Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

Clubsport WRL '24 Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 03:50 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
We run a Honda TCA in GP2 as well, definitely not a slum class! It's a fun car, and it would be great to see the competition grow in GP2. We've made the podium a few times with the car this year, and the only thing holding it back from winning are the brakes (we're working with HPD on a better ABS module and cooling upgrades).
Were you guys running it at COTA this year? If so I was driving the other Honda TCA car. Despite our other issues encountered with the powertrain, we did sort the brakes, which had us removing the Wilwood/HPD front setup altogether and developing our own cooling system. Happy to share any tips that made the brakes last all race with plenty of pad life to spare. I'll likely switch back to my BMW E36 for GP2 duty next year though as it's more robust, but I do have love for the Honda TCA.

Agreed with the PWR formula vs. BoP in WRL (although I think FWD cars should get a modifier break). Lack of time in the pits and clean driving still wins these races, so I think you're going about it with the right mindset. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your CS RS out there!

Last edited by Jickel180; 12-20-2023 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:04 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jickel180
Were you guys running it at COTA this year? If so I was driving the other Honda TCA car. Despite our other issues encountered with the powertrain, we did sort the brakes, which had us removing the Wilwood/HPD front setup altogether and developing our own cooling system. Happy to share any tips that made the brakes last all race with plenty of pad life to spare. I'll likely switch back to my BMW E36 for GP2 duty next year though as it's more robust, but I do have love for the Honda TCA.

Agreed with the PWR formula vs. BoP in WRL (although I think FWD cars should get a modifier break). Lack of time in the pits and clean driving still wins these races, so I think you're going about it with the right mindset. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your CS RS out there!
We were the other Honda car at COTA! :P We were in the hunt for a podium there, but had a hub failure. If it wasn't for the need to do a full brake change every day, we'd likely be challenging for the win in GP2 instead of 3-4. Since we've got a few other team mates that run sprints with Honda TCAs, we've got direct line to HPD (I guess HRC now) and are working with their engineers to come up with a better solution for the brakes that they can also homologate. Your setup looks good, but we may try the TC car setup which is 'OEM' ABS with the factory Brembo caliper setup.

Let us know what races your planning, maybe we can pit around each other and make sharing data/help easier!

Last edited by shizzle; 12-20-2023 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2023, 10:38 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
We were the other Honda car at COTA! :P We were in the hunt for a podium there, but had a hub failure. If it wasn't for the need to do a full brake change every day, we'd likely be challenging for the win in GP2 instead of 3-4. Since we've got a few other team mates that run sprints with Honda TCAs, we've got direct line to HPD (I guess HRC now) and are working with their engineers to come up with a better solution for the brakes that they can also homologate. Your setup looks good, but we may try the TC car setup which is 'OEM' ABS with the factory Brembo caliper setup.

Let us know what races your planning, maybe we can pit around each other and make sharing data/help easier!
Nice, lookin forward to seeing what you guys end up with! We saw your car 3 wheelin’ in the paddock otw to the garage as we were pushing ours into the trailer. The race was shaping up to be a good battle between our cars for 4th/3rd but our car threw the serpentine belt which overheated the engine blowing the head gasket. Oh well you race and learn.

Hopefully we’ll see y’all at Barber again, but I’m thinking we’ll bump the Honda down to GP3 pending the 2024 rule release.

Otherwise I’d be interested running with you guys at COTA in GTO. I’m the guy that talked to you guys about running an RS3 TCR car but obviously I’m still interested in GT4 CS cars too

Old 12-21-2023, 02:38 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jickel180
Nice, lookin forward to seeing what you guys end up with! We saw your car 3 wheelin’ in the paddock otw to the garage as we were pushing ours into the trailer. The race was shaping up to be a good battle between our cars for 4th/3rd but our car threw the serpentine belt which overheated the engine blowing the head gasket. Oh well you race and learn.

Hopefully we’ll see y’all at Barber again, but I’m thinking we’ll bump the Honda down to GP3 pending the 2024 rule release.

Otherwise I’d be interested running with you guys at COTA in GTO. I’m the guy that talked to you guys about running an RS3 TCR car but obviously I’m still interested in GT4 CS cars too
I'll PM you my contact information. We're planning for Barber, hopefully we'll be running the TCR, GT4 and GP2 car.
The following users liked this post:
Jickel180 (12-21-2023)
Old 01-01-2024, 01:47 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Happy New Year! Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in running with us. We'll be holding a video conference for interested drivers later this month. This will give everyone a chance to meet a few people from the team, and Q&A for drivers. Those that have sent their emails will get an invite directly (we won't send the invite directly to those who only sent their DM). If you are interested in attending and haven't sent your contact and driving history information already, please DM it to me and we'll send you an invite.

Quick Reply: Clubsport WRL '24 Campaign