Diecast C4S at Sam's Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Bill Coleman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diecast C4S at Sam's Club

Shopping at my local Sam's Club this weekend I found a stack of Maisto 1:18 scale diecast cars. I ended up buying 2 of them, a Carrera 4S and a Lamborghini Gallardo. They're pretty nicely detailed, and best of all, they were under $10 each!

I'm toying with with idea of selling them on ebay, but I'll probably just keep them instead. I'll try and post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Bill Coleman; 08-25-2003 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 343 Likes on 152 Posts

Good Old Sam's Club.......I use to be in the model car business, Fast Lane Scale Models. I would buy models from the major distributor's at wholesale prices, usually $12-$13 for a 1/18th scale with a suggested retail of $20+. It's hard to compete with a giant like Sam's when they retail them for $10!!! You know they are probably paying 5 or 6 bucks for them! But they're buying truckloads or railcar loads of them. Makes it tough on the little guy. Kinda like Home Depot putting the mom and pop hardware stores out of business. Oh Well...........
Old 08-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Our Sam's club would have a shipment of 1:18 cars in once a year. I've purchased some pretty nice models there for cheap. Nothing really old (classic), though.

The funny thing is...occasionally I'll stop by a Wal-Mart or Target or some other cheap like store and I'll find a nice selection of interesting models. Hot Wheels recently put out a matchbox sized (but very detailed) version of the 1970 Le Mans winning 917. How cool is that!?!?

I'm always looking...
Old 08-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Bill Coleman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checking ebay it looks like selling the Gallardo isn't such a good idea - by my count there are 23 for sale, and only 1 bid on any of them! But that's OK, I really wanted to keep them anyway.

There are also a suspiciously large number of Maisto 1:18 Carrera GTs for sale on ebay - I think I'll have to go back to Sam's Club and look throught the pile a little closer.

They were some Cayenne Turbos for sale as well, but I still haven't warmed up to the full size version, so I passed on that one.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:01 PM
JeffES
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found a couple of great Maisto models at "KB Toys"... including the C - GT!!
J

Quick Reply: Diecast C4S at Sam's Club