Notices

Porsche Auto Insurance Notice of Non-Renewal

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 10:51 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 396 Posts

Got my renewal notice in California a couple of days ago.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:40 PM
carboy2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in AZ. On December 9th I received a letter from Porsche Financial Services (PFS) notifying me that my Porsche Auto Insurance policy would not be renewed. My policy expires 1-18-24. I have had no at fault insurance claims. I called PFS a couple of days later and was notified that Spinnaker Insurance was no longer underwriting insurance. In each state, the Insurance Commissioner must approve the cancellation letter. Evidently Arizona was the first State to approve and thus we are receiving the letters first - but everyone insured with Spinnaker will eventually get one.

PFS explained that they have already identified a new insurance underwriter for Arizona and that I would be contacted in about two weeks for a renewal option with a new underwriter and typically a minimal price increase.

Today I received a letter from PFS and a $500 gift card apologizing for the non-renewal of insurance. My insurance expires on Jan. 18th and I have not received any notice for a renewal option with PFS.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
nesposito
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

carboy2 I'm also in AZ and went through the exact steps you outlined. My policy is due 1/12. I had called and they explained to me that I would be able to renew with the new company they are using to underwrite in AZ which is Cimarron. I spoke to them last week, got the request to upload odometer photos to close out my insurance with Spinnaker and they said they'd call me on 1/10 to get payment of my premium. You will be able to renew if you want to in AZ.
The following users liked this post:
carboy2 (01-14-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 08:07 AM
Fast-Eddie
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 82 Posts

I just received Notice of Non-Renewal dated Jan-26, for my Porsche Auto Insurance Policy which expires Feb-28..... letter mentions Spinnaker. Seems like this is now hitting Texas as well.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:36 PM
danramos
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast-Eddie
I just received Notice of Non-Renewal dated Jan-26, for my Porsche Auto Insurance Policy which expires Feb-28..... letter mentions Spinnaker. Seems like this is now hitting Texas as well.
Did you get to renew under a different carrier? I just got the non-renewal letter, also in Texas. So weird I got the non-renewal letter 4 days after getting a renewal declaration page for my current policy starting on June 2nd 2024 using Spinnaker as the carrier.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2024, 12:36 PM
ajhun9
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danramos
Did you get to renew under a different carrier? I just got the non-renewal letter, also in Texas. So weird I got the non-renewal letter 4 days after getting a renewal declaration page for my current policy starting on June 2nd 2024 using Spinnaker as the carrier.

Thanks.
A little off topic, but does Porsche Insurance only cover Porsches or will they take other vehicles on the same policy? The website keeps erroring out when I put any other vehicle into the quote. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2024, 10:54 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ajhun9
A little off topic, but does Porsche Insurance only cover Porsches or will they take other vehicles on the same policy?
You can insure other vehicles as well....Phil

Quick Reply: Porsche Auto Insurance Notice of Non-Renewal