looking to add either another Spyder or GT4 but this time with PCCB. Ended up taking delivery of a well optioned CPO GT4 about 10 days ago (couldn't resist having something new to me). My Spyder had Burmester and the Targa has Bose, and I don't find the GT4's audio a big complaint. It's much better than I expected it to be. Two of my favorite Porsches I've owned (RS60 Spyder and 2011 Spyder) had basic audio. Those were very low end compared to the GT4. I'm very happy also, and the only thing I'm curious about is whether to adjust one of both anti-roll bars if any changes might be more ideal for street only driving. I like grip but I also like the suspension taut but compliant especially over high frequency bumps. Something just a hair closer to the Spyder's X73 character would be ideal. I assume my GT4 is stock due to its low mileage but haven't looked to see which holes are being used, and don't know which are stock anyway. It's compliant enough as is but still curious to know what any adjustments may reveal. Ignorance (mine) is bliss!

Congrats on your find!
Adjusting the anti-roll bars won't do much for how the car rides on the street significantly. Stock has them set in the middle of three holes, both front and rear. Are you finding the GT4 to ride more firmly than the X73? Because the X73 is a conventional shock (compared to the GT4's active shocks), many drivers find the X73 a bit more intuitive in how it rides.

Quick Reply: Finally got my New GT4