Notices

Watches? Fire@rms?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it should be moved to the sporting goods forum so we can discuss it with the gun enthusiasts.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys, there are about 75 forums on this site. Of those 60 or so are strictly cars. Watches, firearms and Porsches are all fine mechanical things. It comes as no surprise that Porsche enthusiasts want to share their interest in such things with their Porsche owning pals.

Consider that jmq posted this topic in the 964 forum. What exactly does this have to do with the 964 I wonder?

Thread moved to "General" Forum.

Regards,
Bob, I don't know you or have much experience with you or your posts/style. I might point out however that I (not Jim) in fact posted this thread in the 964 forum and would not have done so had you not posted 'stickies' at the top of the same forum heralding your 'Watches' and 'Firearms' forums. What do THEY have to do with the 964...or Porsches...or even bloody cars for that matter???

You adopt a sarcastic and condescending tone and yet have no reason to do so. I expect it is purely defensive.

Hmm are you saying that Porsche enthusiasts have no interests besides cars? Could be kinda boring don't you think?
This is such a pathetic argument and a condescending statement as to not warrant a direct response. Sorry to lose the struggle in retaining my manners but it truly irks me when people don't think before they make a statement.

Apologies and I'll step down now....
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys, there are about 75 forums on this site. Of those 60 or so are strictly cars. Watches, firearms and Porsches are all fine mechanical things. It comes as no surprise that Porsche enthusiasts want to share their interest in such things with their Porsche owning pals.

Consider that jmq posted this topic in the 964 forum. What exactly does this have to do with the 964 I wonder?

Thread moved to "General" Forum.

Regards,
Read before you post next time.
Geez we got along just fine in the 964 forum with Marc watching over us. Lighten up Francis and leave us alone
Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IB has obviously sent out their troops to stem the flow of RL members to other website...it is not working!

So, now RL is the "fine mechanical things forums" website?

Who's idea was it to let all Moderators moderate all Forums?????????????????
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Read before you post next time.
Geez we got along just fine in the 964 forum with Marc watching over us. Lighten up Francis and leave us alone

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post of the Year!

Just another Internet Bungle.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Are Rennlist moderators paid? Just curious. I'm sure they weren't when John and Jen were running RL, but now that it's owned by IB, I was wondering if they became employees or continued as volunteers.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

jmq thanks for the polite response. Speaks to character. Uv too. Thanks. Manny, mods and admins are unpaid. We take this abuse for free
Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jmq thanks for the polite response. Speaks to character. Uv too. Thanks. Manny, mods and admins are unpaid. We take this abuse for free
Respectfully Bob, Manny brings up a good point. I can't quite understand why certain mods have been behaving in an manner not characteristic of their own established online personalities as well as that of the Rennlist of old. I'm not sure about others, but I have a hard time figuring out the motivation to be an unpaid moderator in this "evolved" Rennlist. JMHO
Old 01-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

jmq thanks for the polite response. Speaks to character. Uv too.
Rob, how you can question the 'politeness' of members is beyond me. Rather than meet the concerns voiced by members with a polite response you have instead chosen to be sarcastic or have simply disregarded said concerns out of hand. If you were less defensive and a tad more professional then perhaps the majority of responses would be different. I think its 'ok' for people to question changes to the site, if they didn't then it would show that they had ceased to care.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I was just curious. Obviously in PCA, it's a non profit organization with a small handful of employees. I've been told that NASA is a for profit organization and have wondered how many volunteers/employees they have at an event.

My theory in volunteering has alway been simple. If it's fun, do it. If it is no longer fun or a source of stress relief, walk away. So far I'm having alot of fun in PCA.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Attitudes like this will not help IB's bottom line come decision time on renewing memberships. This post has probably made the decision alot easier for me after 5 years of membership. Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 01:50 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hang on guys. I can't say much right now, but will you consider a third alternative? Let's just say there's some interesting things cookin'.

You've seen what I am willing to do with an ordinary screwdriver...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
hawk911
Race Car

I like it here, and don't stray much from the 964 board unless it's to get a fix of some CGT or 964T pics. Just the same, I find it odd that a car enthusiasts forum also has watches and firearms. Kinda reminds me of cable TV- you get 2000 channels to choose from, but not much worth watching on 1990 of them.

seriously- if I want a forum for something non-Porsche related, I'm probably on another site already.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Who's idea was it to let all Moderators moderate all Forums?????????????????
I don't know.
I would suggest sending a PM to John D.
I am sure he will be able to provide the answer.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not set up your own forum...it's not hard. I did it in 20 minutes for our little driving club. I also don't market guns, jobs, or toilet paper either.

This place has a great wealth of knowledge (Porsche related) and is a shame to lose it...but with the big corporation only concerned with profit...this place WILL go downhill. IB has no passion for what this forum stands for....

Quick Reply: Watches? Fire@rms?