Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:38 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Independent of HP, if it's in fact 4.0L and with the X51 kit the performance should be pretty good......specially when we get to mod the car with a few aftermarket parts
I wish they keep the center exhaust but guess the new arrangement is better for airflow management under the car or at least leave that option for the race cars.
We are getting closer to know the facts from PAG......
Old 07-11-2018, 09:29 AM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 70 Posts

The secret to the launch date can be found in the song Higgs Boson Blues by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds...
Old 07-11-2018, 10:51 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

Not sure how so many think that the 4.0 motor will be equipped with the previous gen X51 kit. Just because 1 started it and got it repeated by others doesn't make it a fact.

Apparently at the last VLN weekend Manthey had somewhat of a tech talk discussing the new upcoming GT4CS: 420 hp & PDK. No mention if this hp upgrade was achieved on pure motor alone or with partial/full X51 kit.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:59 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 215 Posts

Hey Whoopsy, I know this is the GT4 thread, but, did you happen to get any info on the forthcoming related Spyder?

Feel free to respond in the 987 - 981 Forum / 982 GT4 Spyder? thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:47 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 239 Posts

These are all rumors and speculation, no hard facts, which is why someone will get a great deal on my track-ready GT4 up for sale!

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ack-ready.html

(shameless plug)

Old 07-11-2018, 03:08 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
These are all rumors and speculation, no hard facts, which is why someone will get a great deal on my track-ready GT4 up for sale!

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ack-ready.html

(shameless plug)

I live very close to you but my definition of a good deal and your might be too far apart at the moment. I'm looking for one in that color but you are north of where I want to get in to one at currently. I'm not in a hurry so I am just watching the market right now. There are 140 of them that I am tracking to get a better understanding of where the market is headed. Currently it is still a little too optimistic for me to plop down money.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:16 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Good idea! Wait pricing out until the fall when it could soften a bit. I would then recommend that you wait until fall 2019 to see if it softens more/or by then.

But watch out for tarrifs! If those get applied to the new GT4 and its price goes up 20%....well the current owners of your future car are getting paid to enjoy it for you in the meantime.

I say all of that in jest, but honestly, the sun is shining, GT4s are awesome and you're missing out. I look at the US market where cars are trading at or below msrp as a bargain. I had to pay 20%+ list for mine up here in Canada, and I got a great deal relative to the rest!

Whatever car you choose, enjoy it!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:17 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Not sure how so many think that the 4.0 motor will be equipped with the previous gen X51 kit. Just because 1 started it and got it repeated by others doesn't make it a fact.

Apparently at the last VLN weekend Manthey had somewhat of a tech talk discussing the new upcoming GT4CS: 420 hp & PDK. No mention if this hp upgrade was achieved on pure motor alone or with partial/full X51 kit.

if you read carefully my post I don't think or assume...at this stage I just hope!
And since a few people are fond of calling the GT4 a "parts-bin special" what better way to continue the tradition than bolting on those extra X51 kits that "MAY" be around PAG.
We are all just guessing here and trying to build the full picture from all the little pieces around.....unfortunately I think we will need to wait till the actual launch to really know the final configuration.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:19 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Good idea! Wait pricing out until the fall when it could soften a bit. I would then recommend that you wait until fall 2019 to see if it softens more/or by then.

But watch out for tarrifs! If those get applied to the new GT4 and its price goes up 20%....well the current owners of your future car are getting paid to enjoy it for you in the meantime.

I say all of that in jest, but honestly, the sun is shining, GT4s are awesome and you're missing out. I look at the US market where cars are trading at or below msrp as a bargain. I had to pay 20%+ list for mine up here in Canada, and I got a great deal relative to the rest!

Whatever car you choose, enjoy it!
Yeah...that's kind of the gamble I am taking at the moment. Sitting on my hands waiting for the numbers to get a little better may not work out well for me in the end. It all largely hinges on what's coming in Q3 of 2019. I could either get a bargain or get priced completely out of ever owning one.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:22 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
most important: When we will be relieved from the GT4 (base model) guessing game?

When it will be presented/introduced?
Check out my post from March 30, a time of heightened turbo speculation. It's mostly all there, timing and all.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:26 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

We talk about a power bump from 385 to 420hp. My 981 gts puts down 340 hp with no problem, the one gt4 i drove struggled to put down the increased tq and hp. Was I driving a bad example. If not, how well is the 420hp+ going to be put down, or maybe whoopsy can comment?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by venom51
I live very close to you but my definition of a good deal and your might be too far apart at the moment. I'm looking for one in that color but you are north of where I want to get in to one at currently. I'm not in a hurry so I am just watching the market right now. There are 140 of them that I am tracking to get a better understanding of where the market is headed. Currently it is still a little too optimistic for me to plop down money.
I consider a good deal for both parties is a number that neither one is happy with. If tariffs on German cars is enacted, my price just goes up. For now it's negotiable. I'd love to make a nice, easy local deal with someone who will care for this special ride as much as I have.

Make me an offer and let's get you behind the wheel. You're missing out on miles of fun!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:37 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I consider a good deal for both parties is a number that neither one is happy with. If tariffs on German cars is enacted, my price just goes up. For now it's negotiable. I'd love to make a nice, easy local deal with someone who will care for this special ride as much as I have.

Make me an offer and let's get you behind the wheel. You're missing out on miles of fun!
I still need a little time. This would be a cash deal and I am just shy of having what I would offer, plus what I would have to hand GA in taxes, in a liquid state at the moment. You are decidedly on the shortlist. We are actually looking for one with the 18 way seats option but sometimes you have to make a sacrifice. The wife may just have to sit on a pillow.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by mithiral67
We talk about a power bump from 385 to 420hp. My 981 gts puts down 340 hp with no problem, the one gt4 i drove struggled to put down the increased tq and hp. Was I driving a bad example. If not, how well is the 420hp+ going to be put down, or maybe whoopsy can comment?

Thanks
It's not gonna be a problem. The only knock on the previous gen GT4 is that weak long 2nd gear. The increased HP will take care of that. Driving style also dictates 'how'. Watch your throttle input, don't mindlessly mash it. As they say squeeze the throttle.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Hey Whoopsy, I know this is the GT4 thread, but, did you happen to get any info on the forthcoming related Spyder?

Feel free to respond in the 987 - 981 Forum / 982 GT4 Spyder? thread.

Thanks in advance.
There shouldn't be too much different, would be the same like the old GT4/Spyder.

GT4, Spyder and the ClubSport all runs the same engine anyways.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?