Notices

A Sloan Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012 | 02:05 PM
ammo
4th Gear

Default A Sloan Story

I was weary about selling my Porsche with Richard Sloan at sloancars.com after reading some of the bad reviews, but had to call him myself and see whom this guy was with always had the best Porsche's in his garage. Maybe it was his brash NY attitude that I felt familiar with or just his no b.s. contract or the ease he made it to pickup my car in an enclosed car trailer. So I decided to go for it. I was called by Richard the minute the car touched down in his showroom and he honored my every neurotic Porsche request made. The amount of attention the Porsche gained was unbelievable and in less then 2 weeks it was sold. My bank was notified the minute the transaction was made and the funds where cleared. In the end my experience was fantastic, my only problem was the anxiety I caused myself from other reviews. If you are thinking about selling or buying a car through sloancars.com I recommend picking up the phone and calling him.
Old 03-19-2012 | 02:10 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Can you tell us more about your car? 993, 964, 930??? Did you try selling on your own?
Old 03-19-2012 | 02:48 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Interesting first post...
Old 03-19-2012 | 03:50 PM
ammo
4th Gear

Default Car and first post.

It was for my 911. I own several rare Porsche. If anyone wants to know more specific detail on the car just contact me directly.
Old 03-21-2012 | 05:17 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by e6tme
Interesting first post...
+2
Old 03-21-2012 | 09:04 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

+3
Old 03-21-2012 | 09:23 PM
plambert
Instructor

Will we see more info? Details? Inquiring minds...
Old 03-22-2012 | 04:44 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plambert
Will we see more info? Details? Inquiring minds...
I bet we won't see much further info on ammo's "valuable" contribution.
Old 03-23-2012 | 05:35 PM
ammo
4th Gear

Default Haters

Could someone clue me in on why this board is so negative? I am long standing member of the 356 registry and 911 registry. I have been collecting old model Porsche for about 10 years and have enjoyed the car comaraderie rather then the d bags that some newer model sports have along with them. Please guys don’t let this board become something Porsche is not. This coming from a guy who is still under 40.
Old 03-23-2012 | 06:59 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ammo
I was weary about selling my Porsche with Richard Sloan at sloancars.com after reading some of the bad reviews, but had to call him myself and see whom this guy was with always had the best Porsche's in his garage. Maybe it was his brash NY attitude that I felt familiar with or just his no b.s. contract or the ease he made it to pickup my car in an enclosed car trailer. So I decided to go for it. I was called by Richard the minute the car touched down in his showroom and he honored my every neurotic Porsche request made. The amount of attention the Porsche gained was unbelievable and in less then 2 weeks it was sold. My bank was notified the minute the transaction was made and the funds where cleared. In the end my experience was fantastic, my only problem was the anxiety I caused myself from other reviews. If you are thinking about selling or buying a car through sloancars.com I recommend picking up the phone and calling him.

Could someone clue me in on why this board is so negative? I am long standing member of the 356 registry and 911 registry. I have been collecting old model Porsche for about 10 years and have enjoyed the car comaraderie rather then the d bags that some newer model sports have along with them. Please guys don’t let this board become something Porsche is not. This coming from a guy who is still under 40.

Hi and welcome to RL!

If you had taken the time, in your first post, to write more about you or your cars and less about a car seller, you would have received an entirely different response.

And, if I may add, your post wouldn't look like one made by said dealer's first cousin..

Now that we cleared that up, please post some pics of the 911. Comrades love them! : )
Old 03-28-2012 | 08:23 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
If you had taken the time, in your first post, to write more about you or your cars and less about a car seller, you would have received an entirely different response.
Just to help you along a little, here is a very good example of a typical introduction:

Originally Posted by palmfish
Hello fellow enthusiasts.

After many years of BMW ownership, I've decided to jump ship and join the Porsche fray.

My first BMW was a 1987 (E30) 325is, which I dearly loved. This was a car that was easy to drive with terrific balance and feedback, easy to work on, and built like a tank. It was also a great car for learning high performance driving with it's forgiving handling and manageable power. Since it had a decent back seat and trunk, it was also a fine 2nd family car for when my wife was at work and I was home with the kids.

I stuck with this philosophy for many years, though I traded the 325is for a fully restored 2.5L 1988 E30 M3. Although I have always wanted a 911 and knew I would eventually own one, the M3 was the best choice at the time because it was a significant performance upgrade over the 325, while still retaining the positive virtues (balance, fun, back seat, etc.).

Well fast forward to Feb. 4, 2012 and my brother paid me a surprise visit while on military leave. Of course he had to take my M3 for a spin after hearing all about it for several years. I think you know where this is headed - he spun it into a ditch. I warned him about it, but he was still surprised by 240hp in a 2700 lb car with no safety nannies. Fortunately, nobody was injured, but the frame was bent and insurance declared it a total loss.

I battled with my insurance for over a month negotiating a settlement and finally reached an agreement with them. I could have bought the salvage and put it back together, but I knew it just would never be the same to me again. Instead, I let a good friend who owns a shop nearby buy the salvage - he's always loved the car and he has the energy and means to bring it back to it's former glory. Me? After the insurance battle and driving my mom's minivan for a month, I just feel defeated.

On the bright side, I see this as the opportunity to leave the backseat and trunk behind and finally try on a 911. My daughter starts driving next month and I've already picked up an inexpensive car for her (a BMW E30 318i, manual of course), so with that move, I could even get a 2-seater if I really want. And there's my problem - indecision. .........
Old 05-04-2012 | 08:04 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Had a guy screw me in a car sale. Every time someone wants to buy a car from him I speak out. Suddenly, a now poster comes on with a comment on how honest and great this guy was. OTOH, I had talked to the State AG's office, and they wanted to prosecute. The new poster was a shill.

We just don't know you. I believe you, but I don't know you.

Quick Reply: A Sloan Story