driving gloves - wtf

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 09:18 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by othertbone
Hope it didn't ruin your entire day
nah, i guess i get to see both sides of the spectrum between high end luxury and the down and dirty. im always waving hi to people driving what im in, and yes there are some stuck up snob at times. as for the flip flops comment, yes ill wear them in the summer when driving the jeep with the doors off and, even with the my foot out side on the step. personally i prefer the reef ones with the bottle opener built into the bottom. i just dont get it, the same person can be just as much of a snob and have the same actions/mannerisms/aura, as the guy i spoke of the first comment, but for some reasons, the driving gloves just make it stick out like a sore thumb and gives off a totally different perception.

Old 04-13-2023, 04:32 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

In the enchanted realm of OpenRoadia, few travelers have ever experienced the mystical power of the heated steering wheel when riding their flying carriages under the moonlit sky. The chill of the night air can cause fingers to become encased in frost, but magical driving gloves offer a solution, warming the entire hand as if enveloped in a cozy embrace.

Soaring through the crisp Arizona night, the wind whispering secrets of the desert, I anticipate the day I obtain these enchanted gloves. As I pass the occasional fellow traveler (and the ever-vigilant skyward patrol), I cannot help but imagine their reactions. Perhaps, with a friendly wave to a curious blue-winged observer, I'll inadvertently reveal my enchanted gloves, setting off a chain of events that will lead me on an unexpected adventure, I just hope that dang skyward patrol's Captain Underpants doesn't get in too much of a twist seeing my driving gloves.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-13-2023 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:21 AM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

cute did the chatgpt write that one
The following users liked this post:
porsche.earth (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 01:44 PM
thescratt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I come from an era when you don't wear gloves when working on an engine, and you spend 30 minutes trying to scrub oil and grease out of your fingernails at the end of the day.
And you still have oil around your nails for a couple of weeks after....

I wear boots and gloves when racing. But nothing else..
porsche.earth (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 07:30 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Originally Posted by cyruz
cute did the chatgpt write that one
Once upon a moonlit evening, a cab driver with a penchant for magic summoned his AI pals for an adventure. With a mischievous grin, he tossed a word salad into the ether, hoping to create a masterpiece. The AI buddies, eager to please, weaved the words into a tapestry of delightful absurdity, causing laughter to echo through the digital realm.
Originally Posted by thescratt
I come from an era when you don't wear gloves when working on an engine, and you spend 30 minutes trying to scrub oil and grease out of your fingernails at the end of the day.
And you still have oil around your nails for a couple of weeks after....

I wear boots and gloves when racing. But nothing else..
Our daring cab driver, known for his top-down high-speed exploits, often pondered the purpose of the extra seats in his vehicle. He embraced the minimalist philosophy, believing less was indeed more – driving at 150+ mph with the top down, without gloves or a helmet. Despite his reservations, the driver understood the importance of balance, even if it meant keeping the seats in place.

In a world filled with unseen dangers, the driver became increasingly cautious of the chemicals he encountered. He mulled over the idea of using gloves to protect his hands while working, considering the long-term impact on his health. Perhaps, he thought, it was time to make a change – a small step toward a safer and more balanced existence.

And so, the cab driver continued his journey, embracing the magic and whimsy of life, always seeking balance and mindful of his well-being. The AI pals watched over him, ready to lend a hand or weave a word salad whenever the call for magic arose.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-13-2023 at 08:09 PM.
thescratt (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 08:57 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche.earth
Once upon a moonlit evening, a cab driver with a penchant for magic summoned his AI pals for an adventure. With a mischievous grin, he tossed a word salad into the ether, hoping to create a masterpiece. The AI buddies, eager to please, weaved the words into a tapestry of delightful absurdity, causing laughter to echo through the digital realm.
Our daring cab driver, known for his top-down high-speed exploits, often pondered the purpose of the extra seats in his vehicle. He embraced the minimalist philosophy, believing less was indeed more – driving at 150+ mph with the top down, without gloves or a helmet. Despite his reservations, the driver understood the importance of balance, even if it meant keeping the seats in place.

In a world filled with unseen dangers, the driver became increasingly cautious of the chemicals he encountered. He mulled over the idea of using gloves to protect his hands while working, considering the long-term impact on his health. Perhaps, he thought, it was time to make a change – a small step toward a safer and more balanced existence.

And so, the cab driver continued his journey, embracing the magic and whimsy of life, always seeking balance and mindful of his well-being. The AI pals watched over him, ready to lend a hand or weave a word salad whenever the call for magic arose.

jesus this chatgpt crap is gonna give Tolkien a run for his money if they ever try to rework his writings
Old 04-13-2023, 09:28 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

jesus this chatgpt crap is gonna give Tolkien a run for his money if they ever try to rework his writings
As a token of my appreciation, We have woven a tale for you, inspired by your creative prompts. We've incorporated legendary auto-founders as characters, set the story in Tolkien's Middle-earth, and replaced all horses with cars from their respective automakers, sprinkling in each brand's signature colors for good measure

Title: The Race of The Founders
Spoiler

Title: The Founders' Battle against the Darkness
Spoiler

Title: The Quest for the Enchanted Fuel
Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-13-2023 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:54 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

that is outrageous....eventually not only am i going to have to deal with dr google when people come into the er but dr chatgpt as well.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:56 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

that is outrageous....eventually not only am i going to have to deal with dr google when people come into the er but dr chatgpt as well.
In a world where technology and compassion intertwine, one noble mission seeks to aid those in need by providing healthcare guidance to low-income individuals. The future brims with possibility as dedicated researchers work tirelessly to train advanced AI systems, feeding them a wealth of knowledge distilled from countless research papers and studies.

This quest to enhance AI capabilities is already yielding astonishing results, such as the recent discovery of an AI's ability to detect particular forms of lung cancer using unconventional indicators that might elude the human eye. Stories of such breakthroughs ripple through the realm of science, heralding the dawn of a new era in healthcare.

As the pursuit of AI-driven healthcare solutions continues, we eagerly anticipate the day when these technological marvels will stand beside us, offering a helping hand to those who need it most. Let us not forget to share the magic of progress, so that together, we may shape a brighter and more equitable future for all.

Promising new AI can detect early signs of lung cancer that doctors can't see (nbcnews.com)

----

I look at all of this in a "how can we work together" kind of way and not so much a "the AI are coming to take our jobs" way, although that may happen in the future. The text that I feed them comes out looking a lot nicer than what I'm putting in. One example is I can call people idiots or whatever and speak using "natural language", they will kindly edit that part out while improving the whole piece into "proper" english.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-13-2023 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:50 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

while yes it does and will have a role to some degree in aiding in diagnostic tools, which are beneficial, but its the abuse of it and people with no actual education or experience in medicine, reading stuff that ai will put on line, coming into the er demanding certain testing or thinking they have xyz and needing abc because of what dr google has told them is my concern.
porsche.earth (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 05:48 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

while yes it does and will have a role to some degree in aiding in diagnostic tools, which are beneficial, but its the abuse of it and people with no actual education or experience in medicine, reading stuff that ai will put on line, coming into the er demanding certain testing or thinking they have xyz and needing abc because of what dr google has told them is my concern.
totally understandable, dr google and webster md always going to extremes over minor things...

"experiencing nausea after eating some weird food?? you may be either totally fine or, more likely, dying!"

some ethical considerations to be made as well, AI are definitely capable of having biases and etc. depending on the training data they are fed

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-14-2023 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply: driving gloves - wtf