Old 09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Cassandra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by future
Roll on November 2009 ...

... And every other month for that matter
Thanks

Now that my family flew back out of town today, I can refocus on the calendar. I'll hopefully have the qty field for checks and cash in today, and Leslie, I'll be in touch with how to access those orders.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ! I have bought mine again this year, and am looking forward to February 2010 already !!!! Thanks to all the WOR !
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Cassandra
Thanks

Now that my family flew back out of town today, I can refocus on the calendar. I'll hopefully have the qty field for checks and cash in today, and Leslie, I'll be in touch with how to access those orders.
Thanks, Cassandra!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:56 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG-BRO
Wow ! I ... am looking forward to February 2010 already !!!!

She makes great cookies, too!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Red_Envy
Instructor

Kristy and Angela !! WOW ! How U doing? But seriously, gr* job! Congrats to whoever came up with this idea!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Cassandra
Instructor

Quantity field is up for those who want to order more than one calendar via check/cash!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

How we doin'?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Miss March = WOW!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 6mil928
Me too. If not for a cross post I would have had no idea this was going on.
This year things are a little different at RL since John is not at the helm anymore, so the easiest way to announce the calendar was with an ADMIN sticky at the top of every major forum. Sometimes folks don't look at the ADMIN stickies.... I know I am at fault for that myself...............

I think Leslie is doing a great job with the cross posts and trying to keep the calendar on the forefront. Y'all know how you can help her? If you see her Cross post sliding down the page, just give it a little Bumppy Bump back up to the top..... I know she'd appreciate it... we'd all appreciate it... and the KIDS would REALLY appreciate it the most!!!

Come on WOR !!!! Get your Pom Poms out and start cheerleading !!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
6mil928
Race Car

Location: No where Oklahoma AKA "The Dust Bowl" In The Arm pit Of Hell

Great advice JoAnne
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

<*donning pom poms*>

Rah Rah, Biff Boom Bah!! Order a Calendar, no matter who you ah!

(Yeah, ok, the rhyme sucks...but whaddya expect on two seconds' notice?? )
Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 AM
perrys4
The Lady's Man
Rennlist Member

Maybe you all should have showed more pom poms......

Just throwing out an idea for next year....
Old 09-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, Kevin and I have been talking about the lack of interest this year......we've only got a bit more than $2000 in the Paypal account so far...and we think we have a good idea for generating more sales off the list.

What if I do a flyer/poster thing with a shot of the kids surrounded by thumbnails of the 16 photos, and a small write up about the good work that Rennwish is doing, with little tear off stubs at the bottom giving the ordering website. How many of you (not just our calendar girls, but any or all of you!) would be willing to take such a thing around your area and maybe post it on the bulletin boards of your local grocery markets, liquor stores, convenience stores, small auto parts stores, laundromats, pizza places and the like? We have this really nice convenient ordering system this year thanks to Cassandra, and the calendar has come out so much better this time around, and I have Kevin and Katie to help me do the shipping....I feel we can handle getting a lot more than 500 out the door.

How many of you have forwarded the website around to your family and friends? I've sent a write up to everyone on my contact list, just about....if you want to use the text I used, feel free to ask, and I'll forward the email to you.

We're thinking that just advertising to Rennlist is a good effort, but more can be done. Much more. We need to get the word out to more than just our own bretheren (and sisteren (sp??))...and the end of the ordering window is fast coming upon us.

WE HAVE TO DO MORE!! I have to do more. This is not enough...I feel we can do much, much better. This is a fabulous calendar this year, and we should be able to increase sales over last year, since it's our second year in publication....and instead, it's flopping.

Who else is willing to help? We need more mouths speaking up and spreading the word. WE NEED HELP. THE KIDS NEED OUR HELP!!

Cassandra, any chance your publisher would be willing to print something up? If not, that's perfectly understandable...but I'll do it on a regular color printer, if necessary... And I think we may need to extend the ordering window beyond the 10/1/08 deadline a bit. A lot of girls have gone to a lot of trouble to get this calendar together, we should be going to at LEAST that much effort to get it sold too.

So who's with me? If there is ANYONE who is willing to take such a notice around your area, please send me a PM with your address, and one way or another I'll make sure you get something to hang up.

Thanks!
Leslie
Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM
PJ-Fla
Intermediate

Mel is about to place our order, he has been busy with work & wanted to ensure he had his tally correct before he finally ordered ours.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
PJ-Fla
Intermediate

I think thats a great idea Leslie. I would want to be willing to put it at my work but it'd probably not go over too well. Its a really upscale retirement home & unfortunately, I imagine that many of the elderly lady clients might not view the calendar pics with the same level of enthusiasm that others would. I can just hear the cackling hens! Now the men residents, they would most certainly love it!

Quick Reply: 2009 Women of Rennlist Calendar Now On Sale