Notices

Porsche to Move USA Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011 | 12:32 PM
WallyP

Rennlist Member
Rennlist Site Sponsor

Default Porsche to Move USA Headquarters

Porsche reportedly plans to move their USA headquarters from Sandy Springs, an upscale suburb on the North side of Atlanta, to an abandoned Ford assembly plant in Hapeville, a downscale suburb on the South side of Atlanta. This will move approximately 150 good jobs from Sandy Springs to Hapeville.

In addition, Porsche reportedly will build a training road course at their new headquarters, similar to the one at Silverstone. Porsche customers will be able to take driver training on their new vehicles at the course, at a cost of several hundred dollars per day.
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:40 PM
blown 87
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

On the bright side, they will have all the ten dollar hookers and crack heads they could ever want.

Some of those north siders are going to be in for a shock.

All I can suggest is that they keep one in the chamber at all times, and keep it close.
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:42 PM
James Bailey
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh my, VW is moving them to the wrong side of the tracks.......and for some adds 25-30 MILES to the commute.....test track sounds fun several hundred per day does not.
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:44 PM
bronto
Drifting

Urban renewal?
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:46 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blown 87
On the bright side, they will have all the ten dollar hookers and crack heads they could ever want.

Some of those north siders are going to be in for a shock.

All I can suggest is that they keep one in the chamber at all times, and keep it close.
Hookers and blow.. The world's cure-all.
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:47 PM
blown 87
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronto
Urban renewal?
Uh, no, and it is way past decay around there in places.
Spots very close to there that I am not sure I would go to after dark with a SWAT Team, but at least the SWAT teams know the area well.
Old 05-11-2011 | 12:55 PM
mickster
Race Car

Originally Posted by AO
Hookers and blow.. The world's cure-all.
Time for the Charlie Sheen car!
Old 05-11-2011 | 01:06 PM
robot808
Rennlist Member

VW punishing Porsche for the take over bid?
Old 05-11-2011 | 02:06 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Originally Posted by James Bailey
Oh my, VW is moving them to the wrong side of the tracks.......and for some adds 25-30 MILES to the commute.....test track sounds fun several hundred per day does not.
25-35 miles on the commute = 1-2 hours additional travel time each way depending on time of day in Atlanta traffic. Just sayin...
Old 05-11-2011 | 02:44 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Why oh WHy in ATL? They film 50% of all car commercials where I live out here in Inyokern California. It would be cheaper for operations. There are all kinds of room for tracks and new buildings, and although we had a murder 3 weeks ago, its HIGHLY Unusual!!!! Usually its some kind of cow mutilation.
Old 05-11-2011 | 03:44 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

I was pretty happy when they were handy in Reno. Later hour meant a better chance of getting parts the next day too. In Atlanta they close in the middle of our afternoon.
Old 05-11-2011 | 03:46 PM
mickster
Race Car

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Why oh WHy in ATL? They film 50% of all car commercials where I live out here in Inyokern California. It would be cheaper for operations. There are all kinds of room for tracks and new buildings, and although we had a murder 3 weeks ago, its HIGHLY Unusual!!!! Usually its some kind of cow mutilation.
NOTHING in California is cheaper for business...taxes and insurance alone are insane. When I was with Nikon we closed our Torrance warehouse and repair facility and just kept some offices in El Segundo (service and support stayed-warehouse moved to UPS Logistics). Just dealing with California Labor Law is reason alone not to base in CA...and it's 10 hours from Germany instead of 6.
Old 05-11-2011 | 05:00 PM
inactiveuser1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robot808
VW punishing Porsche for the take over bid?
My friend told me years ago I owned a Glorified Volkswagon;guess that is only true if I ever buy a new one.
Old 05-11-2011 | 05:31 PM
bronto
Drifting

Originally Posted by mickster
NOTHING in California is cheaper for business...taxes and insurance alone are insane. When I was with Nikon we closed our Torrance warehouse and repair facility and just kept some offices in El Segundo (service and support stayed-warehouse moved to UPS Logistics). Just dealing with California Labor Law is reason alone not to base in CA...and it's 10 hours from Germany instead of 6.
All true. OTOH, I have coworkers across the country and they seem to lose around 1-2 weeks a year due to weather related issues. I don't recall ever having one. Haven't had an earthquake related issue since the Northridge quake in the early 90's.
Old 05-11-2011 | 10:53 PM
James Bailey
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Detlev von Platen the current president of PCNA is an avid private pilot and his kids probably go to the private Atlanta International School which is where many of the children of the Expats are schooled. So being next to the airport makes sense and no worry about any public school issues. They do hold all the training schools at PCNA so cuts their students travel time....plus night time entertainment could be much less expensive.

Quick Reply: Porsche to Move USA Headquarters