Notices

vendor feedback: VERY poor experience with maxspeed motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM
xxaarraa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vendor feedback: VERY poor experience with maxspeed motorsports

recently had a very poor experience with maxspeed motorsports and it was poor enough that I wanted to post a review here.

I got 997 C2S wheels for my 996 C4S and needed spacers to account for the widebody offset. Went on maxspeed and ordered a kit. It was $180 something. Arrived and upon unpacking, I noticed it was packaged poorly. The set screws were missing - these screws hold the spacer on the hub while you mount the wheels on, and ensure a flush fit which is critical to avoid vibrations. The kit also had an extra wheel stud of the wrong size. Whatever, not as big of a deal as the previous issue, but still you wonder about the level of care that went into packaging an order.

I called maxspeed and explained the situation. To my utter surprise, there was no "sorry" but in fact a "can you go ahead and email me the issue so I don't forget" I was staggered. I wasn't expecting a full-on apology but even a casual "sorry for the inconvenience" would have been nice and par for the course.

I emailed the person. 3-4 days went by and nothing. I emailed them again for a status and they said "the spacers went out today" But they could not provide any tracking number. Still no apology. For the first time in the whole transaction, I expressed my frustration with their service and immediately, the tone of the vendor worsened and they said "send the spacers back and we will refund you" Which I clearly refused since I wasn't about to jack the car up, take the wheels off and return the spacers for no fault of mine. All I wanted was for them to fulfill the order that was placed and ship everything I paid for.

1-2 months have passed since then and I never got the missing parts. Totally arrogant and totally shoddy customer service. Beware.

Quick Reply: vendor feedback: VERY poor experience with maxspeed motorsports