Notices

Quick Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016 | 05:37 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Default Quick Jacks

I've been looking at the how to lift your Porsche threads and went off and bought a second floor jack, pucks for locating the jacking points and searching for jackstands. Then I came across the Bend Pack Quick Jack BL-5000XL. It's a little pricey at $1340 but it hydraucally lifts the car straight off the ground in seconds and once the lift struts go over center and after placing a safety plate in place then becomes a very stable work place. Bend pack makes several types of this jack so be careful with the lifting platform width as they very. I have a 997.2 and the center to center lift pad length is driving me to get the BL-5000XL. My question is "Does anyone have experience with this jack"? Pro/Cons would be helpful. Thanks
Old 02-06-2016 | 04:15 PM
OpieT
Racer

I have the 5000XL. Perfect fit for my 997.2 GT3 and for my garage situation. Great at the track too. I had the 5000 before for my M3.
Old 02-08-2016 | 04:10 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Default Itchy trigger finger

Thanks for the reply. I was encouraged by your mentioning how well the BL-500XL fit your 997.2. I'm about to pull the trigger and place an order. Who did you order from and how well did it arrive? Any problems with orders of lengthy delays? Was the price inline with the $1340 price I've seen?
Old 02-08-2016 | 05:53 PM
OpieT
Racer

Originally Posted by Frogman
Thanks for the reply. I was encouraged by your mentioning how well the BL-500XL fit your 997.2. I'm about to pull the trigger and place an order. Who did you order from and how well did it arrive? Any problems with orders of lengthy delays? Was the price inline with the $1340 price I've seen?
I purchased mine from Summit Racing, free shipping. It arrived in two boxes on a 1/4 pallet. Looked like it was dragged through a recent battle, but everything inside was perfect. $1340 is the right price, haven't seen it go on sale. At the time I ordered, it was in stock. I called them first.
Old 02-08-2016 | 06:01 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Originally Posted by OpieT
I purchased mine from Summit Racing, free shipping. It arrived in two boxes on a 1/4 pallet. Looked like it was dragged through a recent battle, but everything inside was perfect. $1340 is the right price, haven't seen it go on sale. At the time I ordered, it was in stock. I called them first.
That's a good idea. I've ordered from Summit before and they seem to do a good job. If I had the room I would have ordered a two post lift but my garage is not big enough. I will primarily be using it for cleaning wheels, brake maintenance and oil changes.
Old 02-08-2016 | 06:24 PM
OpieT
Racer

That's a good idea. I've ordered from Summit before and they seem to do a good job. If I had the room I would have ordered a two post lift but my garage is not big enough. I will primarily be using it for cleaning wheels, brake maintenance and oil changes.
Exactly the case for me as well. Wish I had the environment for a two post, but I have to say this thing is really better than two post for me because it's portable. I am very pleased. The XL is crazy heavy by the way, that picture of the guy carrying it around on the packaging must be incredibly strong.
Old 02-08-2016 | 06:30 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Exactly the case for me as well. Wish I had the environment for a two post, but I have to say this thing is really better than two post for me because it's portable. I am very pleased. The XL is crazy heavy by the way, that picture of the guy carrying it around on the packaging must be incredibly strong.
I hear what you're saying but he doesn't look too happy.
Old 02-09-2016 | 12:58 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

I bought one (5000XL) on a Black Friday special from the manufacturer but haven't set it up yet due to the cold weather. Seems perfect for those of us with lower ceilings and little space. Hopefully I can test it out soon.
Old 02-10-2016 | 01:57 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Originally Posted by Eric5280
I bought one (5000XL) on a Black Friday special from the manufacturer but haven't set it up yet due to the cold weather. Seems perfect for those of us with lower ceilings and little space. Hopefully I can test it out soon.
I just called Bend Pack and they tell me they have eliminated the BL-5000 and the BL-5000XL in favor of an upgrade to the new BL-5000XLS. The price is the same $1340.
I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger.
Old 02-10-2016 | 10:58 PM
OpieT
Racer

Looks like a significant upgrade. Cool.
Old 02-11-2016 | 04:15 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Looks like a significant upgrade. Cool.
Well after reading thru the data sheet on the BL-5000SLX to verify that this will be dimensionally correct for our 997.2 I placed my order. I wanted to make sure the mods they made for the upgrade didn't affect the alignment with the jack points on the 997.2 and they didn't. They say improvements have extended the block trays for better functionality and they also allow the blocks to be placed closer to the wheels duing setup. I'm not sure if this applies to my car or not. I think I will most likely place the lift pads inplace on my jack points and let the lift platform come up to them.
Old 02-11-2016 | 10:28 PM
OpieT
Racer

Well after reading thru the data sheet on the BL-5000SLX to verify that this will be dimensionally correct for our 997.2 I placed my order. I wanted to make sure the mods they made for the upgrade didn't affect the alignment with the jack points on the 997.2 and they didn't. They say improvements have extended the block trays for better functionality and they also allow the blocks to be placed closer to the wheels duing setup. I'm not sure if this applies to my car or not. I think I will most likely place the lift pads inplace on my jack points and let the lift platform come up to them.
Who did you order from? Would like to see some pics or video from your experience.
Old 02-14-2016 | 05:37 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Who did you order from? Would like to see some pics or video from your experience.
I ordered them from BendPak Ranger in Santa Paula, Ca. I'll display images and more when the units arrive. I cant's wait to see how they work.

http://www.quickjack.com
Old 02-16-2016 | 09:19 PM
OpieT
Racer

I ordered them from BendPak Ranger in Santa Paula, Ca. I'll display images and more when the units arrive. I cant's wait to see how they work.

http://www.quickjack.com
Old 03-21-2016 | 04:36 PM
Frogman
Track Day

Default Well the rain finally quit.

The rain kept me inside for too many weekends. I was very excited to finally get out the Quick Jacks and give the 997.2 a lift. While it was raining however I took the opportunity to make a couple of storage clamps to keep the jacks out of the way when not being used. I, like I'm sure many of you, have limited space in my garage. I fabriacated clamps from 2" steel channel, one inch steel square tubing and all thread to hold it together.
Attached Images        

Quick Reply: Quick Jacks