Porsche vehicle security findings

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 07:50 PM
edub
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Porsche vehicle security findings

https://samcurry.net/web-hackers-vs-the-auto-industry/

• Ability to send retrieve vehicle location, send vehicle commands, and retrieve customer information via vulnerabilities affecting the vehicle Telematics service
I would love to hear what response Porsche has to these findings. I imagine most of the vulnerabilities are the result of their partnership with VAG, likely the findings within Porsche cars are also present in other VAG autos:

The Volkswagen Group sells passenger cars under the Audi, Bentley, Cupra, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda and Volkswagen brands; motorcycles under the Ducati name; light commercial vehicles under the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brand; and heavy commercial vehicles via the marques of listed subsidiary Traton (Navistar, MAN, Scania and Volkswagen Truck & Bus).
​​​​​​​ ~ from Wikipedia

While I do not have same experience as the team in this blog post, I find the security of the PCM and related systems to lack industry best practices.
The following users liked this post:
maschinetheist (01-05-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Michael Benno
Rennlist Member

Received 893 Likes on 351 Posts
Default Updated again

I have updated the index to include a file that consolidates all the WSM catalogs into a single file created by @Rob Edwards
928 Technical Reference Index

@hacker-pschorr I am not longer able to edit my first post. Is there something you can do to restore this functionality for me?

Also, I have a fairly large Google directory of everything 928. Wayne Strut provided me with the bulk of the material on a zip drive a few years ago and there is a lot of useful info in ther beyond factory service manuals. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=drive_link

Please do not judge the organization or lack there of. The data is sort of organized into various systems, but there is still a lot of disorganized files.