Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Seat Angle Adjusters are now back in stock and ready to ship out! : )
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Tplgt4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my GT4 without LWBS for comfort reasons but I ordered my 991.2 GT3 with the LWBS after reading this and speaking to John. So pumped!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:21 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tplgt4
I got my GT4 without LWBS for comfort reasons but I ordered my 991.2 GT3 with the LWBS after reading this and speaking to John. So pumped!
Glad I could help you out Rod! When's your estimated delivery date? : )
Old 11-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

If anyone in the DC area has installed these on their seats I would really love to try sitting in them. I am considering getting a set and would just like to see how the end result feels before buying if that can be arranged with anyone.

thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Have the washer fitment issues been resolved? With the kit I received, I couldn’t tighten the bolts down and had to leave them loose, and the bolts would back out slightly as I moved the seat up and down. I just bought my own new flat washers and spring wavy washers to resolve the issue.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:08 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,137 Likes on 606 Posts

Have the washer fitment issues been resolved? With the kit I received, I couldn’t tighten the bolts down and had to leave them loose, and the bolts would back out slightly as I moved the seat up and down. I just bought my own new flat washers and spring w
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1008...ing-curve.html
Old 11-30-2017, 02:41 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shandingo
If anyone in the DC area has installed these on their seats I would really love to try sitting in them. I am considering getting a set and would just like to see how the end result feels before buying if that can be arranged with anyone.

thanks
Great chatting with you via PM! I hope we can work together sooner than later and make this happen for you

If anyone local to our friend Shandingo can lend a hand with arranging a "test sit" it would be greatly appreciated. If you can make it happen, give a me a shout if you are ever in Florida and we will meet up with dinner/drinks on me!

Originally Posted by Mech33
Have the washer fitment issues been resolved? With the kit I received, I couldn’t tighten the bolts down and had to leave them loose, and the bolts would back out slightly as I moved the seat up and down. I just bought my own new flat washers and spring wavy washers to resolve the issue.
Originally Posted by 4carl
Have the washer fitment issues been resolved? With the kit I received, I couldn’t tighten the bolts down and had to leave them loose, and the bolts would back out slightly as I moved the seat up and down. I just bought my own new flat washers and spring w
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1008...ing-curve.html
Marty/Carl, thank you both for your dedication to the community here on Rennlist, it is a breath of fresh air to see members such as yourselves that are dedicated to support and educate fellow members in product purchases for their cars. Be assured we are here first and foremost as fellow Porsche owners that cherish these cars and this community, and make it our personal goal to exceed the expectations of everyone we work with trying to maximize their driving experience. For your reference/concern, the very few who have had installation concerns/issues with our SAA's we have worked efficiently and quickly to address it and have them fully enjoying the product and their car as our top priority. I'm happy to say that to my knowledge, every one of our SAA's installed are performing as advertised with the utmost enthusiasm from the owners, and we fully expect that to continue throughout their driving experience in years to come.

That all being said, both of your recommendations when we've chatted on the phone have been absolutely superb! As with any product we offer, if we find a way to make it even better we will pursue further R&D to accomplish that without hesitation. Apple does this consistantly with their IOS software updates, as do we while we strive to offer the best niche products for the GT platform we love and specialize in. You both have been instrumental in a revision to make this particular product just that much better for the community, and for that I give you both major kudos and the utmost respect! I look forward to working with you both in the future to support the Porsche community, and provide the education and quality solutions that we all deserve. You both have my cell, and at any point in time please feel free to shoot me a text/call to chat as it would be great to catch up and discuss some future developments we have in store with some educated/skilled individuals such as yourselves.

In the event anyone has any questions or concerns I may not be privy to, my cell is 484 883 6197 and you can text/call me at any time. You are my priority! I will be available to you with few exceptions, of which I can only imagine I'm sleeping (I'm a night owl, no time is too late!), on the other line, on track, or getting a death stare from my wife (happy wife happy life lol)

Thank you all so very much for your continued support and business! You all have been fantastic, and we are beyond ecstatic that our seat angle adjusters have been so incredibly well received by our fellow "Porschephiles" : ) We can only expect and prepare for our upcoming product releases to be so successful, which I'm sure you'll all enjoy as well! If there is anything we can do to make your thoughts and wishes a reality with your Porsche, do not hesitate to give me a call. We are not by any means limited to developing precisely engineered metal that changes the comfort/usability of your seats haha ; )
Old 12-02-2017, 01:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I had BBI install these in my GT4 and RS...LOVE the angle and my Hans doesn't touch the headrest now. Felt a little weird at first but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I had BBI install these in my GT4 and RS...LOVE the angle and my Hans doesn't touch the headrest now. Felt a little weird at first but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
Give Jerry my best the next time you see him, and I'm very happy to hear you are enjoying them : ) If you have any pictures of your seats now that they are installed (with or without you in them) I'd love to get some pictures in here at some point : )
Old 12-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Nudenut
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine being installed on Tuesday
Old 12-15-2017, 11:46 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nudenut
Mine being installed on Tuesday
Excellent! How do you like the difference so far? : )
Old 12-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Nudenut
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Excellent! How do you like the difference so far? : )
Make a huge difference thanks John, as others have said, this allows the angles and adjustment that should come from factory, many thanks !!
Old 12-19-2017, 12:43 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

am I reading correctly that at the lowest adjustment the front of the seat is 1.7" taller?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nudenut
Make a huge difference thanks John, as others have said, this allows the angles and adjustment that should come from factory, many thanks !!
No problem, and thanks for the feedback I'm glad you like it! : )

Originally Posted by MJG911
am I reading correctly that at the lowest adjustment the front of the seat is 1.7" taller?
I would say that's about right, although keep in mind the seat is pivoting so it doesn't quite feel like if the seats were to simply come with the front that much taller.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:56 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

hi john,,,please let me know how much shipped to me in italy...
thanks

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS