Notices

Which Porsche personality type are you?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wrench crowd is not represented. How about tinker/ restorer? Someone that enjoys fixing them up as much as driving them.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Mulberry
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on my "mood", LOL:
Monday:Top Guns
Tuesday:Elitists
Wednesday:Proud Patrons
*Thursday:Bon Vivants
*Friday/Sat/Sunday:Fantasists
Old 05-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got a dealer book for the 968 intro that talks about this 'personality type'. It's really neat, they showed how they tailored the print ads to appeal to the different personality types.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Emma
AutoX

Ooooooooo that cud b useful! im doin this portfolio on Porsche's communications, cud u giv me an example of this?thanx
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who are you?

Top Gun...is there any other way? When people ask what I drive, I smile...then someone else fills them in...I don't belive much in "brands." However, ever really look at that Civic or Camero at the stop light? The focus and detail that goes into our P-cars is so apparent in design compared to our super-mass-produced-jelly-bean-fart-can brothers, that I feel like I'm part of a family. Plus, with a slightly modded 951, I can roast anything off the line, up to 150mph, (don't even think about a challenge on the skidpad), or anything that the road/track can throw at me. We are a part of a heritage that will never die, because moddin' out a PORSCHE is like Michalangelo and a blank canvas. A.G. does its best for mechanics, then we the "artists" refine our 'David.'
Old 05-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based upon categories suggested, top gun / fantasist. What a great car!

Scott
Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Thats easy all of them.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:40 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 788 Likes on 413 Posts

Hmmm, tough one?!? A little of the fantasist, but I kinda fit more what guns951 said.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:12 AM
mach-hog
Intermediate

Emma,

Interesting question... How about a category called "harmonist"?

... as it pertains to the harmony of design. Function and form uniting to appeal to one's perception of quality. (I mean quality in the "metaphysics of Quality" sense, from Pirsig's Lila and ZMM.) These are quality automibiles and deliver quality in value for money and performance and aesthetics.

Ciao

Mach-hog
Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Sumflow
Instructor

Location: Hawaii ~ The driver smiled, when he lost the car in pursuit..
Lightbulb Middie Driver

The first time I bought a Porsche was because I was looking for a Middie and I could not find a Lotus in decent shape. I never even considered a Porsche until some English Can-Am driver came testing out at Willow Springs, in a 917, and broke the all out lap record formally held by a formula car. Later when the PCA came out to the track, I softened up a little to the idea of the 914 being a Porsche.

For about the next twenty years my everyday car has usually been a mid-engined sports car of some kind. German, Italian, American. I never did own a Japanese Middie. Years later as a shareholder in what is now Porsche AG, I came across a study used by Porsche, for a new product Porsche was considering. It had a psychographic profile categorizing Porsche owners into five personality types.

Porsche is merging with VW, so I recently sold off a few shares and am now happily driving a mid-engined Porsche again. Of course it is a great car, but really about average for mid-engined cars, driven on the street daily. I have never driven a Middie that was not great fun. I run the Boxster as a Roadster, with the top down all of the time.

I have to fall into the last group, my first Porsche was de-tagged. I am still the same person. A Boxster feels like just any other mid-engined road car to me.
Originally Posted by porcupine
Because i am a driver
Because I am a Middie driver.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 AM
cruzbritt
4th Gear

I’m torn between Top Gun and a Fantasist. A little of both I suppose.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Art lover
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Pochi.X
Advanced

Proud Patrons and Fantasist.

Even though I don't own a Porsche, that what came up to my mind right now when I remember the 2006 VW passat that I sold and I feel bitter about selling it, was a decent car and lots of memories were made in it, as to me a car is a part of my personality.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

I don't know what category I am. Perhaps you can help me out.

This is our second 6 speed Boxster S. The first was a 2004 which was totaled in 2008 (a woman hit us from behind at a stoplight going 50mph). Ruby was orient red metallic with beige seats. Slick is platinum silver with beige seats and has lots of high tech goodies. Not planning on tracking the car...been there, done that, got it out my system.

We just got back from a 1700 mi trip thru Utah. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. My main complaint is the seats are hard when driving awhile; hopefully they will soften up over time.

The car handles and corners beautifully. And with 310 bhp we had no trouble passing anything in 5th gear. The turning bi-xenon headlights are great. We have 3800 mi on the car and no problems. It has taken me awhile to explore all the amazing things the NAV does (our first nav system) amd it is great.

Bottom line is I want a reliable car that is fun to drive. Practical for trips with two storage areas.

The notice factor is moderate where I live as there are many Pcars here. See dozens every day. Mostly Cayennes and 911s. One other Boxster in town that I know of. My neighbor just got a new Spyder which is also Platinum Silver.

Owning cars is important to me and it is an important part of my life. Having nice cars and keeping them nice is a major hobby.

So what category am I?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Sumflow
Instructor

Location: Hawaii ~ The driver smiled, when he lost the car in pursuit..
Lightbulb one who drives

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
We just got back from a 1,700 mile trip.
A car is just a car..

Quick Reply: Which Porsche personality type are you?!