Notices

Does the maintenance plan transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
priapism
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the maintenance plan transfer?

Hi, we picked up a used 2013 Boxster a few months ago. The car had a 4-year prepaid maintenance plan on it.

The dealer we brought it to for our first service said the maintenance plan does not transfer from owner to owner unless it is sold via a Porsche dealer. He said once it goes through an outside dealer the maintenance plan is removed. They made us pay ~750 or so for the service out of pocket.

The brochure on Porsche's website says simply "The coverage goes with the vehicle, so even if you trade or sell your car before the plan expiration, coverage continues for the remainder of the term selected."

Does anyone have any specific information or experience in this area?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Dealer1671Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi sir. Yes the PSMP (Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan) as it's called transfers from owner to owner regardless of how the exchange takes place.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:51 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

If a person does fact checks with a salesman you will soon realize they will make things up given a chance. Do your homework and hope you can remember it. I had a friend once that was a car salesman. He would fall into that mode and not even realize it. I'm still shaking my head.

Quick Reply: Does the maintenance plan transfer?