Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

transmission fluid change interval

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021 | 12:08 PM
zracer196
Racer

Originally Posted by jbaker136
I can see why you would want a shop to do the clutch side because of the PIWIS fill procedure, and no harm with that if the shop you use knows what they are doing and has a PIWIS that they will actually bother with using. IMHO, the PDK clutch side fluid is easy to change and can be done without a PIWIS. Drain, fill till it comes out, put in fill plug. Start the car and let the engine idle, hold the clutch fluid cooler pipe until it gets warm (About 3 to 5 min), remove fill plug and top off till fluid runs out again. It is about as simple as the gear oil. You can refer to the planet 9 link previously in this thread and or watch the youtube video on the process if you decide to DIY the clutch fluid as well. Good luck.

Jeff
Well this sounds pretty easy! I will think about it...At the same time make sure I don't screw up an expensive PDK! Thanks for the time!!!!!
Old 06-17-2021 | 12:06 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Do the oil drain plugs need to be replaced each time the differential fluid is changed? Also appears there’s a sealing ring for the filler screw that gets replaced each time. Is this correct?
Old 06-20-2021 | 06:39 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scott40
Do the oil drain plugs need to be replaced each time the differential fluid is changed? Also appears there’s a sealing ring for the filler screw that gets replaced each time. Is this correct?
I do 15 oil changes a year. I bought a copper and aluminum cheap gasket kit on the Bezos network......

Quick Reply: transmission fluid change interval