Notices

Beware of member megafish.jk AKA Junki Lee or Jay

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 11:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by Geogconsult
It's pretty suck to get scammed by lowlife. I can imagine what you guys went through.
Says the guy who has a scam ad in the Marketplace right now? Or do you have the only quad turbo inline six 992 in the world for sale?
Old 03-06-2023, 11:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Btw, scams persist on this site because the mods don’t cull even the most obvious scam ads from the Marketplace, nor do they enforce the TOS that requires people to register as vendors if their only participation on the site is to sell things.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:38 PM
SalvageTurbo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zphiroz
Did you say he got you for $40K ‘which isn’t the end of the world’?

Really? That leads me to assume one of two things:

a) You and Junki Lee are either friends, or the same person.

b) $40K is a drop in the bucket. In which case…… I’m ready for you to adopt me
I did consider him a friend until i came to realize i was getting scammed. He is still scamming people for tiny amounts for him to just get by in life. Very sad human being he is.
Sorry I have enough dependents in my life to take on another. LOL
Old 03-28-2023, 06:03 PM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

This guy scammed multiple people (me included) from running fraudulent track day events in Alberta last summer. I've been trying to get RCMP to nail this guy but it's been a lot of work to get them going.

Writeup posted on another forum about this guy:
ay Lee/Junki Lee is a track day organizer out of Vancouver and was looking to test out the Alberta Track scene. He was hosting a track day event @ Rocky Mountain Motorsports on August 14th and @ Strawberry Creek Raceway on August 17th. Both of these events were filled and he collected full track fees/deposits from approximately 75 people (some signed up for both events) alot are my friends and whom you know as well.

The event at RMM was cancelled (albeit not his fault) and in speaking to others, allegedly the Strawberry Creek event was never booked at all. RMM refunded the track fees to Jay Lee a couple days before the event and since then he has made numerous excuses to delay refunding the money to all involved. I and a few others have been coordinating with the rest of the victims and have attempted to report this to CPS/RCMP and some are contemplating pressing civil charges as well. He had told everyone that he would push the track day to Sept 11 but we later found out that he had just been stalling and wasting people's time. For some others he had even coerced people to move their track day fees into a separate Area 27 Track day that he was organizing Oct 1 & 2 and collected even more money from them. I found out today from Area 27 that Jay has now cancelled the booking for Oct 1 & 2.

There have only been 2 people who have been refunded for the track days but sadly no one else has been.

At this point, CPS/RCMP have told us that they will not pursue it as it is a civil matter. I would not be surprised if the rest never see their money again. Beyond CSI? Not sure what kind of recourse can come from this, so buyer beware I suppose, since this one hits pretty close to home.

This is the research we have compiled on this guy. We've found through online (and paid) searches through the BC court system that he has been charged and convicted multiple times for fraud and theft in BC. In addition, he's been sued multiple times for a number of scams and the plaintiffs have been awarded judgment each time. Man were we ever fools to send this guy any money. You can take a look at what we've compiled in the link below.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

The following 4 users liked this post by asiancaucasian:
BlkTuna (04-14-2024), K-Nut (03-28-2023), KLOC (04-04-2023), wdb (03-28-2023)
Old 03-30-2024, 04:15 PM
samooseh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you guys ever get anywhere with this scammer? He scammed me back in 2017 posing as a luxury brands wholesaler. Scumbag of a human
Old 03-31-2024, 12:02 PM
lexbro
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffkilly
Why make a “Captain Obvious” reply, when the OP, already said he made a mistake. It’s called being human. Every once in a while, you let your guard down and a scammer wins. This is what scammers wait for! They are thieves and low lives and have all the time in the world! No need to add salt to the wound.
..beat me to it..well said

Quick Reply: Beware of member megafish.jk AKA Junki Lee or Jay