Notices

Four Post Car Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
redcarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Post Car Lifts

I am looking to purchase a four post car lift for my home garage. Because of space limitations I am looking at narrow moldels that are 100" - 105" wide. I am considering either Dagmar D-7 or Bend Pak HD-9ST. Does anyone have an opinion on either one if these or know of better lifts for the price.

Is there anyone in the Greater Toronto Area that has one of these or a similar model installed in their garage that would be willing to demonstrate it to me? Much Appreciated.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would suggest asking this in the Racing/DE forum.
Lots of past posts on lifts (single, dual and 4 post)....lots of experience in that forum.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Need to be careful of mirrors and in and out with a narrow lift.

Also check out:
garagejournal.com
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the Bend Pak 4 Post lift in the narrow version and it works great. I called the manufacture in California and they directed me to a local distributor in CT who referred me to an installer. They shipped him and he delivered and installed it for me. I have my 997 tt on top with my Boxster on the bottom.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
redcarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I have the Bend Pak 4 Post lift in the narrow version and it works great. I called the manufacture in California and they directed me to a local distributor in CT who referred me to an installer. They shipped him and he delivered and installed it for me. I have my 997 tt on top with my Boxster on the bottom.
Is there any particular reason you went with Bend Pak? Did you consider any other lifts? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I did some research on line, read a number of forums on the topic and went with what most people felt met their needs. I'm certainly no expert but I'm happy with my choice. My objective was pretty simple, park two cars in one space with a highly reliable safe parking system.

Quick Reply: Four Post Car Lifts