Notices

Marketplace spam

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 10:37 AM
ernbu
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Marketplace spam

Has anyone noticed an uptick in marketplace spam? I’ll ask a question on something for sale and get
messages from random users that the item is still available and I should email them or text them. So annoying.
Old 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by ernbu
Has anyone noticed an uptick in marketplace spam? I’ll ask a question on something for sale and get
messages from random users that the item is still available and I should email them or text them. So annoying.
Its best practice to never ask questions/comment on items that you're genuinely interested in.... in public view on the forum; always PM.
I had a guy in recent past try to do the same thing..... different number than the original direct reply from the seller, different user name "Oh, this is my work phone, and Im logged into another account right now" I sent his a$$ 20 miles away to a Western Union, with a promise the funds would be available. Following text from him was an image on location of the Western Union. My reply back was GFY, and sent him a photo of Big Black.

Is it annoying to get spam messages... yes, but you can flip the script on these ppl with little to no effort, and the fun factor when they take the bait is worth it to me

Last edited by BoxKing; 11-17-2023 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:38 AM
ernbu
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Dude, that is awesome! I think I’m going to do that as well.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:41 AM
SPoole
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had it happen this morning. Different user sent me a message saying his inbox was full on other account. Reached out to him via text and immediately felt like a scammer. He wanted me to send money right away and we didn't even discuss price. Also, said it was his work phone.

Quick Reply: Marketplace spam