Notices

Porsche XXX Meet Pics

Old 03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche XXX Meet Pics

No, not THAT kind of XXX... the root beer and burger kind.

Yesterday (Saturday, 12-Mar-05), there was an "unofficial" p-car meet held at the XXX Rootbeer stand (http://issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm) in Issaquah, Washington. (Just East of Seattle).

Well, a few of us here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, were a little bored and decided to head down for the event. It all started when Rich Sandor sent out an email at 5pm the night before, asking if we wanted to leave at 6AM on the trip.

Well, we went, and it was a blast.

I've posted some pics of the event on-line, at http://porsche.jeffgrant.com/xxx if you're interested.

...jeff
Old 03-13-2005, 10:05 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

very cool. looks like a good time

That's one helluva car you got there!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

Michael
Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Curt911
Pro

Nice GTG!

was one of your fenders repainted or is it just the pics, it looked like a slightly different shade!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I gotta move to BC...
Old 03-13-2005, 11:21 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hitbyastick
That's one helluva car you got there!
Thanks... not many people have heard of a DP 935, but you can read more about it at https://rennlist.com/forums/911-turbo-930-forum/181039-1982-dp-935-information.html

...jeff
Old 03-13-2005, 11:24 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Curt911
Nice GTG!

was one of your fenders repainted or is it just the pics, it looked like a slightly different shade!
If you're referring to my car, it was probably dirt. :P The whole car has awesome paint, and has a pretty well flawless paint job on it, except for some curb-chips on the front air dam (it used to be 2.5" lower than it is now).

...jeff
Old 03-14-2005, 12:45 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Man I gotta move to BC...
LOL

Yeah, and I won't rub it in by telling you that it was 18 degrees (Celcius) and sunny for most of the trip... windows down, sunroof open, tunes.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by jgrant
If you're referring to my car, it was probably dirt. :P The whole car has awesome paint, and has a pretty well flawless paint job on it, except for some curb-chips on the front air dam (it used to be 2.5" lower than it is now).

...jeff
must have been the light, car looks great, I have driven one that belonged to a friends mother (who ended up with it in a divorce with her Lawer Ex, what a deal! he should have kept his johnson parked to keep the 935 I guess)

I took it up I-75 one night to speeds of around 160 (I was a bit younger then, I would have topped it out now! ....j/k, I have grown up) and I did rub the air dam a few times just on dips in the road

Does yours have adj. boost?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:03 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Curt911
Does yours have adj. boost?
Yep... right now, I have a bit of an over-boost problem... 1.4bar if I push it too hard. (Goes in to be looked at on Thursday).
Old 03-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

WOW - nice gathering! I particularly like the 944 with the 968 mirrors and door handles - except that the red B pillar does not look right - it should be all black. And then that blue 968 Cab is awesome, too! Maybe that's my favorite in those pics.

I admit I'm a little biased towards front engine Porsches, but do love them all! The slant nose is certainly very rare and interesting.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

LOL

Yeah, and I won't rub it in by telling you that it was 18 degrees (Celcius) and sunny for most of the trip... windows down, sunroof open, tunes.

Rub it in....I haven't been able to drive my car for4 months now and probably have another month to go before she comes out of storage....
Old 03-15-2005, 11:15 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear that... I actually drove out to Calgary for business at the end of January, and it was AWESOME there... nice and warm, no snow, etc. You must really itch to get the car out on days like that, assuming you park it for the winter.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear that... I actually drove out to Calgary for business at the end of January, and it was AWESOME there... nice and warm, no snow, etc. You must really itch to get the car out on days like that, assuming you park it for the winter.
Yup, car is parked for the winter and it's usually an agonizing wait to get it back on the road, however the wait is being made a bit less painful as the slippery slope elfs have been calling this week with news saying my new wheels, Race tires and exhaust will be arriving next week...

Sorry for the hijack but the wait has been painful...
Old 03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Yup, car is parked for the winter and it's usually an agonizing wait to get it back on the road, however the wait is being made a bit less painful as the slippery slope elfs have been calling this week with news saying my new wheels, Race tires and exhaust will be arriving next week...

VERY cool. Meanwhile, the joys of driving mine means that it now goes in the shop tomorrow to replace a rear wheel bearing that's starting to go. *sigh*

Seems like they cost you money whether you drive them or not, eh?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche XXX Meet Pics